488 22 3-26 23:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Join me on a multi day motorcycle trip in the Western Cape South Africa through different biomes from arrid to tree shrouded, from inland to coastal. And see some occasional animals.
  The visuals were captured mostly using the Osmo ACtion 3 in Hyperlapse mode - to avoid being boring.
  Day 1 Part 1.
  Escaping from my everyday prison, I headed for the Hemel en aarde road toward a breakfast in Caledon, then headed to Stormsvlei and on to Bonnievale for my first petrol stop.
  At the entrance to Montagu (not the Monstergoo that had anything to do with the Crapulets) I went through the Kogmanskloof pass for a peek at the old English fort (1899) (That is fort with an O not an A).
  Then on to the Tradouw pass where in the past I have passed more than one night asleep on the table at the picnic spot by the waterfall - magic place to wake in the morning.

Music:
  Missing Persons - Jeremy Blake
  Left U Into (Sting) - Otis McDonald (1)

To be continued - part 2 My spirits rise like a bird over the pass scenery and almost crash my drone, to Suurbraak, Buffeljagts (and a nice goat or two) and set up camp in Swellendam for a nasty night.

Day 2 to the karoo - somewhere in the future...

3-26 23:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I cant believe you managed to escape,    they must be looking for you.  
3-27 01:54
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 3-27 01:54
I cant believe you managed to escape,    they must be looking for you.

The zookeeper is a little near-sighted and walks very slowly. yet he is hot on my trail:

keeper

keeper
3-27 02:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 3-27 02:39
The zookeeper is a little near-sighted and walks very slowly.

You should be pretty safe then,  just dont run out of fuel.
3-27 02:41
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 3-27 02:41
You should be pretty safe then,  just dont run out of fuel.

that could be a problem indeed
3-27 02:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you picked a great weather day for your trip Droffarc.  Lovely scenery all along the way you rode.  
3-27 03:30
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-27 03:30
Looks like you picked a great weather day for your trip Droffarc.  Lovely scenery all along the way you rode.

Thanks Downtown, it was a tad too hot the next day in the karoo - as for scenery, you aint scene nuffing yit. day 4 is my favorite kind of scene to be seen.
3-27 03:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Droffarc Posted at 3-27 03:42
Thanks Downtown, it was a tad too hot the next day in the karoo - as for scenery, you aint scene nuffing yit. day 4 is my favorite kind of scene to be seen.

You're very welcome Droffarc.  Knowing that I'm excited to see parts 2-4.  
3-27 11:56
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Looks like you've embarked on a great adventure. Nice footage overall and good choice of music. Will be interesting to see the following parts. Doing a road trip at some point could be cool, but I don't think I currently have the time nor the resources to do that now. That change of music and picture in the middle of the ride footage did surprise me a little
3-27 15:19
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

HGDC84 Posted at 3-27 15:19
Looks like you've embarked on a great adventure. Nice footage overall and good choice of music. Will be interesting to see the following parts. Doing a road trip at some point could be cool, but I don't think I currently have the time nor the resources to do that now. That change of music and picture in the middle of the ride footage did surprise me a little

Thanks HGDC ja the breakfast scene was  a bit of a quick break .   As for the music, I tried to convey the feeling that I was "missing"/ vanished subsequent days I used music created by @Peter Montfooj  in his jams which I felt fitted the scenes depicted., maybe not everybody's taste. If I couldI would  have used the music of someone like Vangelis or maybe Hans Zimmer.
3-27 22:35
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6262736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An epic journey begins. Confuscius said "The longest journey starts with but a single step". And off you went.  Amazing just how little traffic you encountered en route. Awesome scenery amongst the rocks, by drone. And what a place to spend the night - on a picnic table by a waterfall? Extraordinary.
3-27 23:27
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 3-27 23:27
An epic journey begins. Confuscius said "The longest journey starts with but a single step". And off you went.  Amazing just how little traffic you encountered en route. Awesome scenery amongst the rocks, by drone. And what a place to spend the night - on a picnic table by a waterfall? Extraordinary.

Apart from the fact that at last they're working on the roads with mega stop/go sections which have 20 minute waiting time (which I cut out of the footage as uninteresting) there is not much traffic between towns on a Wednesday. Mostly the traffic heaps up behind slow moving trucks where it is dangerous to pass.
In my dirty past I travelled usually solo as now and did some "stealth" camping where other people would not possibly due to my military training all those years ago.
3-28 01:10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 3-28 01:10
Apart from the fact that at last they're working on the roads with mega stop/go sections which have 20 minute waiting time (which I cut out of the footage as uninteresting) there is not much traffic between towns on a Wednesday. Mostly the traffic heaps up behind slow moving trucks where it is dangerous to pass.
In my dirty past I travelled usually solo as now and did some "stealth" camping where other people would not possibly due to my military training all those years ago.

Past experience paying dividends
3-28 01:21
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 3-28 01:21
Past experience paying dividends

You know what they say - old rabbits die hard
3-28 01:39
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droffarc Posted at 3-28 01:39
You know what they say - old rabbits die hard

Old drone pilots never die, they just RTH
3-28 04:25
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Blériot53 Posted at 3-28 04:25
Old drone pilots never die, they just RTH

3-28 11:08
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Wuz up with 0:55!? Was that a commercial break? :-)

The music sounds like from a thriller. I was looking forward spotting Liam Neeson hiding somewhere behind one of them bushes with an Osmo Action 4 :-)
3-28 11:57
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

osmonauta Posted at 3-28 11:57
Wuz up with 0:55!? Was that a commercial break? :-)

The music sounds like from a thriller. I was looking forward spotting Liam Neeson hiding somewhere behind one of them bushes with an Osmo Action 4 :-)

No man! Tha was a breakfast break OH! didnt you see him? he was taking a nap by the waterfall
3-28 12:12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Droffarc Posted at 3-27 22:35
Thanks HGDC ja the breakfast scene was  a bit of a quick break .   As for the music, I tried to convey the feeling that I was "missing"/ vanished subsequent days I used music created by @Peter Montfooj  in his jams which I felt fitted the scenes depicted., maybe not everybody's taste. If I couldI would  have used the music of someone like Vangelis or maybe Hans Zimmer.

Monty's music certainly fits the bill, I think

It would be interesting to know how easy or hard it could be to get music from the "big names" on to YouTube videos, I've heard some conflicting comments about it. My friend says the local copyright association of music industry representatives here in Finland has penned a deal with YouTube in a way that would allow private individuals to use copyrighted music on their videos without specifically asking permissions or paying fees, but I do not know if that is actually true.

I have been thinking about creating a YouTube video that would feature music from Two Steps From Hell (they've made some music for blockbuster Hollywood movies, for instance) and asked about their representatives about how much would it cost to have their permission to feature their song on the video. They replied that in my case, licensing the song for non-commercial use of a private person's video on YouTube would cost about 100 euros. So I do think the cost wouldn't be completely impossible in my case. Of course, that probably depends on the licenseholder, the usage etc. so there could be a lot of variance on case-by-case basis.
4-1 07:55
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

HGDC84 Posted at 4-1 07:55
Monty's music certainly fits the bill, I think

It would be interesting to know how easy or hard it could be to get music from the "big names" on to YouTube videos, I've heard some conflicting comments about it. My friend says the local copyright association of music industry representatives here in Finland has penned a deal with YouTube in a way that would allow private individuals to use copyrighted music on their videos without specifically asking permissions or paying fees, but I do not know if that is actually true.

Ja I don't know - my first video got the mesage as below:
4-1 12:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6643225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great tour.
4-1 13:03
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like a nice trip!
4-1 23:07
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Droffarc Posted at 4-1 12:44
Ja I don't know - my first video got the mesage as below:
[view_image]

I think it may not cause any immediate trouble at least. Some copyright holders may have their music recognized from the videos, and could probably monetize it to their needs by the ads shown, but they still can allow the use of the music on the video without any further demands.
4-18 12:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules