Why Mini 4 Pro Intelligent Plus battery not available in Europe?
227 8 5-1 02:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33829 ft
Belgium

Dear,

Knowing that this battery pushes the weight above 249 gr, I understand very good that DJI tries  to avoid the use of this battery in a legacy or C0 MP4 (to be compliant with European regulations).
Bug, I do not understand why this battery is not available in Europe for owners of a C1 certified MP4?
In that fase the 249 gr limit is not an issue.
In a recent discussion on this same forum, a DJI collaborar offered even the link to the Amazon US webshop, to be able to order this battery in a US retailer webshop.
Why, on one hand gave us the link to a US webshop, but on the other hand refuse owners of C1 certified MP4, the possibility to order the battery inside de Europe?
Can DJI give me any good reason to act so?
Thanks.
5-1 02:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could it be that DJI would have to update the MTOM in the documentation to support the weight of the plus battery and thus would only be able to sell it as a C1 drone.
5-1 04:53
Use props
djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT
lvl.2
Belgium

Thank you for reaction, but at first view, I do not think this would be the reason.
Early 2024 DJI published a review of the user manual of the M4P, named version 1.2.
On page 115 we could learn they make the difference of MTOM between the C0 and C1 certified M4P.
Indeed for C0 they indicate a MTOM of 249 gr, as for the C1, they mention a MTOM of 342 gr.
Above that, on the same page they indicate that the Plus Battery is one of the possible spare parts of the C1 certified M4P within the European area.
My conclusion: DJI is not compiant with is own updated user manual.
5-1 07:26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If we sell the Intelligent Battery Plus in the EU, the Mini 4 Pro will not conform to the C0 standard.
5-2 07:58
Use props
djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-2 07:58
Hi, djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If we sell the Intelligent Battery Plus in the EU, the Mini 4 Pro will not conform to the C0 standard.

Dear Gamora,
Why DJI can't sell the Plus battery in the EU, with the explicit remark, to be not in conflict with EASA regulations the product can't be used in the C0 Mini 4 Pro?
Would that be a problem for EASA?
5-2 08:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT Posted at 5-2 08:22
Dear Gamora,
Why DJI can't sell the Plus battery in the EU, with the explicit remark, to be not in conflict with EASA regulations the product can't be used in the C0 Mini 4 Pro?

Hi, djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT. Let me confirm this with our relevant team.
5-3 07:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT Posted at 5-2 08:22
Dear Gamora,

Hi, djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT. Please check my DM. Thank you.
5-6 22:29
Use props
djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-6 22:29
Hi, djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT. Please check my DM. Thank you.

Hello Gamora,

What do you mean with: "Please check my DM"?
What do I have to check where?
Thanks.
5-6 23:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT Posted at 5-6 23:09
Hello Gamora,

What do you mean with: "Please check my DM"?

Hi, djiuser_VUOjxdWNyxMT. It means direct message. Please click the Personal Message under my account just like this:

Thank you.
5-9 03:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules