Newport Wetlands - DJI Mini Pro Range Test
184 7 1-25 05:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Buzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109619 ft
United Kingdom

A quick test of the DJI Mini Pro 4's range, winds were quite high as you can see so I RTH to ensure I wasnt caught out. No fancy cinematic moves just a practice day for flight skills and some quick video editing.

Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/@DroneBuzzUK

Thanks,

James.

1-25 05:30
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6643225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video and area.
1-25 07:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting views of the wetlands.  Despite the strong winds the Mini 4 Pro performed quite well.
1-25 09:49
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6262736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice flight. Were you happy with the performance of your drone?
1-25 14:29
Use props
Drone Buzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109619 ft
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-25 14:29
Nice flight. Were you happy with the performance of your drone?

I think I picked a bad day to do a range test, the wind brought with it risk and I chose not to go further afield reducing the chance of the drone running out of power on the way back. I went through 3 batties in the space of 25 mins give or take. I normally get 35 mins flight time per battery so that puts in perspective how hard the drone was fighting to stay in place. All in all im impressed with the performance in wind but as a range test I found that trees cause signigicant signal drops but would like to test again on a calmer day.
1-25 16:40
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6262736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Buzz Posted at 1-25 16:40
I think I picked a bad day to do a range test, the wind brought with it risk and I chose not to go further afield reducing the chance of the drone running out of power on the way back. I went through 3 batties in the space of 25 mins give or take. I normally get 35 mins flight time per battery so that puts in perspective how hard the drone was fighting to stay in place. All in all im impressed with the performance in wind but as a range test I found that trees cause signigicant signal drops but would like to test again on a calmer day.

These little drones handle the wind surprisingly well, within limits.Depending where you stand, you ight be surprised just how far the range can stretch - if you're on an elevated TOAL point ( a hill) for example.
But generally, it's best to keep it within the distance you can see it
1-25 23:27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2-24 13:23
Use props
Codgerzh2