Android 15 beta 1
1300 17 4-11 21:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463340 ft
Bulgaria

Android 15 beta 1 is out and DJI fly is DEAD as usual, nothing new, the same every year. 152 apps working, only DJI fly crashes like a boss
4-11 21:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's deliberate so that a beta OS cannot cause issues with a flight.
4-12 01:40
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 4-12 01:40
It's deliberate so that a beta OS cannot cause issues with a flight.

I can tell you the reality behind this, but DJI rep want like it. I've seen it already with another Chinese manufacturer
4-12 12:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly app may not be compatible with any Beta system version as we cannot guarantee the stability of the said version when using the DJI Fly app, and also for flight safety. We suggest using a recommended mobile device and system version to avoid any issues. We appreciate your understanding.
4-12 21:41
Use props
Maxters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266335 ft
United States

That does not sound good.  I'm hoping for when I can fly but not "go get a different device".  It's not safe to be switching devices to temporarily fly until DJI fixes their issues.  -grounded.  I'd rather know when DJI will catch up, fixing the problem.  As others have stated, other developers have kept up with OS Development in iOS and Android.
4-20 13:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Maxters Posted at 4-20 13:07
That does not sound good.  I'm hoping for when I can fly but not "go get a different device".  It's not safe to be switching devices to temporarily fly until DJI fixes their issues.  -grounded.  I'd rather know when DJI will catch up, fixing the problem.  As others have stated, other developers have kept up with OS Development in iOS and Android.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will continue submitting your feedback to the related team for awareness. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
4-20 22:15
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Maxters Posted at 4-20 13:07

Forget it. DJI fly will be compatible end of September, beginning of October, although after release candidate is out OS is fully stable and functional around june-july
4-20 22:42
Use props
Maxters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266335 ft
United States

Crazy, paid a ton for my pixel to replace a Samsung A05 that wasn't compatible.  Now this is not.
4-21 12:07
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Maxters Posted at 4-21 12:07
Crazy, paid a ton for my pixel to replace a Samsung A05 that wasn't compatible.  Now this is not.

Either change the drone brand in the future or buy a cheap chineese phone only as drone display. I'd rather switch the drone brand, than the PIxel
4-21 19:49
Use props
ximen
New
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-12 21:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly app may not be compatible with any Beta system version as we cannot guarantee the stability of the said version when using the DJI Fly app, and also for flight safety. We suggest using a recommended mobile device and system version to avoid any issues. We appreciate your understanding.

Hi,
I have been using with all pixel android 14 betas with no issues (moved from a14 qpr 3 beta 2.1 that works perfect to a15).
Also have a ton of apps and all of them work flawlessly with a15. It is just DJI Fly app....
Definitely is on dji side
4-24 02:43
Use props
djiuser_goGIwErxZL00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284508 ft
Spain

ximen Posted at 4-24 02:43
Hi,
I have been using with all pixel android 14 betas with no issues (moved from a14 qpr 3 beta 2.1 that works perfect to a15).
Also have a ton of apps and all of them work flawlessly with a15. It is just DJI Fly app....

Same here, recently updated to a15 , all apps works fine except DJI fly, so I can't fly until a new app update .....
4-24 05:50
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ximen Posted at 4-24 02:43
Hi,

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This issue is caused by the incompatibility of the app. Kindly use an existing compatible Android system version to avoid this issue. Rest assured that we will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.
4-25 20:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_goGIwErxZL00 Posted at 4-24 05:50
Same here, recently updated to a15 , all apps works fine except DJI fly, so I can't fly until a new app update .....

Hi there. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly use an existing compatible Android system to use the app without any issues. Rest assured that we are doing our best to comply with every update of the Android system. I appreciate your understanding.
4-25 20:49
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32477 ft

France

I am curious. What kind of company hires developers and user experience teams that make an app crashes every year without any user feedback (popup, warning message,...)

This is really concerning...
5-1 03:36
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Why do people complain when the BETA causes problems? It ain't DJI, it's  a BETA!!!
5-1 03:45
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-1 03:45
Why do people complain when the BETA causes problems? It ain't DJI, it's  a BETA!!!

Cause only DJI app is making problems and it should be compatible till now, developer 's preview ismout since January, now is the Betta for users to test it, till now all apps should be compatible and they are, except DJI FLY
5-1 11:24
Use props
darkaegis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16634 ft
United States

Just dropping in in hopes that DJI takes notice as more people show up. I've got around 300 apps on my phone and DJI is the only one that doesn't work. I know it's critical that the new beta doesn't mess anything up, but the primary systems - GPS and others - shouldn't be changed enough to cause any sort of critical failure.

Currently stuck using my wife's phone to fly my newly-purchased DJI FPV because I accidentally forgot to back out of the beta program after the Android 14 Public Release Candidate. Don't want to have to wipe and go back for something that should, by all means, work on the new version, so I hope we see a quick fix.
5-10 08:46
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

darkaegis Posted at 5-10 08:46
Just dropping in in hopes that DJI takes notice as more people show up. I've got around 300 apps on my phone and DJI is the only one that doesn't work. I know it's critical that the new beta doesn't mess anything up, but the primary systems - GPS and others - shouldn't be changed enough to cause any sort of critical failure.

Currently stuck using my wife's phone to fly my newly-purchased DJI FPV because I accidentally forgot to back out of the beta program after the Android 14 Public Release Candidate. Don't want to have to wipe and go back for something that should, by all means, work on the new version, so I hope we see a quick fix.

You won't see a fix... It happens every year the same... Next time consider different drone manufacturer
5-11 01:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules