428 23 4-23 00:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arri_fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88248 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi pilots , im still new to this forum, just wondering if there is any ETA time from DJI reps about 03 support as i have couple of them that id love to try out with the new system goggles 3
Thanks alot.
4-23 00:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Arri_fpv. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we don't have information about this yet but we will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
4-23 00:41
Use props
Arri_fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88248 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-23 00:41
Hi, Arri_fpv. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we don't have information about this yet but we will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you Gamora
4-23 01:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

O3 support is going to be interesting as the new Remote Controller and Motion controller talk to the goggles via bluetooth and no longer include a radio like the previous version,  the goggles now relay all the signals.  
4-23 03:26
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 03:26
O3 support is going to be interesting as the new Remote Controller and Motion controller talk to the goggles via bluetooth and no longer include a radio like the previous version,  the goggles now relay all the signals.

Really? Never heard that before.
4-23 05:55
Use props
Evoq
lvl.1

United States

If this happens id sell my old goggles 2 and buy 3gen just to get all the cool stuff
4-23 06:31
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 03:26

It's definitely not bluetooth
4-23 06:36
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Depp Posted at 4-23 05:55

Not Bluetooth, but yeah, FPVRC3 and RCM3 pair to Goggles 3 instead of the aircraft, it's even shown in the manual:

It was also confirmed by a DJI rep here in the forums.

That's why the FPVRC3 doesn't need a big antenna and why RCM3 will not lose signal when you're high up and point the drone down. It also lets you have multiple controller paired and switch between them simply by turning one off and the other on. Big QoL update <3
4-23 06:39
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

fichek Posted at 4-23 06:39
Not Bluetooth, but yeah, FPVRC3 and RCM3 pair to Goggles 3 instead of the aircraft, it's even shown in the manual:

[view_image]

Interesting. Hope that doesn't effect the O4 once it comes out when people want to use ExpressLRS as their control link...
4-23 07:43
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Depp Posted at 4-23 07:43
Interesting. Hope that doesn't effect the O4 once it comes out when people want to use ExpressLRS as their control link...
It’s your FC that needs to accept RC inputs anyway, either from AU or another RX, so I don’t see how DJI could prevent you from using ELRS or others even if they wanted to
4-23 08:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-23 06:36

Watch the Mads Tech tear down,  he confirms its bluetooth between the controller and the goggles.  
4-23 22:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-23 06:36

Jump to 25 minutes in this video

4-23 22:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-23 05:55

Yep,  Mads Tech tore down the controller and the drone and looked at the various chip sets.     Ive linked the video above.
4-23 22:41
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 22:41
Yep,  Mads Tech tore down the controller and the drone and looked at the various chip sets.     Ive linked the video above.

Yes, watched it this morning...
4-24 02:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-24 02:56
Yes, watched it this morning...

Im really hoping they do make this O3 compatible as half the point of getting this was to be able to add some self builds or bind and flys to the fleet at some point.  
4-24 02:59
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 02:59
Im really hoping they do make this O3 compatible as half the point of getting this was to be able to add some self builds or bind and flys to the fleet at some point.

VERY sure they will. But also pretty sure there'll be an O4 in the next half year.
4-24 03:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-24 03:04
VERY sure they will. But also pretty sure there'll be an O4 in the next half year.

Either would be fine for me,    that timing would be perfect in fact.  
4-24 03:08
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 03:08
Either would be fine for me,    that timing would be perfect in fact.

Yes. I'm waiting for it so I might build my second one...
4-24 03:14
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

I wonder how much latency is added with the Goggles 3 relaying the RC.  I'm going to stick with Crossfire on my O3 "LR" quads.  I hope the Goggles 3 also supports the OG Air Unit and Air Unit Lite/Vista/Link like the Googles 2 and Integra.
4-24 06:34
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 22:36
Watch the Mads Tech tear down,  he confirms its bluetooth between the controller and the goggles.

All he confirms is they use a Bluetooth chip from Nordic Semiconductor. That's like saying the older FPV stuff (from OG FPV Air Unit to FPV RC 2) was all WiFi because it used a wifi chip from Texas Instruments or whoever it was that produced it.

Compare FCC filings for FPV RC 3:

To one for Goggles 3 that actually uses Bluetooth, which you can see is marked with a Bluetooth icon (just like WiFi is marked with WiFi icon):

I also don't see anything on my Bluetooth packet logger that seems to be coming from the FPVRC3. Tbh I am in a very noisy environment atm so can't say for certainty I'm not missing it, but FCC data suggests it's not actually Bluetooth just like the old one wasn't actually wifi.
4-24 08:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're most welcome, Arri_fpv. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
4-25 05:47
Use props
Clint Koehler
lvl.1

United States

Please delete.
5-8 05:23
Use props
Dante Vicenzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2541473 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

fichek Posted at 4-23 06:39

[view_image]

Avata 2 is linking with goggles 2?
5-8 07:09
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Dante Vicenzo Posted at 5-8 07:09
Avata 2 is linking with goggles 2?

Not yet, the Quick Start Guide was a bit ahead of its time on launch day

But yeah, support is coming for Goggles 2/Integra with RCM2/FPVRC2.
5-8 07:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules