Auto record only records about 30 sec
154 5 5-5 06:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

I have my Avata 2 set to automatically record when I take off in the settings.

I noticed that this only records about 30 seconds on my SD card (even though the on-screen display shows a red blinking record throughout the entire flight with record timer).

Is this a setting that I need to change in the settings?  I could not find anything to change this.  (Note:  My Goggles SD card records the ENTIRE flight on the same flight)

THANKS
5-5 06:07
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assume in the Advanced Camera Settings (in the Goggles 3 menu) you are set to auto-record on BOTH?

If that is true & it is only recording 30 seconds on the drone before stopping, then you may have a flaky memory card.  Try reinserting the card into the drone then reformatting it in the drone.

While sitting on the ground you'll notice separate indicators displaying remaining record time for both the Avata & Goggles 3 cards.  With auto-record set, when you lift off you see the blinking red dot with a duration timer.  Not sure how large your cards are but mine shows many hours of available time.  I have a 256 in the goggles & a 512 in the drone.
5-5 06:39
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-5 06:39
I assume in the Advanced Camera Settings (in the Goggles 3 menu) you are set to auto-record on BOTH?

If that is true & it is only recording 30 seconds on the drone before stopping, then you may have a flaky memory card.  Try reinserting the card into the drone then reformatting it in the drone.

thanks for the reply.
Yes, the setting is set on "both".

I will try reformatting the sd card and trying again.  I'll also try swapping the avata2 and goggles3 cards to see if is the card, but it should be ok - sandisk extreme 128gb  Class10 U3 V30 A2 in both.
5-5 07:43
Use props
zappy49
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482260 ft
United Kingdom

Plasmo Posted at 5-5 07:43
thanks for the reply.
Yes, the setting is set on "both".

yes should be nearly 4 min so def something wrong with sd card
5-5 07:56
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
United States

Plasmo Posted at 5-5 07:43
thanks for the reply.
Yes, the setting is set on "both".

i swapped the card and also formatted it in the avata2, and it appears to work properly now.

Maybe it needed to be formatted correctly in the Avata.  thanks.
5-5 07:58
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Plasmo Posted at 5-5 07:58
i swapped the card and also formatted it in the avata2, and it appears to work properly now.

Maybe it needed to be formatted correctly in the Avata.  thanks.

Hi, Plasmo. Glad that it is working properly now. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again. Have a safe flight!
5-7 07:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules