Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charlinho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619094 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey !
Can't seem to find any thread on this subject, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in this case. I bought the DJI FPV controller 2 recently, hoping I could learn FPV before the new Avata came out, which I purchased on release day. Unfortunately, I found out that the FPV controller 2 is not compatible with the Avata 2 and that the FPV controller 3 is out of stock everywhere. Curious to know how others are flying manual if the controller is not included with the drone and out of stock everywhere in the US.
Thanks
4-21 03:20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. When DJI Avata 2 is used together with DJI FPV Remote Controller 3,  the Manual mode is supported.
If the product is out of stock now, you are advised to click Notify Me on the product page, we will send you an email once it is restocked.
Thank you for your support.
4-21 03:43
Use props
Charlinho
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-21 03:43
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. When DJI Avata 2 is used together with DJI FPV Remote Controller 3,  the Manual mode is supported.
If the product is out of stock now, you are advised to click Notify Me on the product page, we will send you an email once it is restocked.
Thank you for your support.

Why would the DJI FPV remote 2 not work with the new Avata ? I don't want to have to buy a new controller that was not included in the kit.
4-21 03:51
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Charlinho Posted at 4-21 03:51
Why would the DJI FPV remote 2 not work with the new Avata ? I don't want to have to buy a new controller that was not included in the kit.

As you can see in the quick start guide, there's already mention of Goggles 2/Integra and Motion RC Motion 2, so I think it's safe to assume support for those will be available soon along with FPV RC2.
4-21 06:21
Use props
Charlinho
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 4-21 06:21
[view_image]

As you can see in the quick start guide, there's already mention of Goggles 2/Integra and Motion RC Motion 2, so I think it's safe to assume support for those will be available soon along with FPV RC2.

I'm surprised it's not yet available, both remotes are similar except for the antennas
4-21 06:27
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Charlinho Posted at 4-21 06:27
I'm surprised it's not yet available, both remotes are similar except for the antennas

A DJI representative explained in another thread how it's a different protocol, and you can even see in the quick start guide that the new radio is linked to goggles while the old one is linked to aircraft.
Btw the new one also fixes my only complaint with FPV RC2 which was not supporting USB PD, it does now
4-21 06:34
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Charlinho Posted at 4-21 03:51

We appreciate your interest. DJI Avata 2 currently does not support these accessories( DJI Goggles Integra, Goggles 2, RC Motion 2, and FPV Remote Controller 2 ), but our engineering team is actively working to adapt and test various functions. We will release a new firmware update to support these accessories once the image transmission quality and flight performance meet our standards. Please stay tuned.
4-21 18:28
Use props
gotUirighti
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-21 18:28
We appreciate your interest. DJI Avata 2 currently does not support these accessories( DJI Goggles Integra, Goggles 2, RC Motion 2, and FPV Remote Controller 2 ), but our engineering team is actively working to adapt and test various functions. We will release a new firmware update to support these accessories once the image transmission quality and flight performance meet our standards. Please stay tuned.

Any news on compatibility for avata2 and goggles2 anf fpv2 controller
5-2 21:39
Use props
MNyoda
New

United States

gotUirighti Posted at 5-2 21:39
Any news on compatibility for avata2 and goggles2 anf fpv2 controller

Bump…. I too am waiting
5-3 03:55
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

gotUirighti Posted at 5-2 21:39
Any news on compatibility for avata2 and goggles2 anf fpv2 controller

Hi, there. We currently do not have information about the compatibility, too.
Please stay tuned to our official website for updates.
Thank you.
5-3 04:52
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

FPV Controller 2 compatibility with Avata 2 coming soon. However, you could have bought the FPV Controller 3 for 149$
5-3 05:28
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Fozando Posted at 5-3 05:28
FPV Controller 2 compatibility with Avata 2 coming soon. However, you could have bought the FPV Controller 3 for 149$

FPV Controller 3 is $199 USD.  FPV Controller 2 is $199 also on DJI's web site, but $149 USD on Amazon.

I think price is the main reason it's not compatible right now. DJI wants to sell the more expensive FPV v3 controller.   But I heard beta testers and people with connections to DJI say that compatibility is coming later.
5-3 16:29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Duck Posted at 5-3 16:29
FPV Controller 3 is $199 USD.  FPV Controller 2 is $199 also on DJI's web site, but $149 USD on Amazon.

I think price is the main reason it's not compatible right now. DJI wants to sell the more expensive FPV v3 controller.   But I heard beta testers and people with connections to DJI say that compatibility is coming later.

I'd like to have a word with your "people with connections" who tell you compatibility between drones and accessories have anything remotely to do with "price."  
5-3 17:53
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

The Duck Posted at 5-3 16:29
FPV Controller 3 is $199 USD.  FPV Controller 2 is $199 also on DJI's web site, but $149 USD on Amazon.

I bought the FPV Controller 3 for 149€ on the DJI Official Store
5-3 22:27
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-3 17:53
I'd like to have a word with your "people with connections" who tell you compatibility between drones and accessories have anything remotely to do with "price."

Just Youtube people who say they have connections.  So you have to trust them right?  Because it's on the Internet.  lol.  However, one of them is probably the most respected FPV Youtuber there is.  But even he hedges on future DJI compatibility.

The price thing, well that's just my guess.  Why would DJI want a $150 FPV controller work with their latest drone when they can sell a $200 controller?  I would have bought the $150 controller if it worked, but since it didn't, I had to buy the $200 v3 FPV controller.    Maybe after the FPV v2 controller sells out they'll make it compatible with the Avata 2.
5-4 06:16
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Fozando Posted at 5-3 22:27
I bought the FPV Controller 3 for 149€ on the DJI Official Store

Nice.   That's about 161 USD.  Less expensive than here in the U.S.

5-4 06:22
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

The Duck Posted at 5-4 06:22
Nice.   That's about 161 USD.  Less expensive than here in the U.S.

For once EU gets something cheaper, usually we pay much more than you guys
5-4 11:22
Use props
EG52
lvl.1

United States

Main reason I want the controller 2 to become compatible is because I fly inverted and had to open it up and flip the magnets! it took me a week to figure out and to get it working since DJI REFUSES to come out with a software update to allow a controller mode for inverted yaw and pitch controls... So If I have to buy the new controller I will have to open it up and do the same thing again!! Plus it seems like there's no difference between the two controllers other than antenna location... But I may be wrong.. If you guys come out with an update to allow inverted controls I would not mind buying the new controller!!
5-5 21:31
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

EG52 Posted at 5-5 21:31
Main reason I want the controller 2 to become compatible is because I fly inverted and had to open it up and flip the magnets! it took me a week to figure out and to get it working since DJI REFUSES to come out with a software update to allow a controller mode for inverted yaw and pitch controls... So If I have to buy the new controller I will have to open it up and do the same thing again!! Plus it seems like there's no difference between the two controllers other than antenna location... But I may be wrong.. If you guys come out with an update to allow inverted controls I would not mind buying the new controller!!

It's not just antenna placement, it's a different antenna and much lower output power since the new controller only link to Goggles 3 and goggles then relay the RC signals. So if you have Avata 2 and Goggles 3, you will probably not be able to use older RCs unless you also have older goggles (2/Integra).
5-6 01:46
Use props
djiuser_Mb3lpcvQlYvw
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-21 18:28
Hello, I know you probably don’t have this answer, but do you have an estimated timeframe on when this might become available? I’ve had the controller 2 and the goggles 2 since the first FPV drone came out, and I’ve been waiting for another drone that has compatible with it and it’s very disappointing that DJI will not allow users to use their controller, I guess that is understandable if the transmission quality is not up to par, but at least give us the option to, it’s not fair for people to have to spend an extra $400 on something they cannot afford when they just want to have fun…. Kind of disappointing for company to do that, but I guess I understand the complications, nonetheless do you have a timeframe on when this might become available?
5-10 00:06
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

djiuser_Mb3lpcvQlYvw Posted at 5-10 00:06
Hello, I know you probably don’t have this answer, but do you have an estimated timeframe on when this might become available? I’ve had the controller 2 and the goggles 2 since the first FPV drone came out, and I’ve been waiting for another drone that has compatible with it and it’s very disappointing that DJI will not allow users to use their controller, I guess that is understandable if the transmission quality is not up to par, but at least give us the option to, it’s not fair for people to have to spend an extra $400 on something they cannot afford when they just want to have fun…. Kind of disappointing for company to do that, but I guess I understand the complications, nonetheless do you have a timeframe on when this might become available?

1) DJI doesn't usually give timeframes other than those little marketing teases like a week before new product launches.

2) You mean FPV Goggles V2? Because you couldn't have had Goggles 2 since the first FPV drone came out, since Goggles 2 came out with Avata 1. Goggles 2 will get support for Avata 2, but FPV Goggles V2 will not. You can get a good deal on used Avata 1 for them if that's what you have.
5-10 00:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules