New battery hub not charging properly
239 5 5-1 09:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slo007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41030 ft
Ireland

Purchased a new DJI Air 3 combo, plugged the 3x new batteries in the hub connected to an Oppo 100w USB fast charger overnight. Next day one battery had 50% (3rd bar) the rest were empty. Moved the DJI battery hub to a Dell 130w laptop hub and connected the USB C cable directly. 12 hours later, one battery was 4th bar and one was second bar.
Overnight again, one battery drained to 1 bar (???), second was 3rd bar, third was one bar. Clearly something wrong.

Moved one battery to charge inside the drone from the Dell hub USB C output. This worked, so did all three and everything appears fully charged.

I opened a ticked with DJI Service to get the DJI battery hub replaced; however, the website asks me to send everything back. Is there a way I can get just the charging hub replaced?
IMG20240430190651.jpg
5-1 09:50
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about the situation. To provide clarification, when you requested a repair case online, you may send the faulty product only and not necessarily the whole package as this is only a recommendation. However, if you selected the Replacement Service, this pertains to replacing your whole package, hence, the whole package must be returned. I hope this clarifies your query. Should you have further concerns, kindly feel free to let us know.
5-1 13:43
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Have you tried the Dji 100W charger? I use that and it works great with the hub.
5-3 12:11
Use props
slo007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41030 ft
Ireland

Suren Posted at 5-3 12:11
Have you tried the Dji 100W charger? I use that and it works great with the hub.

I looked at it, but it's 100 Euro delivered which I think is too expensive. I tried different chargers and the hub didn't perform as I expected so it's going back.
5-8 02:59
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

is there anything in the manual which says that, for a battery's first charge ONLY that battery should be connected to the hub ?

I have a vague recollection of that, or something similar, being said for an older model of drone.

Even if it is not stated in the manual it might be an idea to try it. Once each battery has been used/drained then see how the hub behaves.
5-8 07:28
Use props
Eremita
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34745965 ft
Finland

Does your chargers support USB C PD (power delivery)? There are many chargers (even over 100W) that doesn't support it, for example chargers from Oneplus and some other manufacturers that have their own charging technology (SUPERVOOC etc). DJI Air 3 only supports USB C PD charging technology (65W or 100W in this case).

Did your batteries in the hub all flash at the same time or just one at the time? The charging hub supports 2-way charging using the drone batteries for charging other devices which are connected to the hub via USB C cable, so instead of charging themselves they will lose charge. That happens usually when using the power bank with the battery hub unless there is way to turn two-way charging off from the power bank. Just wondering if you had laptop connected to the Dell hub as well and it started using the drone batteries for charging itself via hub.
5-8 14:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules