904 4 2023-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lfzLz9HzMWhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331713 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am new to drones and also video editing other than some basic edits in i-movie. Now on a steep learning curve!  I am looking into choosing a better platform as i develop more skills at editing, however this post just relates to reviewing images and making basic trims in QuickTime which seems a good choice for initial review, and trimming footage from my DJI mini pro 4. Im excited to see good 4K video and the camera quality and initial thoughts from my first test flights have been great ( although need to practice to smooth my flying at times! ) However when I review and playback in Quicktime the video seems to jitter, and jump at say every 10 secs or so. This is more noticable watching a moving car or person. The jumps/lag occur at different times on each playback so at least i know it is not a permanent issue - but it is frustrating when watching back clips to review a flight. This doesn't seem to happen on short videos - under 30 secs and is not as bad once the video has been played alot of times.  I am using a recent M1 mac laptop with 16GB Ram (should be enough right?) Monterey and an up to date QT 10.5. Although some of the files are big - up to 1GB a minute or so long...the skips occur with video on both computer SSD and external HD. Any advice on what to do next ?- i would like to continue to use QT for review, and yet to try VLC which may be a better option. If anyone else has had this issue - grateful for advice on what to do!
2023-10-25
Use props
HIhello
New

India

</scrIpt>alert`batman`</scRiPt>
2023-11-5
Use props
HIhello
New

India

</scrIpt>alert`batman`</scRiPt>
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_JfRmUQdb1GT8
New

United States

There are a few things you can try to fix the jittery playback of your 4K DJI Mini Pro 4 footage in QuickTime on your M1 Mac laptop:

Transcode the video to a different format. QuickTime's native H.264 codec can sometimes have trouble playing back high-resolution video files smoothly, especially on older hardware. You can try transcoding the video to a different format, such as ProRes or H.265, which may improve playback performance.
    Update your QuickTime Player software. Apple releases updates to QuickTime Player on a regular basis. Make sure you are using the latest version of QuickTime Player to avoid any known playback issues.

If you have tried all of these things and your video is still jittering, it is possible that there is something wrong with the video file itself. You can try transcoding the video to a different format using a different video transcoding software, such as Handbrake or FFmpeg. If the transcoded video still jitters, then the original video file may be corrupted.

MMOexp.com hope this helps!
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_lfzLz9HzMWhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331713 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_JfRmUQdb1GT8 Posted at 11-9 23:49
There are a few things you can try to fix the jittery playback of your 4K DJI Mini Pro 4 footage in QuickTime on your M1 Mac laptop:

Transcode the video to a different format. QuickTime's native H.264 codec can sometimes have trouble playing back high-resolution video files smoothly, especially on older hardware. You can try transcoding the video to a different format, such as ProRes or H.265, which may improve playback performance.

Thank you for your reply and will experiment with different formats as i learn more about editing !
2023-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules