Dji Goggles 3 not charging
429 24 4-30 17:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PIBOAgdLsJ0d
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi everyone, I finally pulled the trigger on Dji avata 2
After being excited for it to arrive. It ended pretty quickly.

I've got my fair share of chargers around the house.
From 15w all the way up to 65w, and for some reason I can't charge the goggles, and I've tried all the chargers in the house and instead of it behaving like it should, it's always the same behavior.
I plug the cable, it starts blinking the first led rapidly and it just stays like that forever and ever.
And when unplug it it starts blinking very quickly for some seconds.

Is there anything I can do on my end? Like a reset or some sort?

With the goggles plugged in I was able to turn the goggles and do the first setup, but after it's done I can't active the goggles since I got no battery on them.

Ive recorded a short to better show what's happenning

https://youtu.be/pvH3GrYoQ2g?si=8VBu_gdQJVxQCHyQ

Best regards,
4-30 17:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daft thought,   but as youve tried different charges have you tried a different cable?  Maybe the supplied one.
5-1 00:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_PIBOAgdLsJ0d. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll keep you posted.
5-1 00:31
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 00:21
Daft thought,   but as youve tried different charges have you tried a different cable?  Maybe the supplied one.

Gotta be honest I'm pretty sure I've tried the supplied cable.
But in the middle of so many chargers and cable combination, It may have slipped through.
I'll be home in 1-2h try it and post feedback
5-1 00:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bullseyee Posted at 5-1 00:49
Gotta be honest I'm pretty sure I've tried the supplied cable.
But in the middle of so many chargers and cable combination, It may have slipped through.
I'll be home in 1-2h try it and post feedback

Mine will also charge with the supplied cable from the USB port on my laptop so that might be something else you can try.
5-1 01:00
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 01:00
Mine will also charge with the supplied cable from the USB port on my laptop so that might be something else you can try.

Yeah will definetely try.
Everything goes, because I really would like to sent it for repair after being opened 30m and not even experienced 1m of flying
5-1 01:15
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

I've just posted this in the reddit thread I created but I'll also add it here.

I just came home from the gym, gave another try at charging and despite yesterday going through all the chargers in the house and every single one showed the same behavior in the video.

Now for the love of Satan.
I first tried plugging in my xiaomi phone 27w charger and its now behaving like it's supposed to when charging, going through all the leds.

Then I tried the 65w Lenovo laptop charger just like yesterday for fast charging, and it's showing charging like it should.

I know I'm not insane because yesterday I went through 5 chargers and 8 different cables.

Since it's now charging I'll let it be for a while and see how it goes.
I'll post feedback In 1-2h to see if it actually did charged the battery
5-1 02:53
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

But there is something really odd going on i think
although its showing as charging, if i try to turn on, it acknowledges its charging, but battery shows 99%
I then tried to unplug the charger from the Goggles and it just shutdown.
will keep you posted
5-1 03:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bullseyee Posted at 5-1 03:27
But there is something really odd going on i think
although its showing as charging, if i try to turn on, it acknowledges its charging, but battery shows 99%
I then tried to unplug the charger from the Goggles and it just shutdown.

Hi, Bullseyee. Glad to know that it is now charging. Here's an update from the video that you have provided: The LED 4 light flashes three times, indicating that the battery temperature is too high. If the battery temperature is normal it can be confirmed as abnormal and needs to be sent back for detection and maintenance.

The 99% battery is normal and here's why: The flight battery power level is 100% when fully charged. The issue you report is because the battery level is rounded to the nearest 1%. When the DJI Avata Series starts and connects to the goggles, it uses a bit of battery. Even though the consumption is less than 1%, the battery indicator won't show 100% anymore but will read as 99% instead. Please rest assured.

Regarding your other concern, (I then tried to unplug the charger from the Goggles and it just shut down). Can you please provide more details? If you could provide a video that would be much appreciated.
5-1 07:02
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-1 07:02
Hi, Bullseyee. Glad to know that it is now charging. Here's an update from the video that you have provided: The LED 4 light flashes three times, indicating that the battery temperature is too high. If the battery temperature is normal it can be confirmed as abnormal and needs to be sent back for detection and maintenance.

The 99% battery is normal and here's why: The flight battery power level is 100% when fully charged. The issue you report is because the battery level is rounded to the nearest 1%. When the DJI Avata Series starts and connects to the goggles, it uses a bit of battery. Even though the consumption is less than 1%, the battery indicator won't show 100% anymore but will read as 99% instead. Please rest assured.
HI Gamora when I tried to check the battery temperature I tried to touch at the back of the enclosure where you twist to loose or tight the strap. And also tried to do the same on the opposite side and it was always cold. It wasnt hot, not even warm.

Regarding the last part, this is what I meant :
While the goggles are connected to the charger, even when it's like on the video I sent, I'm able to turn the goggles on.
But atm I'm stuck at the activation screen after going the first setup/tutorial.

When I'm with the goggles plugged in to the charger, and its showing the 99% and charging state in the goggles (behind the overlay of activation).
If I unplug the charging cable, the goggles will turn off immediately.
5-1 07:34
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

I'm finally back at home.
When I arrived the goggles wasn't showing any led on which led me to believe it was fully charged.
After unplugging the charger and pressing the On/Off button it only shown a single led blinking.

Then I tried to turning it on. No luck
Plugged the charger cable. Tried to turn on. Went OK like the other times.
Then I tried to unplug the cable to see if the goggles would shut down. But they didn't.

After this without any cable plugged I tried to turn the device off. All good
Then I tried to turn it on (where it failed seconds before) and turned on nicely.

I then tried to connect the goggles to the phone and was able to activate the goggles. (still missing the drone since I bought the dji avata 2fly more combo with 3 batteries.)

Should I try to update the firmware to see if all this weird behaviors go away?
Still a bit sceptical about all of this tbh.
I guess I would have to drain the battery close to 10-15% and see how the charging behaves.
5-1 08:37
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

While i wait for an answer regarding the firmware update.
Atm im letting the goggles turned on to drain the battery to around 10-15% so i could try to charge them again.

Although it shouldn't and would otherwise be a very strange behavior.
Could this have happened because the Goggles 3 battery was shipped at really low percentage somehow?
5-1 08:41
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

Meanwhile I've made some discovery I accidently found
https://youtube.com/shorts/82Ps1PXX9L0?si=6KuYvpMI1LarDbJL

I think my issue seems to be related with the cable and it's position as it can be seen in the video.
Does this make sense?
5-1 14:34
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

That definitely looks like a loose connection in your strap and is more thank lileky the cause of all your issues, I'd send them to DJI for replacement immediately.
5-1 15:12
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

fichek Posted at 5-1 15:12
That definitely looks like a loose connection in your strap and is more thank lileky the cause of all your issues, I'd send them to DJI for replacement immediately.

Yeah most likely. Although now it's somehow manageable (if it's indeed the root of the issues)
But I didn't even made a single flight yet.
So I would like to have it sorted out the quickest possible.
But it really saddens me having to send something brand new right into repair after unboxing
5-1 15:31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bullseyee Posted at 5-1 14:34

Hi, Bullseyee. Thank you for the replies. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. I'll keep you posted.
5-2 21:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bullseyee Posted at 5-1 14:34

Thank you for patiently waiting, Bullseyee. Our relevant team recommended sending it back for repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
5-3 07:24
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-3 07:24
Thank you for patiently waiting, Bullseyee. Our relevant team recommended sending it back for repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Hi Gamora,
I've already opened a case like you requested.
I can send the link, but i guess you can check from the email associated with my account for privacy reasons.
I have some question which i also pointed out in the form, which is, should i send the whole Avata fly more package , or just the goggles since its the only item with problems ?
Also, around 1 year ago, when i requested a repairment, and i got a very specific label, to be attached to the package, and the whole shipment was done by UPS which i have a pickup point nearby.I only received an email atm after opening the repair case, but it was nothing  like the previous case regarding two batteries.
I haven't got any label to use to send the goggles, any specific reason for that ?
Will i receive a follow up email with that info ?

5-3 09:33
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Bullseyee Posted at 5-3 09:33
Hi Gamora,
I've already opened a case like you requested.
I can send the link, but i guess you can check from the email associated with my account for privacy reasons.

You're supposed to receive a shipping label for any repair that's under warranty or DJI Care, you'll probably get it on Monday. If not, reach out to support again.
5-3 23:46
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

fichek Posted at 5-3 23:46
You're supposed to receive a shipping label for any repair that's under warranty or DJI Care, you'll probably get it on Monday. If not, reach out to support again.

Yeah that's what I thought.
After opening request they must do something on their end to approve such request that will then trigger the sending of such label.
I was lucky to only need the repair from dji one time. So the whole processes was not clear to me.
Guess I'll wait for Monday.

Until Monday since I now know the issue, I'll take the chance to at least fly some times during the weekend before sending the goggles to repair.
5-4 01:53
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi again Gamora,
I already received the label.
My only question atm is regarding what do I need to ship. Only the goggles seem to be defective, but from the options I selected when I created the repair it asks me to send everything.
Can you give me some info about this before I schedule a pickup?

On another topic, i've activated the drone, but while still trying to figure out the issue with the goggles i didn't purchased the DJI Care Refresh, in the first 48h.
Is it possible since the goggles are being sent for repair to somehow reset the activation for dji care refresh so that when the goggles arrive I'm able to purchase it?
5-4 14:25
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

Quick update on this issue:
Today i was able to talk with support to find out if i needed to send everything, or just the goggles, which they replied send everything but without the batteries.
Regarding the issue with DJI Care Refresh, its also solved.
5-6 04:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bullseyee Posted at 5-6 04:44
Quick update on this issue:
Today i was able to talk with support to find out if i needed to send everything, or just the goggles, which they replied send everything but without the batteries.
Regarding the issue with DJI Care Refresh, its also solved.

Thank you for the update, Bullseyee. Glad that you were able to process the repair for the Goggles. Should you need further assistance, please let us know. Have a nice day!
5-6 18:49
Use props
djiuser_lpCWoj49lZip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189278 ft
Poland

I do have same problem . But no issue when using 5V only charger - getting 100%
5-11 11:57
Use props
Bullseyee
lvl.2

Portugal

djiuser_lpCWoj49lZip Posted at 5-11 11:57
I do have same problem  . But no issue when using 5V only charger - getting 100%

weird.
have you watched my latest video i posted ?  do you have the some issue related to "loose" connection on the cable ?
5-11 12:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules