FPV Goggles / Remote / Air Unit Pairing
433 4 2023-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mercior
lvl.1

Vietnam

So I have the original DJI FPV goggles + remote controller, the ones that were designed to work with the original air unit.

Have flown happily for years but recently my drone took a swim in the ocean and I had to order a new air unit that I thought would be compatible. I got the 'Caddx Air Unit (Micro Version)'.

I've updated the firmware on goggles, remote & the new air unit using the dji assistant (fpv edition). All seems ok.

When I try to pair either the goggles or remote, I hear them beeping in pair mode correctly. My air unit has a green light, I press the link button on the air unit and its light turns red... but nothing pairs!

I've tried having the goggles in pair mode, then pressing the pair on air unit. I've tried the other way around - air unit first, then goggles. Have tried the same thing with the remote controller. Nothing seems to work.

Am I missing anything ? Is my original equipment even compatible with this 'caddx air unit' ? It is extremely difficult + confusing to find information on this topic and the naming of all the dji fpv products does not help matters.

Are there any other reasons my air unit won't pair with the goggles/remote?
2023-11-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You have to use the second to last firmware. The newest firmware makes it compatible with the Controller 2 and Goggles 2. Downgrade to the one earlier and you're good to go.
2023-11-5
Use props
mercior
lvl.1

Vietnam

Depp Posted at 11-5 04:14
You have to use the second to last firmware. The newest firmware makes it compatible with the Controller 2 and Goggles 2. Downgrade to the one earlier and you're good to go.

Thanks I will try that now
2023-11-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

mercior Posted at 11-5 04:16
Thanks I will try that now

I'm pretty sure it's the second to last. Maybe the third to last. If you want to be completely sure you should watch Joshua Bardwell on YouTube.
2023-11-5
Use props
mercior
lvl.1

Vietnam

I have it working now by downgrading the remote + air unit to the '600' firmware version.

Unfortunately I can't seem to downgrade the goggles, theres no option for it. Despite being on a newer firmware they do pair + work, albeit with a OSD warning message that pops up.

Thanks for the help. And to DJI:  it is pretty bad that your software prompts me to update to firmware that breaks my hardware. I am guessing your goggle update disabled my video-over-usb-out ability from the goggles which is why you don't want to let me downgrade - and that is also pretty s***ty of you. It is an amazing feature of the hardware, and not only have you taken it away for no good reason, but in the process you have damaged the product I purchased from you as I am now forced to see a warning in my goggles every time I fly.
2023-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules