122 2 5-6 13:04
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adiemask
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185659 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Recently having acquired an Avata 2 after having flown the Mini, Air and Mavic series drones for some time, I set up the Avata 2 for my first flight, living in an authorized zone I applied for the unlock on the dji site and successfully received notification from DJI that the unlock code had been provided, a code having validity for three days
With the camera drones it is just a case of applying the code to the drone through the RC unit, this a once off process allowing me to power down the drone and RC unit and for it to still be available on powering up for the three days duration.

For the Avata 2 I have learnt that one applies the code to the drone by plugging in a phone to the goggles and running the DJI Fly app and once all logged in the code is available in the app and can be transferred to the drone which allows me to fly. On shut down and restart the code is no longer available and I have to go through the process of plugging in my phone to the goggles and reapplying the code, this every time I shut down and restart the Avata.

Am I doing something wrong, I would have thought I would have only to apply the code once as I am used to doing with the camera drones? As mentioned the code provided has a validity for three days!
5-6 13:04
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Adiemask. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. I'll keep you posted.
5-6 19:56
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that this is normal. You may click here for more information.
5-6 23:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules