Goggles 2 battery recharge in Windows USB computer port
217 7 4-21 15:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
layabout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150633 ft
United States

Hello: I sometimes have certain charging limitations  such that I want to charge my Goggles 2 battery in Windows10 computer,  via cable direct plug in to the USB 3.0 plug (using a C to USB adapter,  of course). Im thinking how various devices can be charged by plugging  into a computer, and if I even use the DJI consumer drone app, is it  do-able?  Can this pose a threat to the Goggles 2 battery, or to  computer components? Could it harm the computer battery, or the  motherboard? Or which components could it effect on the computer? Any  educated guesses?

Thanks for any knowledge-

4-21 15:48
Use props
vesh
lvl.3

Malaysia

goggles 2 battery can be charge to the computer using a USB-C to USB-A cable. please note that Goggles 2 does not support computer connection using a USB-C to USB-C cable. Additionally,  DJI Goggles 2 only supports standard USB-C cables and MFI-certified Lightning cables. If your laptop is equipped with a USB-C port, it is recommended to use an OTG cable to connect the goggles. As on the user manual, I believe it won't harm your computer components or batteries.
4-21 22:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
4-21 23:29
Use props
djiuser_eE3HMEXOgxoG
New

Iceland

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-21 23:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
I bought Dji goggles 2 and dji remote controller 2 but I don't have a charger. Can I charge devices with the original old Dji Mavic Air charger over USB ports?
MODEL: P1C50 / Input:100-240V~1.8A 50-60Hz / OUTPUT: 13.20V 3.79A (Main); 5.0V=2.0A Total (USB) / Total Output Power: 50W Max

Or I have to buy a new charger? If so... please info which model?

Thx! ;⁠)
4-22 12:20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. Yes, the computer can charge the goggles 2 battery and it will not harm either the battery or the computer. You can test it manually. Hope this helps.
4-24 20:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_eE3HMEXOgxoG Posted at 4-22 12:20
I bought Dji goggles 2 and dji remote controller 2 but I don't have a charger. Can I charge devices with the original old Dji Mavic Air charger over USB ports?
MODEL: P1C50 / Input:100-240V~1.8A 50-60Hz / OUTPUT: 13.20V 3.79A (Main); 5.0V=2.0A Total (USB) / Total Output Power: 50W Max

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to use a USB Power Delivery charger to charge the Goggles 2 battery if the power level is too low. Also, the max charging power of the Goggles 2 is 12.6 W (5 V/2 A, 9 V/1.4 A). Hope this helps.
4-24 20:42
Use props
layabout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150633 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-24 20:36
Thank you for patiently waiting. Yes, the computer can charge the goggles 2 battery and it will not harm either the battery or the computer. You can test it manually. Hope this helps.

It destroyed my old Windows computer. Data recovery was incomplete, and cost $85.
5-7 21:07
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

layabout Posted at 5-7 21:07
It destroyed my old Windows computer. Data recovery was incomplete, and cost $85.

Hi there. My apologies for the issue. Please note that we cannot verify if the main reason for the issue on your computer is about charging the Goggles as we have tested it and the goggles can be charged on the computer. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
5-11 03:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules