Return To Home landing precision
162 4 5-5 23:31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pilot7478
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12287 ft
Canada

My Mavic Pro was able to automatically return and land at the exact same spot where it took off from.
However my Avata 2 is always off by 2 or 3 metres.

Is it normal for Avata series or is it something wrong with my drone?
All calibrations are done and marked as green, so unlikely to be a reason, I believe.
5-5 23:31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds about right. the Mavics used their bottom OA camera to take a shot for lining up to on return, theres no camera like that on the avata.  
5-6 00:20
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408855 ft
United States

When I manually  engaged RTH for a test it missed the center of the landing pad by ~0.5M.  Close, but not spot on.   Bit dusty or rocky where I launch from.  Future RTH  if an option will press the Lock button to override and land manually.   
5-6 15:44
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Select drones offer the Precision Landing option.  It began with the Mavic Pro.  The P4 Pro, some of the Air series including the Air 3, the Mavic 3 series, the Mini 4 Pro.  They used the downward optical flow cameras to record the terrain on takeoff, then matched it on landing.  It was pretty amazing to watch it in action.  For the Avata 2 I would really not expect Precision Landing as an option due to the redesign of the optical flow cameras to the 45° angle at which they are oriented.  For the Avata 1 it may have been possible but not implemented on an FPV-style drone.
5-6 15:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out.  For models without the precision landing function, in an environment with a good GPS signal, the 3-meter level deviation is normal. Have a nice day.
5-8 01:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules