Goggles 2: 120fps, 100fps, 30fps?
111 6 5-2 06:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MonsterMaxx
lvl.2

United States

I received my goggles 2 yesterday and I LIKE them.  Been flying V2 for years.  O3 Airunit FPV drones.  Feels like half the size/weight and better video quality.

I'm getting mixed information on what to set the video quality for.

Being told that if I set it to 4k/120fps, then the goggles will be in 60fps mode and the airunit will record is 120fps.

My flights yesterday were in 4k/120fps, but when I look at the goggles recording there's only 1 file (from 3 different flights) and it's at 1080/30fps.  The onboard airunit recorded nothing.

How should I set the goggle 2 video quality to maximize what I see in the goggles?  Why would the files be missing from the goggles and airunit? What do I need to do to get onboard recording working?

TIA
5-2 06:26
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Make sure under settings/camera you have recording turned on for "both".

And yes, since the micro-OLED screens are limited to 100Hz, selecting 120 fps recording frame rate will make your live view in goggles 60 fps. For 100 fps or below, screen refresh rate will match recording frame rate.
5-2 21:15
Use props
MonsterMaxx
lvl.2

United States

fichek Posted at 5-2 21:15
Make sure under settings/camera you have recording turned on for "both".

And yes, since the micro-OLED screens are limited to 100Hz, selecting 120 fps recording frame rate will make your live view in goggles 60 fps. For 100 fps or below, screen refresh rate will match recording frame rate.

thank you, that clarifies things for me, It was set to both, but I found that autostart was not enabled.
5-3 04:45
Use props
MonsterMaxx
lvl.2

United States

fichek Posted at 5-2 21:15
Make sure under settings/camera you have recording turned on for "both".

I have video quality set to 4k/100.

The bird is recording in 4k/100, but the goggles are only recording at 50fps.  Shouldn't the goggle recordings be at 100fps too?

What am I doing wrong?
5-5 07:05
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

MonsterMaxx Posted at 5-5 07:05
I have video quality set to 4k/100.

The bird is recording in 4k/100, but the goggles are only recording at 50fps.  Shouldn't the goggle recordings be at 100fps too?

You're not doing anything wrong, goggles dvr can only record up to 60fps, so if your aircraft recording frame rate is at 100/120, goggles will only save half the frames. (Well, in the case of 120fps, goggles can't even display that so your live view is cut to half frames too.)
5-5 13:02
Use props
MonsterMaxx
lvl.2

United States

fichek Posted at 5-5 13:02
You're not doing anything wrong, goggles dvr can only record up to 60fps, so if your aircraft recording frame rate is at 100/120, goggles will only save half the frames. (Well, in the case of 120fps, goggles can't even display that so your live view is cut to half frames too.)

ok, thanks
5-5 13:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MonsterMaxx. Thank you for reaching out. Please go to Settings--Capture--Advanced Camera Settings--to check whether the recording settings are set to simultaneous recording. There are 3 options to choose from:
Simultaneous recording: represents the simultaneous recording of the air unit and flight goggles.
Glasses only: Indicates that only the flight glasses record and the air unit does not record.
Aircraft only: this means only the air unit records, the flight goggles will not record.
When the video recording specification is 120fps, the real-time image transmission frame rate will reach 60fps, which does not mean that the video recorded by the flight goggles will be 60fps.
5-5 21:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules