2012 20 2021-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew Rube
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298504 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello everyone.  with my dji fpv it happened that during a long range of about 2 kilometers, it lost signal for a very short period, about 1 second.  as soon as the signal stabilized, the drone only responded to the commands to raise and lower, while the forward, rear, right and left commands did not work.  after about 10/15 seconds it restarts.  this thing also happened to another dji fpv of a friend of mine.  it's normal?
2021-4-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have lost signal on occasion but can't say I have ever noticed. Its usually in a failsafe RTH when it happens to me and I just pause it and it all works as it should.

2021-4-15
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

When you say "it lost signal" I assume you mean the video feed. Correct?

Have you tried looking at the flight logs? The logs includes all sorts of interesting information. You can seen how well the control link behaved and you can also access the notifications received during the flight. Here's one example. DjiNotificationsl210413a.JPG
Maybe a look at the logs will help you figure out what's going on.
If you don't know how to access these logs, check this post.

Edit: The screen shot above is from Airdata.com. I use their website and app to view the logs.
2021-4-15
Use props
Andrew Rube
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Duane Degn Posted at 4-15 16:37

Have you tried looking at the flight logs? The logs includes all sorts of interesting information. You can seen how well the control link behaved and you can also access the notifications received during the flight. Here's one example.[view_image]
[Image]

hi Duane, thanks for the answer.  Yes, I know how the logs work and how to extrapolate them, but I don't think I will find the answer, this is because before performing RTH the drone passes several seconds for no signal.  In my case it didn't happen anyway I'll take a look like you said, thanks!
2021-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Andrew Rube. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI FPV to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. May we also know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

2021-4-15
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Andrew, what do you have set for your RTH logic? There are RTH, Hover, and Land. Perhaps you’re set to hover.
2021-4-16
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

I am surprised you go so far on the EU power mode. To avoid unwanted effect you might consider switching the power mode ... with help of this forum and a bit of research ...
2021-4-16
Use props
Andrew Rube
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Buster1 Posted at 4-16 04:05
Andrew, what do you have set for your RTH logic? There are RTH, Hover, and Land. Perhaps you’re set to hover.

hello, thanks for the answer.  I can reassure you that it was set to RETURN TO HOME.  I emphasize that the drone responded maliciously to the RAISE AND LOWER commands
2021-4-16
Use props
Andrew Rube
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

tomekyo Posted at 4-16 05:21
I am surprised you go so far on the EU power mode. To avoid unwanted effect you might consider switching the power mode ... with help of this forum and a bit of research ...

thanks for your answer.  yes you can go even farther if the battery could allow it.  in my region I have no high obstacles and I have many plains as far as the eye can see.
2021-4-16
Use props
Andrew Rube
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 21:16
Hello there Andrew Rube. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI FPV to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. May we also know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello.  the problem of electromagnetism could be an answer, but I find it more of an "excuse".  I don't believe in the area where I was there is these problems but unfortunately no one can confirm it.  the phone model is oneplus 6t but at the time of the flight it was not connected to the viewer, there was no need.  the radio signal was perfectly directed towards the drone.  the lack of signal is due to the shielding of a natural obstacle because I was too low.  resumed the signal the drone only responded to the commands I said earlier.  I know this has happened to other people with the same drone model
2021-4-16
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7759249 ft
Italy

The same thing happened to me today. Signal lost and signal returned after few seconds, only the throttle worked (Up and Down), but it did not move left right back and forward. I pressed RTH but the drone did not move. The battery ran out after several minutes and the drone came back automatically. RTH set up correctly, no interference as I have flown there many times with no problems. I use an iphone xr which, however, was not connected to the goggles.
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_PPFAz0sdYPJf
lvl.1

United States

I have a problem where my goggles keep restarting after 10 minutes of non stop  use. It happened to me while i was flying. Luckily I wasn’t too far away.
2021-4-30
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_PPFAz0sdYPJf Posted at 4-30 15:02
I have a problem where my goggles keep restarting after 10 minutes of non stop  use. It happened to me while i was flying. Luckily I wasn’t too far away.

"my goggles keep restarting after 10 minutes"

I've never had this problem myself. Were in flying in very warm weather? Do you hear the cooling fan inside the goggles when they are turned on?

It sounds like you probably should contact DJI support. I don't think your goggles are behaving normally.
2021-4-30
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Italy

Hello everyone.  with my dji fpv it happened that during a long range of about 2 kilometers, it lost signal for a very short period, about 1 second.  as soon as the signal stabilized, the drone only responded to the commands to raise and lower, while the forward, rear, right and left commands did not work.  after about 10/15 seconds it restarts.  this thing also happened to another dji fpv of a friend of mine.  it's normal?

did you fly with the gopro or other things attached to the shell?
2021-4-30
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Italy

2021-4-30
Use props
Andrew Rube
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Travelwild Posted at 4-30 23:12

No, i didn t use any other cameras
2021-5-2
Use props
DFMoller
lvl.1

United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-30 17:45
"my goggles keep restarting after 10 minutes"

I've never had this problem myself. Were in flying in very warm weather? Do you hear the cooling fan inside the goggles when they are turned on?

Contacted DJI like you mentioned. They took care and replaced my goggles. It turned out that the fan stopped working. DJI has great customer support.
2021-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is quite normal behaviour. (under certain conditions) I will explain.
There is a clear demarcation between Signal and No signal. No signal will generate a wait for some seconds in an attempt to reestablish. Then execute its lost signal process.

So what happens "in between"

When a signal is distorted by interference or low amplitude it is subject to "Noise"

The Signal from the transmitter wraps the stick value packets into an envelope with checksum data.

if the RX receives a packet with a checksum data error it throws the packet away.

If it "in between" receiving invalid packets receives a valid packet it resets the no signal process. e.g. no RTH.

Invalid packets that are thrown away will cause the stick channel to remain at the stick position it was at when the last valid packet was received.

So it is possible that the practical impact on the drone will be that it loses some control inputs but might retain others . e.g. responding to up and down or left and right stick movements.

If this behaviour persists you should trigger a RTH by either the switch or by switching off your TX.
2021-8-25
Use props
fansce0232e0
New
Flight distance : 274370 ft
United States

Buster1 Posted at 2021-4-16 04:05

Sir- I may be overlooking something obvious, but I do not see in the app or goggles where I can change the behavior of a lost signal situation. I am working on using the DJI FPV in a gps denied environment, and would like the hover or land option if I lose RX/TX connection.
2023-3-24
Use props
Shayne Lory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 751407 ft

United States

Duane Degn Posted at 2021-4-15 16:37

Have you tried looking at the flight logs? The logs includes all sorts of interesting information. You can seen how well the control link behaved and you can also access the notifications received during the flight. Here's one example.[view_image]
[Image]

At the risk of sounding like a newbie, how do you check your flight logs?
2-14 12:50
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

Shayne Lory Posted at 2-14 12:50
At the risk of sounding like a newbie, how do you check your flight logs?

Sorry for the late reply.

The Fly app has a way to download logs but I also use Airdata.com. That's where I see most of the detail in the logs.
3-4 08:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules