2325 10 2023-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mohammad Dezfuli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220354 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone tell me how to lock the focus on Osmo 3 Pocket?

2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Pocket 3 does not support AF-Lock (Auto Focus Lock). The unit supports 3 focus modes, please check the following:

1. Single AF (AFS)
2. Continuous AF (AFC): Automatically continues focusing on subjects in the frame without the need for manually selecting a target.
3. Product Showcase Mode: The focus area is enlarged. In Product Showcase Mode, the camera prioritizes focusing on the displayed objects closer to the lens. The speed of recognition and switching has fast and slow settings, suitable for scenarios like Livestream product showcases and unboxing videos.
2023-12-10
Use props
Mohammad Dezfuli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220354 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-10 21:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Pocket 3 does not support AF-Lock (Auto Focus Lock). The unit supports 3 focus modes, please check the following:

1. Single AF (AFS)
Thank you!  I am not asking about how to focus!!!
FYI: The only way to lock the focus, IS THROUGH MIMO and your mobile device!
I can lock the focus in photo mode but when I switch to video, it doesn’t lock the focus on my iPhone.
Here’s a photo of what I am talking about(below)
Please look closely, you can see the lock icon inside the left hand bottom corner of yellow box. You can only do achieve this locking focus on your mobile device! Not on Osmo itself! Does that make sense?  Again, I have my Osmo connected to my iPhone via Mimo app. Using my iPhone as a monitor, I can control the Osmo through the app. I should be able to hold the yellow box for two seconds in order to focus on background and then the locking icon appears in the corner of yellow box, confirming that the focus is locked on background and if you place a white cardboard in foreground of the Osmo lens, Osmo will not try to focus on the white  cardboard. Does that make sense?
IMG_4895.jpeg
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mohammad Dezfuli Posted at 12-10 22:09
FYI: The only way to lock the focus, IS THROUGH MIMO and your mobile device!
I can lock the focus in photo mode but when I switch to video, it doesn’t lock the focus on my iPhone.

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We appreciate your patience.

2023-12-12
Use props
stuzbot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mohammad Dezfuli Posted at 12-10 22:09
I can lock the focus in photo mode but when I switch to video, it doesn’t lock the focus on my iPhone.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. But, if you change the focus mode to "Single" on the camera, then tap on something on the screen to focus there, the focus is effectively "locked" isn't it?

That's what I do when I'm shooting video and I don't want the camera to keep refocussing as things move in and out of shot, or nearer and further from the camera.
2023-12-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed, I don't understand the problem.  No need to hold for two seconds, just use single focus and tap on what you want to focus on.  I just tested it to be sure.  No, you don't see a lock icon, but on the tiny screen I don't think such an icon would be visible.  You just see the yellow square for a moment.  Possibly the question relates to the need to be in single focus mode - maybe via the phone you can hold for two seconds to temporarily switch to single focus and lock.  I haven't tested that.  I can see how that could be useful and there's no obvious reason why it couldn't work on the camera's own screen, if a FW update could achieve it.
2023-12-19
Use props
Enki Amenra
lvl.1
United States

Mohammad Dezfuli Posted at 2023-12-10 22:09
[Image]

Thats not focus lock. That's exposure lock. . .
1-31 12:00
Use props
Enki Amenra
lvl.1
United States

Mohammad Dezfuli Posted at 2023-12-10 22:09
[Image]
1-31 12:01
Use props
Anton333
lvl.1

Germany

Here is a YouTube-Video which explains it in short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH2NYwpMLpc
(I know, this thread is a few month old ... but I got the same question and on google this is on top. Therefore for the next ones, maybe this is helpful)

Short-Text, if the YouTube is no longer available:

Whipe to left, go to pro-Settings, go down to focus-mode and switch so single.
5-17 09:58
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As DJI said no focus Lock, it can be requested andmaybe we need a Manual Focus. that this camera does not have..  maybe the next firmware or next Pocket  hope they get he answer back to you.
5-17 10:02
Use props
MichaelMiki
lvl.1
Spain

I really need "Locking focus and exposure" by tapping and holding the screen. Super important option!
Now this can be done only by Mimo app what is very uncomfortable using camera, phone, stick. And yellow option is not visible on the phone. Forget about using it on the phone - this is useless. I want to use only camera, not the phone.
I mean about that: youtu.be/cbCKpyHOqwI?si=Evb1AJtU8ZVIcp6d&t=799

All phone camerach have option "lock focus and exposure".
5-17 14:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules