A3 Setup: Controller
1708 0 2016-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842283 ft

Hey Thrill Seekers,
I'm  not having a lot of luck finding good instructions on setting up the A3(Pro) in Assistant 2 Software.  The instructions under the "?" are not very detailed.  Before I put mucho $$ up in the air, I'd like to check a few assumptions with folks who might have been there.  

First of all, I'm using an older Futaba T10j that was setup on a quad with a Naza Controller until my 14SG shows up.  These are NOT futaba questions, so don't dump on my just yet.  OK?

In Basic Settings: Remote Controller (1st Page)
--The 3 position switch that was programed to Off/Control Lock / Home Lock was set to Gear.  I'm assuming it would pretty much do nothing.
--There is a knob that ran the pitch on the gimbal that was set to Home.  I'm assuming that is the function that actually sets homelock.  Is that right?

What I did:
--Reset the channel for the Home Position to respond to the 3 position switch.
--Reset the channel for the little rotating knob to map it to K1

So my questions:
1)  When I flip the 3 position switch  that is mapped to HOME, I can see it toggle from top/middle/bottom.  Does that mean we DO have access to both IOC modes?  On the Flight Settings: IOC page it looks like those functions are only available when using LB2.  When I change my other 3 position switch from GPS to Attitude to Failsafe, all the sticks go blank when I get to Failsafe...BUT in the lower left of the window it does say I'm in failsafe mode.  
     So what is the deal with IOC setup.  
2) Adjusting Gains
     As I said, I set the little knob to K1 an I see that when I set a basic gain position to respond to K1  and I see the basic gain value in the first column the % change in the 2nd and the resulting gain value in the 3rd.  IF I guess correctly, we'd want to adjust in the air, land, connect to Assistant 2, then put the 3rd column value in the first column and deactivate the K1 response.  And repeat the process through each axis.  Right?
    What is the Sensitivity gain...and how/when do I adjust it?
    For attitude Gain, there seems to be no way to adjust this mid air.  Am I right?

That should do it.  I'd welcome your input and if there is an actual manual for Assistant 2, I'd love to see that as well.

Share your thoughts.
2016-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules