Theft block (suggestion)
641 4 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

There is some persons loosing there drones (discussed in some threds on this forum). I don't know if this have been discussed before.

The reason for you loss might be different, fly aways, and perhaps later discovered by someone else or some one stealing it.

Below I have some assumptions.
1. When you activate you aircraft the Serial number is sent to DJI
2. There is a match between RC and Aircraft at that point.

3. DJI have records of SN of Aircrafts.

If you for some reason loose you aircraft you can Email/online register the loss of the aircraft with some confirmation with passwords and other information
To avoid that someone else locks your Aircraft.

The Aircraft could then when it comes "online" again be "locked" as if was not activated as in step 1 above. If it's not matched with the proper RC.
If you "activate" the theft block you should of course be able to "unlock" if you find your Aircraft at a later stage.

Don't know if it's possible today but a suggestion to stop some "bad guys" at least.

My 2 cents

2016-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There are a couple of things wrong here, firstly, and most importantly, DJI have refused in the past to become involved in anything to do with the aircraft serial numbers. They will not help people locate their aircraft or do anything to put a lock on them.

Then there is the issue of linking a new control unit to an existing aircraft, it can be done quite simply and without requiring any internet access, so there is no way it can be locked out.
2016-11-7
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-7 23:03
There are a couple of things wrong here, firstly, and most importantly, DJI have refused in the past ...

This first one is essential of natural reasons.

I think a company over time must compete with different services that makes them stand out more in the competition. I don't know how owners would like to have a thing like this.

The other one is some changes in software can't be that hard to be honest.

2016-11-7
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-7 23:03
There are a couple of things wrong here, firstly, and most importantly, DJI have refused in the past ...

I think a company over time must compete with different services that makes them stand out more in the competition. I don't know how owners would like to have a thing like this.

The other one is some changes in software can't be that hard to be honest.

2016-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Flybee Posted at 2016-11-8 17:29

I think a company over time must compete with di ...

Unfortunately DJI do not give reasons.
2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules