1135 12 4-20 04:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello All. New to FPV and had my first flight with the NEW Avata 2 another addiction!. Wondering how to get it into Manual mode? (I know practice on sim first LOL ) I only have the RC Motion 3 but thinking getttng the RC. All you tubes they are using the controller 3 to get into M Mode.

Thanks

4-20 04:36
Use props
JeremyB31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364560 ft
United States

They say manual mode can only be enabled with the FPV controller 3.  There is a video on manual mode https://www.dji.com/avata-2/video
4-20 05:51
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JeremyB31 Posted at 4-20 05:51
They say manual mode can only be enabled with the FPV controller 3.  There is a video on manual mode https://www.dji.com/avata-2/video

Coincidence I just read another forum Would have been nice to know that prior. Thanks

With motion controller you cannot active the manual mode, manual mode only can be use when you are using Remote Control 3.

Just spoke to DJI Tech support and they'll send feedback to Engineering hopfully for an update. Feeling I get is manual mode flying needs more precise movement. I'll prob be forced to spend $200 more.
4-20 05:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Before the first flight of DJI Avata 2 in Manual mode, perform the following operations:

1. Power on DJI Avata 2, DJI Goggles 3, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 3, and complete linking.
2. In the goggles view, go to Settings > Control > Remote Controller and set Custom Mode to Manual Mode.
3. Open the protection cover behind the throttle stick and adjust the screw until the throttle stick does not re-center automatically for more accurate control and a better flight experience.
4. Switch to the Manual mode for your flight.

Pay attention to the following items:

1. The Manual mode is a fully manual control mode. Compared with the Normal mode and Sport mode, this mode presents greater control complexity. In Manual mode, the drone does not hover automatically. Please practice thoroughly on the simulator before operating your drone in Manual mode.
2. While operating the drone, it is advisable to avoid performing sideways maneuvers or U-turns at high speeds, such as sharp lateral drifts or rapid turns on windy days. If the flight altitude exceeds 5 m, in the case of a drone attitude anomaly, DJI Avata 2 will trigger an emergency brake.
3. When using Manual mode for the first time, the maximum attitude of the aircraft will be limited. After you are familiar with flying in Manual mode, the attitude restriction can be disabled in the goggles: Go to Settings > Control > Remote Controller > Gain & Expo > M Mode Attitude Limit.
4-20 22:08
Use props
mkheng.kurnia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10251168 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might be a daft question but are the speeds in full manual and attitude restricted manual both the same?
5-3 09:44
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This YT video shows the reality of using manual mode for the first time with little sim practice.
5-3 10:03
Use props
djiuser_t7F74EZIqY28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112641 ft
United States

A J Posted at 5-3 10:03
This YT video shows the reality of using manual mode for the first time with little sim practice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrjG-ZH6FI

Hey thanks for sharing my video! ☺️ I May have had very little sim practice but I took the leap and I did what people who I know do the sim, but never leap to real life! Now I'm flying without crashing and soon I'll be confident to try more flips. I'm proud of myself for giving it a shot and I hope others will make the leap too, because once you start getting it, you don't want to fly any other way! Thank you again! JJDrones
5-5 19:37
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_t7F74EZIqY28 Posted at 5-5 19:37
Hey thanks for sharing my video! ☺️ I May have had very little sim practice but I took the leap and I did what people who I know do the sim, but never leap to real life! Now I'm flying without crashing and soon I'll be confident to try more flips. I'm proud of myself for giving it a shot and I hope others will make the leap too, because once you start getting it, you don't want to fly any other way! Thank you again! JJDrones

Nothing wrong with taking the leap - I've used your video as an example of what flying in manual is actually like in real life to someone who is thinking of doing it. So many youtubers fly around in manual and make it look so easy and awesome as they've done it for years with countless hours of practice that people often think they can replicate it after a few flights only to be very disappointed or worse, lose their drone.
Your crashing the drone 8 times in two flights when flying in manual for the first time brings a reality check for others to see and hopefully learn from. Not to dissuade manual flying but to highlight the need of preparation or, as in your case, just get on with it and take your chances but being aware of what may happen.
Glad you are not crashing anymore and getting the hang of it.
Silver Fox...
5-6 01:20
Use props
djiuser_t7F74EZIqY28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112641 ft
United States

A J Posted at 5-6 01:20
Nothing wrong with taking the leap - I've used your video as an example of what flying in manual is actually like in real life to someone who is thinking of doing it. So many youtubers fly around in manual and make it look so easy and awesome as they've done it for years with countless hours of practice that people often think they can replicate it after a few flights only to be very disappointed or worse, lose their drone.
Your crashing the drone 8 times in two flights when flying in manual for the first time brings a reality check for others to see and hopefully learn from. Not to dissuade manual flying but to highlight the need of preparation or, as in your case, just get on with it and take your chances but being aware of what may happen.

Thank you very much my friend and as always very well said!
5-6 07:50
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_t7F74EZIqY28 Posted at 5-6 07:50
Thank you very much my friend and as always very well said!

And thank you JJ. Keep up the great content - we are all learning in our own way mate!
5-6 08:11
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-6 01:20
Nothing wrong with taking the leap - I've used your video as an example of what flying in manual is actually like in real life to someone who is thinking of doing it. So many youtubers fly around in manual and make it look so easy and awesome as they've done it for years with countless hours of practice that people often think they can replicate it after a few flights only to be very disappointed or worse, lose their drone.
Your crashing the drone 8 times in two flights when flying in manual for the first time brings a reality check for others to see and hopefully learn from. Not to dissuade manual flying but to highlight the need of preparation or, as in your case, just get on with it and take your chances but being aware of what may happen.

So far I am enjoying FPV immensely. Getting more confident in Manual mode. Still some ground to cover.(See what I did there? LOL)  Not sure if thee is a definite answer for this question. What is the difference in angle when diving in Sport mode vs. diving in Full unrestricted Manual mode? Cause Sport mode diving isn't bad. Occasionally I see the front of the craft in the shots when full fwd diving.  
5-12 04:33
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AvroTrain Posted at 5-12 04:33
So far I am enjoying FPV immensely. Getting more confident in Manual mode. Still some ground to cover.(See what I did there? LOL)  Not sure if thee is a definite answer for this question. What is the difference in angle when diving in Sport mode vs. diving in Full unrestricted Manual mode? Cause Sport mode diving isn't bad. Occasionally I see the front of the craft in the shots when full fwd diving.

Not sure of precise degree angles but in full manual there is no restriction at all as you can do 360 degree flips and spins. I would say sport is restricted at best to -80 degrees. Further more sport mode is restricted to around 35.8mph whereas full manual can exceed 60mph so the dive will be much faster and the pitch curve coming back up in altitude will be more fluid (subject to not crashing as 400' to zero feet at 60mph gives you a window of 4.5 seconds)
5-12 04:56
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

AvroTrain Posted at 5-12 04:33
What is the difference in angle when diving in Sport mode vs. diving in Full unrestricted Manual mode? Cause Sport mode diving isn't bad. Occasionally I see the front of the craft in the shots when full fwd diving.

In manual mode you can literally point the props directly at the ground if you wanted to (not that you would). Ideally you'd dive at about 110-120 degrees and could smoothly go into a free fall even without any throttle. With sport mode you're limited to 9m/s descent speed (and that's when you either point the RCM3 straight down towards the circled down arrow, or just hold throttle stick all the way down on FPVRC3) and Avata is really shaky when it goes down.
5-12 05:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules