Can't go into "Go Fly" mode in DJI Fly
2174 10 2022-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BruceBob
lvl.1
United States

I just received a new Mavic 3, and installed DJI Fly on my Moto G7 Optimo Maxx phone.  I was able to link and bind the Mavic 3 and controller, but when I click the blue "Go Fly" button at lower right, the app just blinks and stays on that screen.  Am I missing something, or is the Moto G7 another phone that isn't compatible with DJI Fly?
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm if you are trying to take off the unit indoors? If yes, kindly please try to set up the unit outdoors, and please make sure that you have enough GPS signal (Satelite icon on the app). Once you are connected and you have enough GPS signal, tap the take-off button on the left side of the screen, and once you get the message, press and hold to take off. If the issue persists, please check the overall status of the unit to see if there is an error message. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-21
Use props
BruceBob
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-21 18:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm if you are trying to take off the unit indoors? If yes, kindly please try to set up the unit outdoors, and please make sure that you have enough GPS signal (Satelite icon on the app). Once you are connected and you have enough GPS signal, tap the take-off button on the left side of the screen, and once you get the message, press and hold to take off. If the issue persists, please check the overall status of the unit to see if there is an error message. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I took the unit outdoors, but the DJI Fly app never got to the Camera/Fly screen where the GPS satellites would show.  It never even showed a camera view.  It stayed on this initial screen, except that since the unit was linked to the drone at the time,  where it says "connection Guide" in this picture there was a blue box saying "Go Fly".  Pressing the Go Fly did nothing.  
2022-12-21
Use props
BruceBob
lvl.1
United States

FWIW, I was able to install all the firmware updates when I first turned on the controller and drone.
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BruceBob Posted at 12-21 19:46
I took the unit outdoors, but the DJI Fly app never got to the Camera/Fly screen where the GPS satellites would show.  It never even showed a camera view.  It stayed on this initial screen, except that since the unit was linked to the drone at the time,  where it says "connection Guide" in this picture there was a blue box saying "Go Fly".  Pressing the Go Fly did nothing.  [view_image]

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please try to use a different mobile device for us to further isolate the issue? It seems that the mobile device won't establish a connection with your remote controller. You may refer to the link below for the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-12-23
Use props
BruceBob
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-23 02:43
Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please try to use a different mobile device for us to further isolate the issue? It seems that the mobile device won't establish a connection with your remote controller. You may refer to the link below for the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

The only other phone that I have access to is the same model as mine, and it does the same thing.  It seems that if the phone wasn't able to establish a connection with the controller, then it wouldn't have been able to recognize and bind the drone and controller when I signed up for DJI Care after activation.  I think that my phone is yet another Android that has "other" compatibility issues.
When I look at the list of "approved" compatible Android phones, except for Samsung there are very few of the makes and models commonly used in the US on the list.  I have decided to just order the RC-Pro to eliminate any phone compatibility issues down the road.
2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BruceBob Posted at 12-25 10:44
The only other phone that I have access to is the same model as mine, and it does the same thing.  It seems that if the phone wasn't able to establish a connection with the controller, then it wouldn't have been able to recognize and bind the drone and controller when I signed up for DJI Care after activation.  I think that my phone is yet another Android that has "other" compatibility issues.
When I look at the list of "approved" compatible Android phones, except for Samsung there are very few of the makes and models commonly used in the US on the list.  I have decided to just order the RC-Pro to eliminate any phone compatibility issues down the road.

We appreciate your understanding regarding this matter. Hope you receive your DJI RC Pro soon for you to setup and fly your DJI Mavic 3. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_jT8sDSJhOH7F
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-12-21 18:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm if you are trying to take off the unit indoors? If yes, kindly please try to set up the unit outdoors, and please make sure that you have enough GPS signal (Satelite icon on the app). Once you are connected and you have enough GPS signal, tap the take-off button on the left side of the screen, and once you get the message, press and hold to take off. If the issue persists, please check the overall status of the unit to see if there is an error message. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I have a Mavic Mini SE and sometimes I get a null : 255 code when I try to fly.
4-21 11:23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_jT8sDSJhOH7F Posted at 4-21 11:23
I have a Mavic Mini SE and sometimes I get a null : 255 code when I try to fly.

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please take a screenshot showing the error message and send it to us so we can check the issue further? We will wait for your response. Thank you.
4-22 00:36
Use props
djiuser_TmCEgyDuwWPM
New

United States

DJI Fly app, won't display the Go Fly button, only lists the Connection Guide button. Was working yesterday and now it won't switch to the Go Fly button after the controller and drone are turned on have been synched already?
5-3 13:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_TmCEgyDuwWPM Posted at 5-3 13:52
DJI Fly app, won't display the Go Fly button, only lists the Connection Guide button. Was working yesterday and now it won't switch to the Go Fly button after the controller and drone are turned on have been synched already?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Will it be fine if you show us a screen recording or a screenshot? Thank you.
5-4 00:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules