DJI RS2 3D Focus not reading distance - Current: NA
109 3 4-30 15:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NielsP
lvl.1
United States

I had gotten the 3D Focus system years ago but didn't get a chance to put it into practice until recently. Unfortunately, the 3D Focus system does not seem to detect any objects.

I followed the calibration steps:
- motor calibration: works fine and detects the hard points on the lens
- set lens focal length: no problem
- focus target at 1m: the focus motor works and I can focus the object but the readout from the 3d focus is always: Current: NA.

I tried this 3 - 4 times and also tried a person at different distances but the readout never changes.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks.

Ps: Firmware for the RS2 and Focus motors was updated. I didn't see a possibility of updating the firmware of the 3d focus module.
4-30 15:28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which focus motor you are using with DJI RS3 and 3D focus system?
5-5 00:43
Use props
NielsP
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-5 00:43
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which focus motor you are using with DJI RS3 and 3D focus system?

Hi!

It's a DJI RS2 with a 2020 focus motor. The focus motor works fine and I can use it for manual focusing. As I said in my post above, the focus motor calibration also works fine and detects the hard stops on the lens. It's just that the 3d focus element itself does not detect any humans and never provides a distance measurement.
5-5 06:35
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

NielsP Posted at 5-5 06:35
Hi!

It's a DJI RS2 with a 2020 focus motor. The focus motor works fine and I can use it for manual focusing. As I said in my post above, the focus motor calibration also works fine and detects the hard stops on the lens. It's just that the 3d focus element itself does not detect any humans and never provides a distance measurement.

Thanks for your reply. You may refer to the DJI RS Focus Motor (2022).
Currently, DJI RS Focus Motors is not supported using with the DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) and DJI RS 3D Focus system. They are not compatible.
It will appear NA in focus distance as you said.
Please choose the DJI Ronin Focus Motor when you use the DJI RS 2 and DJI RS 3D focus system.   
5-6 00:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules