Anyone used DJI OA3 to record 7 a side football at night time ?
1022 7 2023-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IQ05wQcUX1KX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I eant to use my OA3 to record 4K footage of my weekly 7 a side powerleague sessions but Im nit sure what the best settings are. Whenever I try record with everything set to auto on HDR mode the video is very fuzzy, and it doesnt look 4k at all. Not even 1080p.

What settings are best to record in low light modes. I have the handlebar attachment as well as the selfie stick with a tripod.
2023-5-11
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

It depends on how dark are we talking about. Are there any lights around the field? If you are on a tripod, you should turn off image stabilization since you don’t need it.

Fish has some videos in low light which look quite good.

2023-5-11
Use props
djiuser_IQ05wQcUX1KX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 5-11 03:34
It depends on how dark are we talking about. Are there any lights around the field? If you are on a tripod, you should turn off image stabilization since you don’t need it.

Fish has some videos in low light which look quite good.

Yes there are, usually floodlights you find in any other powerleague, but they arent as bright as the ones you find in actual football pitches, so its not really the best lighting.

Does poor lighting even effect the quality of the picture? Because aside from the picture being very dark, the quality is terrible.

And how does stabilisation affect quality ?

Thank you, I will check those videos out. Looks like I need to experiment alot.
2023-5-11
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Yes, poor light does affect the picture quality. In low light your ISO value will be quite high which introduce grain and noise.

Here's a very short article (albeit very old) about ISO and noise. There are much more elaborate articles, I just selected the first that came up. You can do more detailed research if you'd like.
https://www.whatdigitalcamera.co ... -light-images-12651

For good quality, you need low ISO value (eg 100-400). You can set that if you switch the camera to PRO mode and select Auto or Manual. But low ISO values require lots of light. So in dark environments you need a compromise.

If your camera is on a tripod, stabilization doesn't really do anything, it's just a waste of processing. Stabilization comes into play if the camera is moving but in that case you need adequate lighting for stabilization to work correctly.

I also got good results at dusk, albeit not complete darkness. The settings are in the description. This is different from yours because I was walking so the camera was moving and I used stabilization.

2023-5-11
Use props
djiuser_IQ05wQcUX1KX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 5-11 05:14
Yes, poor light does affect the picture quality. In low light your ISO value will be quite high which introduce grain and noise.

Here's a very short article (albeit very old) about ISO and noise. There are much more elaborate articles, I just selected the first that came up. You can do more detailed research if you'd like.

Okay, got that. So the camera being 4K is literally not important if the settings aren't correct.  

If I set the iso setting to low, do I need to play around with any other settings. Also is HDR better at low light or should I be recording in normal video ?
2023-5-11
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

If you look on youtube, you can literally find a bunch of videos on tips, settings, and footage if you search for eg “dji action 3 low light”. For example, this is a good one where he shows you the ISO values and corresponding quality. It doesn’t matter what resolution you film. The same rule/settings apply.

Or here is another one.

2023-5-11
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

2023-5-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here that already achieve this kind of work. Should you have other inquiries about the product, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules