DJI Mic Popping and Crackling Sounds
136 6 5-1 06:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
beachwood_01
lvl.1
United States

I am hearing popping/crackling sounds from my audio track when recording with the DJI Mic. I have performed several tests to determine what is causing it, but have not found any solution. Here are the tests.

1. Testing to make sure mic cord was fully plugged in = still hear popping sounds, no change

2. Physically rubbed the the Lav mic = still hear popping sounds, no change

3. Formatted memory in transmitter = still hear popping sounds, no change

4. Cable test (used both Rode cable and DJI cable) = still hear popping sounds, no change

5. DJI transmitter only (no lav) = still hear popping sounds, no change

The only tests that recorded good audio (no popping) was a direct USB connection.

6. Mic 1 direct direct via USB = no popping

7. Mic 2 tests direct via USB = no popping

- - - - - - - SUMMARY - - - - - - -

From my tests, this appears to be an issue with the transmitter.

Here is a sample file of the audio popping: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jogm9k4fnze4l9y5o1r7v/Audio-Popping.mov?rlkey=geurmouax0vmtmo20zon22rle&st=5csxytdq&dl=0
5-1 06:14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for providing the audio file. In order to address the issue, we kindly ask you to follow the steps outlined below:

1. Adjust the distance between the DJI Mic transmitter and the sound source as needed.
2. Reduce the gain settings on the DJI Mic or the camera, depending on the situation.

If the problem persists, kindly provide us with the following information:

1. A video demonstrating how the DJI Mic transmitter is being worn or mounted.
2. A video showing the distance between the DJI Mic transmitter and the sound source.
3. Details of the gain settings on the DJI Mic, camera, and any other relevant devices.

By providing these details, we will be better equipped to assist you in resolving the issue. Looking forward to your response.
5-2 00:00
Use props
beachwood_01
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. Adjust the distance between the DJI Mic transmitter and the sound source as needed.

I don't understand the relevance of this request as the sound source is my mouth, so changing the distance using a lav mic isn't really possible unless you're referring to a few millimeters difference.

2. Reduce the gain settings on the DJI Mic or the camera, depending on the situation.

The gain was already reduced in the original file that I attached: I always record at flat levels (reproduced in the follow up questions and accompanying second video that I created below).

I've created a video  that demonstrates the following:

1. How the DJI Mic transmitter is being worn or mounted.

2. Showing the distance between the DJI Mic transmitter and the sound source.

3. Details of the gain settings on the DJI Mic, camera, and any other relevant devices.

The gain settings on both the DJI Mic transmitter and receiver, as mentioned in the video, were 0.

Here is the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xxh6q6ek6dqvu6jubrfw0/Audio-Test-5.2.24.MP4?rlkey=fuczguj9ipk4qd3xp0itksf9f&st=iba1mnzd&dl=0

I didn't mention the camera audio level in the video, but I have photo (below) of the setting, which was +1.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xxh6q6ek6dqvu6jubrfw0/Audio-Test-5.2.24.MP4?rlkey=fuczguj9ipk4qd3xp0itksf9f&st=k4itmhol&dl=0
5-2 12:47
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

beachwood_01 Posted at 5-2 12:47
Hello,

Hi, there.Thank you for the video you provided. We will further verify it with our engineers and notify you as soon as possible.
5-2 23:14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

beachwood_01 Posted at 5-2 12:47
Hello,

Hi, there. What model is your phone connected to the DJI Mic?
5-5 22:06
Use props
beachwood_01
lvl.1
United States

There is no phone connected to the mic. It is connected to a Sony A7III.
5-6 05:01
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

beachwood_01 Posted at 5-6 05:01
There is no phone connected to the mic. It is connected to a Sony A7III.

Hello. Please provide the following information, we will verify further with our engineers.
1. Confirm the specific connection method, provide third-angle video, detailed shooting connection method, and the working status of the interface;
2. Change other connection methods and other devices to confirm whether this exception still occurs;
3. Turn on the TX internal recording at the same time, and confirm where the abnormality occurs in the internal recording audio, the audio output from the RX monitoring hole, and the audio output from the RX to the recording device.
5-6 05:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules