Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlSo-Fotografie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 545820 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,

I noticed some very small and short vibrations in certain situations.
Here is an example @2:35. << not my footage.
Looks like the motors causing this right?
I am pretty sure that this was not caused by subsequent stabilization. Seems the gimbal mount is a tiny bit overwhelmed.

5-8 09:41
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 777917 ft
Ireland

This could be caused by many factors... Auto ISO/Shutter speed, rocksteady stabilization/gyroflow, but also bad design of gimbal attachement to the frame.  
5-8 14:20
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 984478 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Title says motion controller, but some shots look like manual mode? In that case the gimbal is obviously fixed and that certainly won't help. (Edit: I've read the comments and the author says it was sport mode with FPVRC3 and he blames prop wash while descending, but the timestamp you mentioned looks like he's slowly ascending.)

Anyway, this seems like the common effect of using EIS with a slow shutter speed. Not something you can physically avoid without a 3+ axis gimbal other than flying smoother and/or without gusty wind. Either that or forget about 180 degree rule and motion blur.
5-8 15:11
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Ireland

fichek Posted at 5-8 15:11
Title says motion controller, but some shots look like manual mode? In that case the gimbal is obviously fixed and that certainly won't help. (Edit: I've read the comments and the author says it was sport mode with FPVRC3 and he blames prop wash while descending, but the timestamp you mentioned looks like he's slowly ascending.)

Anyway, this seems like the common effect of using EIS with a slow shutter speed. Not something you can physically avoid without a 3+ axis gimbal other than flying smoother and/or without gusty wind. Either that or forget about 180 degree rule and motion blur.

I might be wrong, but I believe that "fixed" gimbal would help to reduce shaky video that can't be fixed with gyro data/rocksteady. The gimbal on avata2 isn't attached to the frame completely.. I was flying yesterday with moderate wind speed (around 30km/h), and I have micro vibrations on my footage that Gyroflow didn't smooth out ;/ I blame for that design of the gimbal.
5-8 22:09
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

player_87 Posted at 5-8 22:09
I might be wrong, but I believe that "fixed" gimbal would help to reduce shaky video that can't be fixed with gyro data/rocksteady. The gimbal on avata2 isn't attached to the frame completely.. I was flying yesterday with moderate wind speed (around 30km/h), and I have micro vibrations on my footage that Gyroflow didn't smooth out ;/ I blame for that design of the gimbal.

It's soft-mounted to avoid vibrations from the motors. You'd have jello at certain motor RPMs if it was fixed.

Were you using an ND filter? What was your shutter speed?
5-9 02:47
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Ireland

fichek Posted at 5-9 02:47
It's soft-mounted to avoid vibrations from the motors. You'd have jello at certain motor RPMs if it was fixed.

That actually makes sens. Thanks for clarifying.

Yes. I was using 32 ND filter, 30fps, 1/60 shutter speed + fast micro sd card. This was my first time recording in 30fps with Avata2... no previous problems in 60fps-1/120 ss. I will have to do more tests definitely.
5-10 14:32
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Ireland

fichek Posted at 5-9 02:47

5-10 14:44
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

player_87 Posted at 5-10 14:32
That actually makes sens. Thanks for clarifying.

Yes. I was using 32 ND filter, 30fps, 1/60 shutter speed + fast micro sd card. This was my first time recording in 30fps with Avata2... no previous problems in 60fps-1/120 ss. I will have to do more tests definitely.

Try increasing shutter speed by 50-100% and go with ND16 or 8. You will still have some motion blur left over and so inevitably will have blur across whole frames where shakes are present, but much less noticeable if not specifically looking for them.

180 degree shutter rule just isn't compatible with EIS if you can't guarantee footage that doesn't have any high-enough frequency shakes to cause full-frame blurring.
5-11 03:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules