"Low battery RTH" does not work in manual mode with RC3! possible??
281 22 5-4 12:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123182 ft
Italy

Hello
Today I was doing some testing, flying in manual mode with RC3 I waited for the battery to discharge to 20%, it gave me the "low battery warning" and told me to land but the RTH didn't start, I waited for it to discharge to 10 % and nothing to do... only message to land but the RTH has not started...

I landed in manual mode with the battery at 2%!!!!  does RTH only work for lost signals? or maybe it only works with motion controllers and not with RC3?

Is there a way to enable Low Battery RTH??

thanks

5-4 12:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted. We appreciate your patience.
5-4 19:37
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Odd.  Mine works fine.  Do you have RTH behavior set to Return to Home?  Not that it should matter for a low battery situation, but check that RTH isn't set to Hover or Land.
5-4 19:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Min prompts me to cancel within X seconds and then does a return to home just fine with the RC3 controller.
5-4 23:14
Use props
djiuser_NJhtk5QHLbzK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 596385 ft
Ireland

I noticed teh same behaviour when using manual mode. I actually prefer it this way. You can still acticate the RTH with the button on the RC3. Just curious why you would want hte RTH to ativate and pull you out of manual mode? kind of defeats the purpose of manual mode if you ask me
5-5 00:54
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-4 19:52
Odd.  Mine works fine.  Do you have RTH behavior set to Return to Home?  Not that it should matter for a low battery situation, but check that RTH isn't set to Hover or Land.

Hi, Yes RTH is set to Return to Home,  I tried to start the rth manually and it works but low battery rth no...
5-5 00:59
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 23:14
Min prompts me to cancel within X seconds and then does a return to home just fine with the RC3 controller.

exactly... that's what I expected instead just warning messages...
5-5 01:00
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_NJhtk5QHLbzK Posted at 5-5 00:54
I noticed teh same behaviour when using manual mode. I actually prefer it this way. You can still acticate the RTH with the button on the RC3. Just curious why you would want hte RTH to ativate and pull you out of manual mode? kind of defeats the purpose of manual mode if you ask me

you're right, I agree with you, in fact if you are following a line and it stops for the rth it could be boring, but in reality you have the possibility to cancel it... and in any case it is an anomalous behavior that doesn't work..
5-5 01:03
Use props
djiuser_NJhtk5QHLbzK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 596385 ft
Ireland

zippomakerhotmail.com Posted at 5-5 01:03
you're right, I agree with you, in fact if you are following a line and it stops for the rth it could be boring, but in reality you have the possibility to cancel it... and in any case it is an anomalous behavior that doesn't work..

Hmm I am not so sure, I would think this is working as designed to be honest. Hopefully the DJI can reply and let us know
5-5 01:05
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

People that say it works, are you flying in manual mode or just flying N/S mode with FPVRC3? Because I would personally also prefer it not to initiate RTH while in M mode.

User manual does mention this which makes me believe auto-RTH should not kick in in M mode: "In Manual mode, all flight assistance functions [...] are disabled"
5-5 02:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zippomakerhotmail.com Posted at 5-5 01:00
exactly... that's what I expected instead just warning messages...

Could it be you were too close to the homepoint?
5-5 03:04
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

zippomakerhotmail.com Posted at 5-5 00:59
Hi, Yes RTH is set to Return to Home,  I tried to start the rth manually and it works but low battery rth no...

Then as mentioned perhaps this is the way it is intended to function when flying in Manual Mode?  In N or S modes low battery does trigger RTH.
5-5 05:42
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

fichek Posted at 5-5 02:16
People that say it works, are you flying in manual mode or just flying N/S mode with FPVRC3? Because I would personally also prefer it not to initiate RTH while in M mode.

User manual does mention this which makes me believe auto-RTH should not kick in in M mode: "In Manual mode, all flight assistance functions [...] are disabled"

possible... where did you read this?
5-6 00:54
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 03:04
Could it be you were too close to the homepoint?

no, I was 300 meters away just to take the test
5-6 00:55
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

zippomakerhotmail.com Posted at 5-6 00:54
possible... where did you read this?

Page 42 of the user manual.
5-6 01:28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for patiently waiting. Manual mode does not have low battery RTH function, if you need the low battery RTH function, please switch to normal or sport mode. We will surely gather this concern as suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
5-8 23:58
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-8 23:58
Thank you for patiently waiting. Manual mode does not have low battery RTH function, if you need the low battery RTH function, please switch to normal or sport mode. We will surely gather this concern as suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding.

Don't forward anything, it works as intended
5-9 02:53
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

Hi Paladin, yesterday I contacted DJI technical support via chat and this morning I did further tests as indicated by them. I did some tests with a friend of mine with another Avata2, so we tried both in manual and in sport mode, the RTH low battery with the use of the RC3 never works!!
We have the 1st low battery warning at 20% then the 2nd at 10% but the RTH procedure does not start...
in fact when the battery reached 5% the drone landed alone, distance 150m, (failsafe RTH set at 50 meters) we did a further test , by turning off the RC3 the RTH works, by turning off the glasses the RTH works, but the battery is low only warning, the RTH never starts... are you sure that it works with RC3 and it doesn't just work with the motion controller???
5-9 04:08
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

fichek Posted at 5-9 02:53
Don't forward anything, it works as intended

I think he didn't test with RC3 and Avata 2... I think he only tested with Avata 1....
5-9 04:14
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

I add to what I wrote before that we also did a test in sport mode... and the low battery RTH doesn't work... are you sure it works with RC3 and not just with motion controller?
5-9 04:16
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

zippomakerhotmail.com Posted at 5-9 04:16
I add to what I wrote before that we also did a test in sport mode... and the low battery RTH doesn't work... are you sure it works with RC3 and not just with motion controller?

I just tried today, low battery RTH countdown appeared in both N and S modes on 2 separate batteries I tested.
5-11 10:01
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Italy

I did some tests with a friend of mine with another Avata2, so we tried both in manual and in N/Sport mode, the RTH low battery with the use of the RC3 never works!!
With motion controller 2 works fine, battery at 25% "low battery RTH" starts and workd fine.
With DJI FPV RC2 no...
it doesn't work either in "N" or in "S" or in "MANUAL"

We have the 1st low battery warning at 25% but the RTH procedure does not start...
in fact when the battery reached 5% the drone auto landed alone,  (failsafe RTH set at 50 meters altitude) we did a further test , by turning off the RC3 the RTH works, by turning off the glasses the RTH works, by Motion controller works, but with RC2 only warnings, the RTH never starts...

are you sure that it works with RC2 and it doesn't just work with the motion controller???
yesterday 13:09
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

zippomakerhotmail.com Posted at 5-18 13:09

I did some tests with a friend of mine with another Avata2, so we tried both in manual and in N/Sport mode, the RTH low battery with the use of the RC3 never works!!

You're mixing up versions of controllers a bit, even in the video title and thumbnail

Anyway, I always cancel the low battery RTH when the countdown starts so I can't say with 100% certainty that it works beyond a warning, will try tomorrow.
yesterday 14:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules