DJI MIC2 hotshoe adapter for Sony - compatible with ZV-E1?
231 5 5-3 02:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emacs42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

Hi there,

I got the new hotshoe adapter for the MIC2 to Sony cams.
It does work on my A9 MkII, but it doesn't get recognized by my ZV-E1.

Has anyone used it successfully on a ZV-E1?
@DJI is there a known incompatibility with the hotshoe adapter and the Sony ZV-E1?

Cheers,
Emacs
5-3 02:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On B&H They specially call out the ZV-E1 as compatible,   theres also a DJI spec sheet floating around that lists the models supported

Compatibility
Sony ZV-E1, ZV E10
Sony a1
Sony a7C, a7C II, a7CR
Sony a7S III
Sony a7R IV, a7R IVA, a7R V
Sony a9 II, a9 III
Sony a6700
Sony FX30, FX3
5-3 03:18
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 03:18
On B&H They specially call out the ZV-E1 as compatible,   theres also a DJI spec sheet floating around that lists the models supported

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0hGS7E0hkQ

Thank you!

Strange though. My ZV-E1 recognizes the Sony shotgun mike ECM-B1M in the hotshoe without problems.
So, the ZV-E1 and its hotshoe should be fine.
But the same ZV-E1 does not recognize the DJI adapter at all, no matter how I push or move it into place.

At this point I thought I may have gotten a faulty adapter.
But then again, the same DJI adapter is recognized by my A9-II without problems.

Latest firmware on all included devices.

Cheers,
Emacs
5-3 06:29
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

Emacs42 Posted at 5-3 06:29
Thank you!

Strange though. My ZV-E1 recognizes the Sony shotgun mike ECM-B1M in the hotshoe without problems.

I figured it out.
My ZV-E1 is in a pretty small and lightweight cage by Smallrig.
The Smallrig cage allows access to the ZV-E1's hotshoe and the sony ECM B1M microphone with its small base fits in just fine.
But the MIC2 camera adapter has a bigger base and it collides with the cage, preventing it from connecting fully.
It's not much. Maybe 2/3 of a millimetre, but enough to prevent a connection of the contacts between adapter and hotshoe.

Best regards,

Emacs
5-6 08:00
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

A steady hand, the trusty old Dremel tool, and about a minute later, the warranty of the adapter may be voided, but the adapter, the ZV-E1 and the Smallrig cage are now a perfect fit.
There is, or in my case rather "was" an obscene amount of unnecessary plastic at the base of the adapter...
Van Neistat would be proud of me.

Cheers,

Emacs
5-6 08:21
Use props
CreatorJeff
New

United States

I created an account just to say THANK YOU. I had the same issue, updated firmware, reset, etc. I also have a small rig cage with the SONY ZV-E1 and had the same issue! might just modify/shave down my cage tho
5-8 23:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules