1369 19 2023-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI, when will this drone get auto exposure braketing, I want to purchase this drone but at the moment its not fully usuabel for me.
I take a mixture of stills and video for my business, I absolutley need AEB for panoramic photography when shooting sunrise/sunsets when dynamic range exceeds what a single exposure can handle!
come on team, its been a long time since a firmware update.
Any panoramic functions from the mavic seriers would be a massive bonus aswell.

2023-8-22
Use props
Skyling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12489137 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Staff started a survey for the Inspire 3: https://djistore.wjx.cn/vm/h1I3Ew0.aspx

I think it will come sooner than later, hopefully xD
2023-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im amazed this feature was missing at launch.
2023-8-23
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 02:05
Im amazed this feature was missing at launch.

It really is unbelievable.
2023-8-23
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Can dji explain why this want added to the latest firmware update?
2023-11-14
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

?????????????
2023-11-30
Use props
ChriguVideography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5044337 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

It's a mystery to me how such basic functions are missing in a professional drone. I know several photographers for whom the drone is definitely an option, but due to the lacking features, it's not purchased. I use it for filming 90% of the time, but for the remaining 10%, I still have to use the Inspire 2
2023-12-1
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

"auto exposure braketing" I want to start the same phrase as you and say, "When will we get continuous autofocus on this drone?"  This is the most annoying lack of a feature on the I3,  I find myself continuously tapping on an unresposive screen to focus in on a subject who is moving and the second you fly closer or away from the subject the drone is once again out of focus.  This makes most of the shots unusable and don't even get me started on attempting to color grade ProRes Raw 8.1k at 60fps, no matter what you do the image doesn't look right, too dark and dim forcing me to settle for 10 bit ProsRes 422 HQ.  There's too little information out there on how to properly use this drone with a little hard to find info from reviewers but one thing is clear... The lack of continuous autofocus options is the biggest issue with this drone.  I hope and pray that the dji inspire staff and engineers are listening to us and maybe just like when everyone hated the mavic 3 when it was released, they will redeem the drone with some useful firmware to solve these issues such as, when will they upgrade ProRes 422 HQ to be able to run 50/60 fps? I'm tired of dealing with jittery 25/30 fps, We know that the drone is capable of this
2023-12-1
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 12-1 13:11
"auto exposure braketing" I want to start the same phrase as you and say, "When will we get continuous autofocus on this drone?"  This is the most annoying lack of a feature on the I3,  I find myself continuously tapping on an unresposive screen to focus in on a subject who is moving and the second you fly closer or away from the subject the drone is once again out of focus.  This makes most of the shots unusable and don't even get me started on attempting to color grade ProRes Raw 8.1k at 60fps, no matter what you do the image doesn't look right, too dark and dim forcing me to settle for 10 bit ProsRes 422 HQ.  There's too little information out there on how to properly use this drone with a little hard to find info from reviewers but one thing is clear... The lack of continuous autofocus options is the biggest issue with this drone.  I hope and pray that the dji inspire staff and engineers are listening to us and maybe just like when everyone hated the mavic 3 when it was released, they will redeem the drone with some useful firmware to solve these issues such as, when will they upgrade ProRes 422 HQ to be able to run 50/60 fps? I'm tired of dealing with jittery 25/30 fps, We know that the drone is capable of this

None of the previous Inspires had continuous autofocus and they've been used quite successfully by single operators, including myself. I shot this solo with no separate focus puller, and everything seems to be in focus to me. I wouldn't hold your breath on DJI bringing continuous autofocus. Many professionals wouldn't use it if it did exist because it brings a bigger risk to focus hunting and ruined shots because of it.
2023-12-1
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 12-1 23:48
None of the previous Inspires had continuous autofocus and they've been used quite successfully by single operators, including myself. I shot this solo with no separate focus puller, and everything seems to be in focus to me. I wouldn't hold your breath on DJI bringing continuous autofocus. Many professionals wouldn't use it if it did exist because it brings a bigger risk to focus hunting and ruined shots because of it.
https://vimeo.com/883113725

It's a very nicely done professional video.  Did you shoot this in CDNG and edit in Resolve as well?

See, when you are shooting landscapes and mountains, the lack of autofocus options on the I3 is not as much of an issue as it is for folks like me that shoot sports footage where we are chasing and following humans.  Then continuous autofocus becomes a priority.  I understand that focus breathing makes segments of a shot unusable but I would at least like to have it as an option because it would be better for the drone and controller to control the autofocus while I'm trying to chase a runner then for me to have to continuously tap on the screen controller to make sure my subject doesn't come out all blurry
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hey Skyris, thank you so much for your voice. I have forwarded it to our engineer for further checking! Please rest assured that l will update you on the answers once l get the response. Your patience and understanding are well appreciated!
2023-12-6
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-6 23:18
Hey Skyris, thank you so much for your voice. I have forwarded it to our engineer for further checking! Please rest assured that l will update you on the answers once l get the response. Your patience and understanding are well appreciated!

This automated response is not good enough! this has been in talks now for almost 6 months, I need to use this drone for panoramic photography, I am still having to use my Mavic 3 Pro .
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you so much for your patience, the below is the response to your requirments.

Requirement 1:
The DJI Inspire 3 currently does not support AFC continuous autofocus function. We have forwarded this requirement to our engineers for evaluation, and we cannot confirm the specific implementation status at the moment.

Requirement 2:
The exposure parameters of the DJI Inspire 3 camera can be manually adjusted but do not support Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting function. We have conveyed this requirement to our engineers for evaluation, and the specific implementation status is currently undetermined.

Requirement 3:
The selected encoding format is ProRes 422 HQ, and shooting in 8K at 50/60fps is currently not achievable. If high frame rates are needed, you may choose 4K resolution. The possibility of implementing 8K at higher frame rates is uncertain at this time. We have communicated this requirement to our engineers, and we are awaiting further evaluation and confirmation.
2023-12-7
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-7 19:19
Thank you so much for your patience, the below is the response to your requirments.

Requirement 1:

Hi Dji Natalia, thanks for the reply. I only requested the AEB and this is a function that has been on all of the previous DJI drones, I just cant understand why it cant be implemented straight away.
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there! We appreciate your understanding and patience. We want you to know that we've promptly shared your AEB request with our engineers, and they are actively working on evaluating its implementation. We understand your frustration, and we assure you that we're dedicated to delivering the best user experience. Please trust that we're consistently testing to ensure any improvement meets the high standards you expect from DJI. It may take some time, but we're committed to providing you with the best possible features. Thank you for your continued support!
2023-12-7
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You guys are the best
2023-12-8
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

??????????????
1-1 11:46
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 2023-12-6 19:53
It's a very nicely done professional video.  Did you shoot this in CDNG and edit in Resolve as well?

See, when you are shooting landscapes and mountains, the lack of autofocus options on the I3 is not as much of an issue as it is for folks like me that shoot sports footage where we are chasing and following humans.  Then continuous autofocus becomes a priority.  I understand that focus breathing makes segments of a shot unusable but I would at least like to have it as an option because it would be better for the drone and controller to control the autofocus while I'm trying to chase a runner then for me to have to continuously tap on the screen controller to make sure my subject doesn't come out all blurry

Thanks. I shot it in 8K CDNG. Graded in Davinci Resolve.
1-2 19:36
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

??????????
1-12 16:33
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Almost 9 months in now, when are we going to see this basic photo feature added?? Come on...
3-14 19:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules