Osmo Pocket 3 USB-C Problems Connecting
334 13 5-2 20:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WhiskeyWolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 689682 ft
United States

I formatted my 256 San Disk Extreme Pro SD card in the Pocket 3. Records and plays back video fine. When I hook it up to USB-C the file transfer screen pops up and I hit ok. My Pocket 3 shows up as an empty device and it says it needs to be formatted? WTH? If I take the card out and put it in an SD card reader it does nothing, yet when back in the Pocket 3 it records and plays back fine?
5-2 20:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, WhiskeyWolf. Thank you for reaching out. The Osmo Pocket 3 and the computer have different SD card format methods and types.  It is suggested to use a computer to format and then use Osmo Pocket 3 normally. If the issue persists, please let us know.
5-2 22:30
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-2 22:30
Hi, WhiskeyWolf. Thank you for reaching out. The Osmo Pocket 3 and the computer have different SD card format methods and types.  It is suggested to use a computer to format and then use Osmo Pocket 3 normally. If the issue persists, please let us know.

This seems like strange advice. Usually the correct thing is to format the card in camera.
Which computer system can't read files from sd card formatted like that?
5-2 22:44
Use props
WhiskeyWolf
lvl.2
United States

Yes, this makes no sense. All the other online posts say to format in the camera? WTH? I will format in the computer and see if that works and will reply after.
5-3 09:12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

4wd Posted at 5-2 22:44
This seems like strange advice. Usually the correct thing is to format the card in camera.
Which computer system can't read files from sd card formatted like that?

Hi there. Other users have had similar problems before, so it is necessary to check whether there are some hidden abnormalities in the SD card that prevent the computer from reading it normally. The SD card needs to be completely formatted through the computer.
5-5 21:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WhiskeyWolf Posted at 5-3 09:12
Yes, this makes no sense. All the other online posts say to format in the camera? WTH? I will format in the computer and see if that works and will reply after.

Hi, WhiskeyWolf. You may try the below steps to isolate the issue:

1. Please check whether the SD card can be read by directly connecting it to the computer using a data cable instead of using a third-party card reader after formatting it in the fuselage;
2. If it cannot be read, please format the SD card on the computer, put it back into the Osmo Pocket 3, shoot, then connect it to the computer to read it and try again;
3. If the material still cannot be read normally, since the SD card model used is not in the compatibility list, it is recommended to change the SD card model in the recommended list and try again to see if it can be read normally.
5-5 21:49
Use props
neotint
lvl.1

United States

That is odd, only ideas that comes to mind are that you might have non-legit memory card. Check that it's authentic. If you bought it from an authorized retailer (online or in-store) bring it back to them for an exchange. You need a rock solid memory card so best to get a replacement that's error-free.
5-6 08:31
Use props
WhiskeyWolf
lvl.2
United States

neotint Posted at 5-6 08:31
That is odd, only ideas that comes to mind are that you might have non-legit memory card. Check that it's authentic. If you bought it from an authorized retailer (online or in-store) bring it back to them for an exchange. You need a rock solid memory card so best to get a replacement that's error-free.

I have 2 San Disk Extreme Pro and 1 Extreme. It does it to all of them? What good is the camera if I can't get the data off of it? I might just do a reset. Maybe the camera needs to be serviced? I can record and play the data on the camera but every time I plug in the data cable the drive shows up but says I need to format it?
5-6 09:28
Use props
WhiskeyWolf
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-5 21:49
Hi, WhiskeyWolf. You may try the below steps to isolate the issue:

1. Please check whether the SD card can be read by directly connecting it to the computer using a data cable instead of using a third-party card reader after formatting it in the fuselage;

I see that it is not in the list but when I first bought the Pocket 3 in November 10th, 2023 the San Disk was working just fine? What happened? Its a SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO® microSDTM UHS-I Card with Adapter C10, U3, V30, A2, 200MB/s Read 140MB/s Write SDSQXCD-256G-GN6MA?
5-6 09:34
Use props
WhiskeyWolf
lvl.2
United States

So I formatted the SD card on the laptop PC as exFat. Put it in the Pocket 3. Recorded some video and now the disk is seen on the computer when using a SD to USB reader. I assumed that you should always format in the camera first but I guess this is not the case?
5-6 10:30
Use props
neotint
lvl.1

United States

WhiskeyWolf Posted at 5-6 09:28
I have 2 San Disk Extreme Pro and 1 Extreme. It does it to all of them? What good is the camera if I can't get the data off of it? I might just do a reset. Maybe the camera needs to be serviced? I can record and play the data on the camera but every time I plug in the data cable the drive shows up but says I need to format it?

I hear you. If you're having the same problem with multiple memory cards, and all of those cards work in other devices (SD adapter, other cameras, etc.) but not fully in the OP3 -- then DJI servicing is the next step.
5-6 13:29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WhiskeyWolf Posted at 5-6 09:34
I see that it is not in the list but when I first bought the Pocket 3 in November 10th, 2023 the San Disk was working just fine? What happened? Its a SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO® microSDTM UHS-I Card with Adapter C10, U3, V30, A2, 200MB/s Read 140MB/s Write SDSQXCD-256G-GN6MA?

Hi, WhiskeyWolf. This SD card model has never been on the compatible list. If the problem still cannot be solved after following the troubleshooting steps and if you do not have another SD card to use, please provide the following: abnormal videos or photos, logs, and specific operation time for analysis and confirmation.
5-10 06:34
Use props
WhiskeyWolf
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 06:34
Hi, WhiskeyWolf. This SD card model has never been on the compatible list. If the problem still cannot be solved after following the troubleshooting steps and if you do not have another SD card to use, please provide the following: abnormal videos or photos, logs, and specific operation time for analysis and confirmation.

PROBLEM SOLVED: I had to go to CMD and use DISKPART, list volumes then do a format FS=exfat command to format. Also a CHKDSK to repair if bad. I have 3 Extreme Pro's. One card wouldn't obey any CMD commands so I found a must have free program called SD Memory Card Formatter for WIN and MAC. This program found that one card I was about to throw out and formatted it and I am glad to say all cards are working great now in my Pocket 2, Pocket 3 and Mini 3.

SD Memory Card Formatter
5-10 08:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WhiskeyWolf Posted at 5-10 08:52
PROBLEM SOLVED: I had to go to CMD and use DISKPART, list volumes then do a format FS=exfat command to format. Also a CHKDSK to repair if bad. I have 3 Extreme Pro's. One card wouldn't obey any CMD commands so I found a must have free program called SD Memory Card Formatter for WIN and MAC. This program found that one card I was about to throw out and formatted it and I am glad to say all cards are working great now in my Pocket 2, Pocket 3 and Mini 3.

SD Memory Card Formatter

Thank you for the update, WhiskeyWolf. We're glad that you have sorted it out.
5-13 00:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules