Seaside sunrise - Blackpool, Central Pier
836 23 4-13 00:45
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2747100 ft
United Kingdom

The Central Pier at Blackpool, captured on the Grey Arrows Easter Drone Meet-Up!

Lots of wind meant the AVATA was sometimes struggling to fly level, but the usable footage isn't too shabby... Another video of the North Pier to follow...

All flying was in accordance with the CA Drone code and staying outside of Squire's Gate FRZ.

4-13 00:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely work.  
4-13 03:29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Splendid views of the pier - and not too much opposition from the gulls
4-13 03:47
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you kindly...
4-13 04:51
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-13 03:47
Splendid views of the pier - and not too much opposition from the gulls

Thanks... there were one or two close calls that morning, but it was just after dawn, so I don't think they were fully awake and narked yet...
4-13 04:52
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 4-13 04:52
Thanks... there were one or two close calls that morning, but it was just after dawn, so I don't think they were fully awake and narked yet...

Did you venture down onto the sand, or is it too dangerous down there to walk about?
4-13 04:54
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-13 04:54
Did you venture down onto the sand, or is it too dangerous down there to walk about?

Didnt have time that day, the sand is usually ok for walking on...
4-13 05:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Magnificent coastal footage.  Lots to do on that pier.  
4-13 05:30
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

again: Good place for the Avata. Nice with the sun through the tower. WHere's the FRZ?
4-13 06:20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-13 06:20
again: Good place for the Avata. Nice with the sun through the tower. WHere's the FRZ?

Thanks.... FRZ about 200m down the beach, so plenty of room....
4-13 07:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
4-13 23:39
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice footage!
4-16 09:49
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you kindly...
4-16 10:25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
4-17 00:18
Use props
djiuser_BNRB4MpXBk3Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262093 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-17 00:18
You're welcome!

Lovely footage and well edited video of my home town! The murmuration of starlings is an incredible site at dusk. It is estimated that half a million individual birds make up this incredible show of nature. Many roost under North and Central piers so maybe not something to catch on the drone. The sand under Central Pier in particular can be very dangerous, as a teen I was dragged into the quicksand though it's nowhere as dangerous as Morecambe Bay. I recently did my first night video of the Tower and Promenade. Plenty of settings to go at catching bright lights in low light situations.
4-19 06:03
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_BNRB4MpXBk3Z Posted at 4-19 06:03
Lovely footage and well edited video of my home town! The murmuration of starlings is an incredible site at dusk. It is estimated that half a million individual birds make up this incredible show of nature. Many roost under North and Central piers so maybe not something to catch on the drone. The sand under Central Pier in particular can be very dangerous, as a teen I was dragged into the quicksand though it's nowhere as dangerous as Morecambe Bay. I recently did my first night video of the Tower and Promenade. Plenty of settings to go at catching bright lights in low light situations.

That sounds cool!
4-19 09:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5318694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great sea and sand video.
4-23 03:54
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-23 03:54
Great sea and sand video.

Thank you kindly...
4-23 04:15
Use props
Howard Sercombe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48133 ft

United Kingdom

Impressive! I'm a novice to video, & drones. You have provided ideas. Thanks. Howard. howard.sercombe@gmail.com
howardsercombe.uk

5-2 21:47
Use props
VTOHorizontally
New

United States

Beautiful. Is the staging on the pier a permanent fixture?  I don't know if you have them over there, but in the US we have traveling carnivals that go from town to town and set up temporarily in shopping mall carparks, various municipal properties and in some cases even ocean-side piers…  The classic rides never change. Literally, because all the equipment was from the 1940s. One of them was a small-scale ferris wheel, so at first I thought that’s what I was lookimg at. I was guessing North Carolina, but…
5-3 03:20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Howard Sercombe Posted at 5-2 21:47
Impressive! I'm a novice to video, & drones. You have provided ideas. Thanks. Howard. howard.sercombe@gmail.com
howardsercombe.uk

Thanks Howard, I have always done photography, but the drone is so dynamic that is works far too well in video, hence I have pretty much shifted all my photography to video since I got my first drone 20 months ago... The key is smoothness, and having an idea of the shots you want...
5-3 08:12
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

VTOHorizontally Posted at 5-3 03:20
Beautiful. Is the staging on the pier a permanent fixture?  I don't know if you have them over there, but in the US we have traveling carnivals that go from town to town and set up temporarily in shopping mall carparks, various municipal properties and in some cases even ocean-side piers…  The classic rides never change. Literally, because all the equipment was from the 1940s. One of them was a small-scale ferris wheel, so at first I thought that’s what I was lookimg at. I was guessing North Carolina, but…

Thanks... we do have travelling 'Fun Fairs' - I am videoing one on Monday actually - but the rides on the pier are permanently there...
5-3 08:13
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667697 ft
South Korea

wow, amazing
5-10 19:43
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer