Facing OM6 backward for Continuity Camera
915 2 2023-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheGushi
New

United States

Here there all,

I'd like to be able to use my new Osmo Mobile 6 on a desk to hold my camera while I'm using Continuity Camera for something like Facetime or Zoom.  This only works with the "main" cameras (not the selfie cameras), which means I want both the main camera -- and the controls -- to face me.  Continuity Camera can't use a third party camera app -- so I'm limited to the tools built in only to the gimbal, no auto-tracking.

This feels like something that could easily be enabled via a firmware tweak, especially because most of the time, the Osmo will be sitting on a desk and only adjusted using the controls slightly.

Now, there's two obvious ways to do this that don't involve new firmware:

1) put the clamp on the phone backwards (over the screen) but this feels somehow "wrong", like I'm going to scratch up the screen.

2) The osmo's on a desk, just point the controls away from you, and get used to reaching behind it and blindly fumbling the buttons.  But this also feels like a missing feature.

Has anyone else hit this?

2023-8-8
Use props
TheGushi
New

United States

Also, despite my phone having three rear-facing cameras, continuity camera doesn't have "zoom" or "focus" settings.  It's all "automatic".
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules