A7siii control broken after new camera firmware update.
263 10 4-27 10:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shayshayart.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2870725 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've just connected my RS3 Pro (USB) to Sony A7siii with the NEW firmware update  and  I cannot control camera with wheel any more.  The record button  works, but dial does not work correctly at all. I cannot use dial to control  shutter speed or ISO at all, it just glitches out. I can use dial for  aperture, but it barely works.

4-27 10:27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please try to downgrade the firmware to see if the issue still exists? Please also check the Dial Functions settings. If the issue still exists, please provide us with a video for further confirmation.
4-27 23:25
Use props
shayshayart.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 23:25
Hi there, could you please try to downgrade and upgrade the firmware to see if the issue still exists? Please also check the Dial Functions settings. If the issue still exists, please provide us with a video for further confirmation.

Thank you. It is not possible to downgrade camera firmware. It's A7siii ILCE-7SM3 with firmware version 3.0. Ronin RS3 Pro Firmware 01.04.00.00 App 1.70(1070041)
ISO dial is not usable, glitchy and ISO changes on it's own without touching the dial.
Shutter speed dial does not work at all, not possible to set shutter speed.
Aperture dial does work although not smoothly and has occasional glitches.
Record button works perfect and reliable.
Video link:

4-28 08:30
Use props
shayshayart.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

shayshayart.com Posted at 4-28 08:30
Thank you. It is not possible to downgrade camera firmware. It's A7siii ILCE-7SM3 with firmware version 3.0. Ronin RS3 Pro Firmware 01.04.00.00 App 1.70(1070041)
ISO dial is not usable, glitchy and ISO changes on it's own without touching the dial.

Also one additional note. I also have an RSC-2 and it also no longer works with the new Sony update, same behavior. So DJI obviously needs to update the  products to keep up with the newer camera updates.  The A7siii is an amazing camera and the Ronin needs to work with it as it is top of the line.
4-28 10:59
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

shayshayart.com Posted at 4-28 08:30
ISO dial is not usable, glitchy and ISO changes on it's own without touching the dial.

Thanks for the detailed information provided. We will forward this issue to our engineer for further checking. We will get back to you as soon as we receive an update.
4-28 19:02
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

shayshayart.com Posted at 4-28 10:59
Also one additional note. I also have an RSC-2 and it also no longer works with the new Sony update, same behavior. So DJI obviously needs to update the  products to keep up with the newer camera updates.  The A7siii is an amazing camera and the Ronin needs to work with it as it is top of the line.

We received a reply from the engineer saying that it may be due to changes in the relevant control protocol in the camera firmware upgrade, which makes it uncontrollable. Our engineer is currently trying the best to locate the cause of the anomaly. Please use the buttons/knobs on the camera body to set the camera parameters.
4-30 05:05
Use props
karlh
New

United States

Is there a way to follow the status for a fix on this? I upgraded Sony firmware and am frustrated to lose such a big feature on the RS3 Pro!
5-7 15:57
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050335 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yea same issue here, this is a widespread problem, the A7s III is one of Sony's most popular cameras.
@Dji Mindi I hope your engineers can find a solution, or work with Sony, its a huge problem that we can't control the camera anymore with your gimbals !
5-8 11:10
Use props
C_Sousa
lvl.1

Portugal

Hi.

I'm also having this issue with a RS3 Gimbal. Is there any update on a fix for this? Would really aprecciate an answer DJI.
5-10 08:43
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050335 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone tried gimbal control with the new Sony A7s III Firmware 3.01 ?
5-16 14:25
Use props
TheTurboDriver
New

Germany

Hi.
I have the DJI RS3 Pro and since 3 days the Sony A7SIII, there for i used the Sony A7III.
I have the same problem.
Firmware 3.00 i couldn´t control iso, aperture and shutter
Firmware 3.01 it´s only the shutter.
First i thought it´s all about the cables, so i changed from usb c to micro usb and back,  all the same.
My cam came with Firmware 2.11, if i had knew these problems, i wouldn´t have made the update.
yesterday 13:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules