2 mics two pocket 3s?
151 11 5-6 01:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gooseman 2old
lvl.3
Flight distance : 733829 ft
United Kingdom

If, for the sake of argument, I had two op3s and two mic2s would I have an issue making sure at least one paired to one op3 and the other paired to the second op3? Or would both cameras pair to both op3s?

5-6 01:20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the DJI mic 2 has 2 memories  1  dedicated to the Rx, one dedicated to the Tx it can not get two to the tx side due to DJI. they  should have thought about this before the release of hte DJI mic and we'll all see in the future the DJI mic 3 having that capability.

regards FISH
5-6 02:52
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 5-6 02:52
the DJI mic 2 has 2 memories  1  dedicated to the Rx, one dedicated to the Tx it can not get two to the tx side due to DJI. they  should have thought about this before the release of hte DJI mic and we'll all see in the future the DJI mic 3 having that capability.

regards FISH

Not clear. Are you saying that if I had two Mic2s and two OP3s, I'd not be able to send one Mic2 signal to one OP3 and the other Mic2 signal to the second OP3?
5-6 05:45
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

OP3 has the ability to have two mics connected, we underrstand that, but hte Tx can not connect two op3's at the same time, must be paired and the other gets unpaired
5-6 06:21
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 5-6 06:21
OP3 has the ability to have two mics connected, we underrstand that, but hte Tx can not connect two op3's at the same time, must be paired and the other gets unpaired
To me you seem to be talking about ONE OP3. I totally understand you can’t send the signal from one mic2 to two or more Op3s.

But if you had two OP3s, call them OP3A and OP3B, asnd two Mic2s, call them mic2A and Mic2B, are you able to pair Mic2A with OP3A snd Mic2B with OP3B?

My concern is that the mics will just try and pair with a random OP3 and thus unpair from the other camera if it was already paired with it. Can the pairing be controlled?
5-6 06:36
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you have two Pockets, two mics, as long as you know which camera and mic are what

OP3A and DJIM2A,, as long as those two are as a team they will work. together each time you turn the camera and mic on.  OP3B, and DJIM2B as long as they are together they will work. at any time you want to swap, you again must go through the pairing process. each time. so I label down the  devices.

Every time I swap back and fourth I must pair op3, oa4 (action 4, every single time.
the OP3 has the option for two mics to pair and if you want to swap channels again a pair must be done.

sorry if it sounds confussing its not.
5-6 06:58
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Fantastic! Thanks fishy! That explains it. Sorry if I sounded thick! Thank you so much for helping out.
5-6 07:35
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.4

Spain

Gooseman 2old Posted at 5-6 06:36
To me you seem to be talking about ONE OP3. I totally understand you can’t send the signal from one mic2 to two or more Op3s.

But if you had two OP3s, call them OP3A and OP3B, asnd two Mic2s, call them mic2A and Mic2B, are you able to pair Mic2A with OP3A snd Mic2B with OP3B?

"But if you had two OP3s, call them OP3A and OP3B, and two Mic2s, call them mic2A and Mic2B, are you able to pair Mic2A with OP3A snd Mic2B with OP3B?"

Yes.

5-6 07:36
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Gooseman 2old Posted at 5-6 07:35
Fantastic! Thanks fishy! That explains it. Sorry if I sounded thick! Thank you so much for helping out.

No sweat, as we all try ti figure things out, I label the mic and Camera,  that is how it works great we understand thick or think I hear ya
5-6 08:03
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I guess the way to go is to pair each combo on their own (with labels) and that way they just remember each other when they start up again. Thanks. Dymo machine ready ;)
5-6 08:46
Use props
Gooseman 2old
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 5-6 07:36
"But if you had two OP3s, call them OP3A and OP3B, and two Mic2s, call them mic2A and Mic2B, are you able to pair Mic2A with OP3A snd Mic2B with OP3B?"

Yes.

Thanks, this was what I was trying to get at. I was just afraid that powering up a second mic for a second OP3 would over ride the first paired camera/mic. But thinking about it, as long as I pair them independently, once paired they will just connect to the right mic each time. d'uh!

Thanks for pitching in, it's appreciated,
5-7 02:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We are glad you already got your answer.  If you need the user manual you can get it using the following link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf. Please feel free to contact us if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
5-8 01:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules