Files not recorded when using Raveneye/Ronin app
478 8 2023-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adanac
lvl.1
United States

Hello!  I shot a whole day with the RS3 Pro and the Canon R5.  At the end of the day, I had zero files on the card.

I used the Ronin app to trigger the camera, but it looks as if the app didn't trigger the camera to record.  I used the same setup two days prior and didn't have any problems - the app triggered the camera on that day, all day.

Some other users in the Ronin facebook group say this is a known bug for which there is no fix, apart from not using the app to trigger the camera.

Thoughts?
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know other functions can be triggered normally by DJI Ronin App?
2023-3-28
Use props
Br8tling
lvl.1
United States

I also had this issue. The app sometimes triggered record, but mostly didn't. I have 11 out of 35 clips on the memory card. I could download the missing files (in HD and with sometimes reception issues) from the Ronin app.
5-2 19:46
Use props
Br8tling
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-3-28 02:57
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know other functions can be triggered normally by DJI Ronin App?

When I had the same issue yesterday I could control apurture, ISO and shutter, trigger was sometimes working, but mostly not.
5-2 19:47
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Br8tling Posted at 5-2 19:47
When I had the same issue yesterday I could control apurture, ISO and shutter, trigger was sometimes working, but mostly not.

Hello, there. May we confirm if you are using the same setup?
5-3 04:50
Use props
Br8tling
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-3 04:50
Hello, there. May we confirm if you are using the same setup?

Yes I am also using an RS3 Pro and Canon R5. I was triggering record through the Ronin App. I could change apurture, shutter and ISO. It looked like I could record stop/start too.
I recorded for several hours, but at the end I could see that less than half the clips were actually recorded on the camera. The low res transmitted files were all there in the Ronin app, but only 11 out of 36 clips were recorded within the camera itself.
5-5 20:30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Br8tling Posted at 5-5 20:30
Yes I am also using an RS3 Pro and Canon R5. I was triggering record through the Ronin App. I could change apurture, shutter and ISO. It looked like I could record stop/start too.
I recorded for several hours, but at the end I could see that less than half the clips were actually recorded on the camera. The low res transmitted files were all there in the Ronin app, but only 11 out of 36 clips were recorded within the camera itself.

Thanks for your reply.
Please let us know the version of your DJI Ronin APP.
The firmware version of your DJI RS 3 Pro and camera.
5-6 02:38
Use props
Br8tling
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-6 02:38
Thanks for your reply.
Please let us know the version of your DJI Ronin APP.
The firmware version of your DJI RS 3 Pro and camera.

App - 1.7.0(1070041)
RS3 Pro - 01.04.00.00
Canon R5 - v2.0.0
5-7 20:35
Use props
Br8tling
lvl.1
Australia

Br8tling Posted at 5-7 20:35
App - 1.7.0(1070041)
RS3 Pro - 01.04.00.00
Canon R5 - v2.0.0

Hi, you have gone quiet, can I check if there is any outcome with the information I supplied?
Thank you
5-13 00:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules