Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Avata 2 Playing with the bridges.....

Another little play under some bridges,  really could do with finding a dry bridge or two.

Created with Avata 2 & Rocksteady

[See My Other Content...]

5-6 00:20
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Was this a test to see if Rocksteady was better than Gyroflow? Also, do you not record in 4K? I mostly only record in 1080p, because there is very little difference to 4K, but it has to be 60fps for me.
5-6 01:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 5-6 01:21
Was this a test to see if Rocksteady was better than Gyroflow? Also, do you not record in 4K? I mostly only record in 1080p, because there is very little difference to 4K, but it has to be 60fps for me.

That was 4k30,  I was recording in 4k60 and Im trying to see if there is a difference.  
5-6 03:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 5-6 01:21
Was this a test to see if Rocksteady was better than Gyroflow? Also, do you not record in 4K? I mostly only record in 1080p, because there is very little difference to 4K, but it has to be 60fps for me.

Also we know Gyroflow is better,  but with Rocksteady you can go ultra wide and if its 95% as good as Gyroflow then unless its special footage then its probably enough to save an extra step and another 30gb of content.  
5-6 03:02
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 03:00
That was 4k30,  I was recording in 4k60 and Im trying to see if there is a difference.

In my opinion there is a massive difference. You need to see it side-by-side.
5-6 03:25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 5-6 03:25
In my opinion there is a massive difference. You need to see it side-by-side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SzGQkI-IwM

Well thats the thing isnt it,  you never see it side by side.  
5-6 03:28
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 03:28
Well thats the thing isnt it,  you never see it side by side.

With your iPhone open video, then change it to 30fps and keep changing it back and forward to 30fps and 60fps. In <10sec you will notice the difference even though you are not seeing it side-by-side.

Fun fact: the human eyes can see up to 287fps.
5-6 03:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 5-6 03:39
With your iPhone open video, then change it to 30fps and keep changing it back and forward to 30fps and 60fps. In

I assume that was a typo.,  human eye fps cant be agreed on but its between 30 and 60 fps.   https://caseguard.com/articles/h ... %20have%20a%20tough,of%20thought%20on%20visual%20perception.
5-6 03:41
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 03:41
I assume that was a typo.,  human eye fps cant be agreed on but its between 30 and 60 fps.   https://caseguard.com/articles/how-many-frames-per-second-can-the-human-eye-see/#:~:text=Most%20experts%20have%20a%20tough,of%20thought%20on%20visual%20perception.

It absolutely cannot be 30fps because then we will see the frames stuttering. Anyway they are not talking about how many the eye can see, but how much the brain can process in one go.
5-6 03:43
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567815 ft
United Kingdom

Low bridges and wires - nice flight
5-6 04:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Codgerzh2 Posted at 5-6 04:30
Low bridges and wires - nice flight

Cheers mate,   lucky I know those low wire are there.  
5-6 04:35
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Those power lines (the first ones) were a surprise...
5-6 04:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-6 04:47
Those power lines (the first ones) were a surprise...

I knew they were there fortunately.  
5-6 05:49
Use props
MBDS
lvl.3

Germany

The high-voltage line is dangerous for the drone, but it is captured very well.
5-6 07:37
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1684462 ft
United States

Now I remember when my old 2 SE went tree-trimming and almost sitting on a telephone pole. On the same flight. The bridges must be content by now.
5-6 12:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, bridges and power lines - your confidence level is really climbing fast. Nice flying DA.  
5-6 13:19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 13:19
Wow, bridges and power lines - your confidence level is really climbing fast. Nice flying DA.

Cheers DT,  Not confident enough to do the other bridge which had much less room under it.  
5-6 23:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 23:00
Cheers DT,  Not confident enough to do the other bridge which had much less room under it.

That would have been pretty tight.  No doubt that will happen when you get more flying experience and confidence in shooting small gaps.  
5-7 13:59
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-7 13:59
That would have been pretty tight.  No doubt that will happen when you get more flying experience and confidence in shooting small gaps.

Thats why I took out care refresh.
5-7 23:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:00
Thats why I took out care refresh.

I'd say with FPV drones that would almost be a necessity.  

I think I might have a poacher coming on my property.  Yesterday when I went to the backside of my property to fill the deer feeder up I saw human foot prints and I haven't been back that way in 4 days and my footprint isn't as big as the ones I saw.  I'm going to mount two trail cams up a little higher on some trees and see if I can get a picture.  If that effort fails I may have to resort to using some vintage bear traps I bought at an estate sale.  
5-8 03:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 03:03
I'd say with FPV drones that would almost be a necessity.  

I think I might have a poacher coming on my property.  Yesterday when I went to the backside of my property to fill the deer feeder up I saw human foot prints and I haven't been back that way in 4 days and my footprint isn't as big as the ones I saw.  I'm going to mount two trail cams up a little higher on some trees and see if I can get a picture.  If that effort fails I may have to resort to using some vintage bear traps I bought at an estate sale.

Did you follow the track to see where they are coming in?  Maybe then you could put an alarm system there.
5-8 23:20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 23:20
Did you follow the track to see where they are coming in?  Maybe then you could put an alarm system there.

I was able to follow the footprints back to the fence line where they entered.  It seems he came in via a side creek and then onto my property.  So I've placed a total of 6 trail cams to give m e good coverage of that fence line area and also 2 more around the deer feeder.  
5-9 03:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 03:01
I was able to follow the footprints back to the fence line where they entered.  It seems he came in via a side creek and then onto my property.  So I've placed a total of 6 trail cams to give m e good coverage of that fence line area and also 2 more around the deer feeder.

Perhaps an additional sign down there too would help.
5-10 03:47
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No holding you back now, is there
5-10 09:35
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 03:47
Perhaps an additional sign down there too would help.

I sent my Air 3 back there this morning and saw an individual on an ATV just on the other side of my property.  I called the guy that owns the land behind me and he said he was going to drive down there and see if he can find out who is there as he gave nobody permission to be on his land.  He called me later and said he found tracks of 2 or 3 ATVs.  They had taken advantage of a fence that had fallen down and he hadn't put back up yet.  I drove over and gave him a hand to get it back up.  He is putting a trail cam up there this evening.  He said he hopes they don't return because he hates trespassers and will shoot up their ATV if they return.   That guy is more of a gun "nut" than even me.  
5-10 13:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-10 09:35
No holding you back now, is there

Slow steady progress I think,   only think ive been lacking the last few days was time.
5-11 07:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 13:51
I sent my Air 3 back there this morning and saw an individual on an ATV just on the other side of my property.  I called the guy that owns the land behind me and he said he was going to drive down there and see if he can find out who is there as he gave nobody permission to be on his land.  He called me later and said he found tracks of 2 or 3 ATVs.  They had taken advantage of a fence that had fallen down and he hadn't put back up yet.  I drove over and gave him a hand to get it back up.  He is putting a trail cam up there this evening.  He said he hopes they don't return because he hates trespassers and will shoot up their ATV if they return.   That guy is more of a gun "nut" than even me.

I guess reporting that to law enforcement is pointless?
5-11 21:08
Use props
Mirek 22
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3658678 ft
Italy

nice video and, beautiful nature.

5-11 21:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mirek 22 Posted at 5-11 21:13
nice video and, beautiful nature.

Cheers Mirek 22.  
5-11 21:31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 07:48
Slow steady progress I think,   only think ive been lacking the last few days was time.

WIll you get time during your trip northwards?
5-11 22:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-11 22:55
WIll you get time during your trip northwards?

I probably wont even try here,   stick to N & S modes and practice somewhere quiet that I know and where its not too long a walk if I need a pole to get it out of a tree.

Few flights yesterday with the Mini 3 though,   but far too busy to fly the Avata,  until we got to the cottage and I thought Id fly over the hills around us, but that got knocked on the head as the fields are full of pregnant Ewes.
5-11 23:01
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 23:01
I probably wont even try here,   stick to N & S modes and practice somewhere quiet that I know and where its not too long a walk if I need a pole to get it out of a tree.

Few flights yesterday with the Mini 3 though,   but far too busy to fly the Avata,  until we got to the cottage and I thought Id fly over the hills around us, but that got knocked on the head as the fields are full of pregnant Ewes.

They're a bit tardy then, most of the ewes around here have lambed already.
5-11 23:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-11 23:05
They're a bit tardy then, most of the ewes around here have lambed already.

There are plenty of tiny lambs too,   but I can only go by the signage and a couple of them certainly looked pregnant,  but then I learnt a few years ago never to congratulate a lady just because she looks pregnant.
5-11 23:08
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 23:08
There are plenty of tiny lambs too,   but I can only go by the signage and a couple of them certainly looked pregnant,  but then I learnt a few years ago never to congratulate a lady just because she looks pregnant.

Not a good idea at all
Best to wait for confirmation.
5-11 23:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-11 23:56
Not a good idea at all
Best to wait for confirmation.

Thats why I gave it a miss,   there will be other places.
5-12 00:13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 00:13
Thats why I gave it a miss,   there will be other places.

5-12 00:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 21:08
I guess reporting that to law enforcement is pointless?

It is in a remote area and they never have enough law enforcement deputies to cover the outlying areas.  They will take a report but not much else they can do.  They didn't return last night as none of the trail cams were activated.  
5-12 05:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules