Drone smashes into wedding guest's in New Hampshire
1527 16 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Drone Smashes into New Hampshire Wedding Guests’ FacesTwo women are suing the groom.
There’s nothing like a good drone video—the bird’s eye view, the majestic swooping—to turn something ordinary into a cinematic experience. Like foliage? How about foliage from a drone. Like your city’s skyline? It’s better via drone.
This isn’t always the case, though. There are dangers inherent to the drone-filming process, and now we have a cautionary tale from the great state of New Hampshire to prove it.
Here’s what happened. A couple getting married at Searles Castle in Windham decided to use a drone to film their special day, like more and more people are doing now that drone technology is relatively cheap and ubiquitous. Something went wrong, and the helicopter-like device came clattering down on the heads of a few revelers (the Herald reports that it “slammed into their faces”). Two women are concussed, and pissed. And now, they’re suing.

What an unfortunate turn of events.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-10
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Flying inside a tent full of people. It was bound to go bad.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It is quite unfortunate, though it seems as that no one want to own up to who was in control of the aircraft at the time.
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-10 17:45
It is quite unfortunate, though it seems as that no one want to own up to who was in control of the aircraft at the time.

What a cop out. My hands weren't on the controller when it crashed, he said, so how could blame be placed? Haha

That's a good one. Go tell the judge that... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-12-10 17:23
Flying inside a tent full of people. It was bound to go bad.

I was watching it unfold, waiting for the disaster to happen. It didn't take long either. Very short flight...

We will be interested in the verdict, and subsequent sentencing hearing. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-12-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-11 01:20
What a cop out. My hands weren't on the controller when it crashed, he said, so how could blame be placed? Haha

That's a good one. Go tell the judge that... ;-)

Litchi ?
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Well yeah, that takes all the blame off of DJI too. A third party app and a second rate pilot.

Awesome combo...

We should all be so lucky.  Haha

And the band played on... ;-)

Here comes the bride, all bloody, as she cried!!

RedHotPoker

2016-12-10
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 19:32
Well yeah, that takes all the blame off of DJI too. A third part app and a second rate pilot.

Awesome combo...

Since DJI allows their API's and other info in their app for use by third party apps sorry to say DJI remains a culpable Party. Now if they didn't allow this practice and said third party stole the information then DJI has a Defense.
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-10 18:45
Since DJI allows their API's and other info in their app for use by third party apps sorry to say DJI remains a culpable Party. Now if they didn't allow this practice and said third party stole the information then DJI has a Defense.

Warranty Scope: The DJI product warranty does not cover operational errors, improper use, incidents while using third party apps, water damage, hardware maintenance or modification. DJI does not guarantee (whether expressed or implied) against personal property damage or personal injury as a result of operational errors, unsuitable uses or non-infringement implicit guarantee. DJI will charge for repair of any items not covered within the scope of its warranty. Repair price will be provided before work is completed. Non-warranty repair work will only be completed once full payment is received.

To be sure, crash it using one, and send it in. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 20:01
Warranty Scope: The DJI product warranty does not cover operational errors, improper use, incidents while using third party apps, water damage, hardware maintenance or modification. DJI does not guarantee (whether expressed or implied) against personal property damage or personal injury as a result of operational errors, unsuitable uses or non-infringement implicit guarantee. DJI will charge for repair of any items not covered within the scope of its warranty. Repair price will be provided before work is completed. Non-warranty repair work will only be completed once full payment is received.

To be sure, crash it using one, and send it in. Ha

While your statement may cover work done on the Drone by DJI, I does not cover the Laws of culpability Since DJI has allowed open use of their program by supplying the said API's and other info inside their program (Source Code) to third party app's They remain a culpable party. Company Warranties are just like regulations they are not law(s) and by no means gets them off of Said Hook. Just pointing out facts.
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-10 19:20
While your statement may cover work done on the Drone by DJI, I does not cover the Laws of culpability Since DJI has allowed open use of their program by supplying the said API's and other info inside their program to third party app's They remain a culpable party. Company Warranties are just like regulations they are not law(s) and by no means gets them off of Said Hook. Just pointing out facts.

Yeah, I get that. As was I... Just saying. But to be specific, SDK isn't an excuse to repair at no cost. You use them apps at your own risk. Regardless.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 21:22
Yeah, I get that. As was I... Just saying. But to be specific, SDK isn't an excuse to repair at no cost. You use them apps at your own risk. Regardless.

I've bad mouthed Litchi since day one being a Third party app. I have told the folks over and over again that Litchi programmers are not DJI Programmers And that Litchi doesn't have Paid programmers working with DJI Programmers, well at least i hope they don't. I just pray that DJI's next Phantom 4 Standard firmware update address  the next to nill Live video feed fixed. And i'm not sending the drone in for bad firmware updates only to get contacted back with a "It's going to cost X amount for repairs when the only thing going on is the Bad Live video feed that firmware knocked out. Believe me i've read enough threads with this issue and heard all the folks that sent their drones in only to have sent that said Message above and it's on parts that were never in dispute. But now I have also developed the Clicky skratchy choppy gimbal glitch now to. Which also i believe was caused by Firmware update making the Gimbal Over rotate during start and warm up  and dislodging the seated Gimbal power strip. I Have never crashed the drone, Dropped the drone, or even landed the drone because the camera is only a inch off the ground The only 3 times (very first day) that i landed the drone was on Clear clean concrete and in watching it land gave me the idea that all it would have to do is land on an inch and a half sized rock and bingo Operator error so i have hand caught it ever since..... Peace.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-10 20:44
I've bad mouthed Litchi since day one being a Third party app. I have told the folks over and over again that Litchi programmers are not DJI Programmers And that Litchi doesn't have Paid programmers working with DJI Programmers, well at least i hope they don't. I just pray that DJI's next Phantom 4 Standard firmware update address  the next to nill Live video feed fixed. And i'm not sending the drone in for bad firmware updates only to get contacted back with a "It's going to cost X amount for repairs when the only thing going on is the Bad Live video feed that firmware knocked out. Believe me i've read enough threads with this issue and heard all the folks that sent their drones in only to have sent that said Message above and it's on parts that were never in dispute. But now I have also developed the Clicky skratchy choppy gimbal glitch now to. Which also i believe was caused by Firmware update making the Gimbal Over rotate during start and warm up  and dislodging the seated Gimbal power strip. I Have never crashed the drone, Dropped the drone, or even landed the drone because the camera is only a inch off the ground The only 3 times (very first day) that i landed the drone was on Clear clean concrete and in watching it land gave me the idea that all it would have to do is land on an inch and a half sized rock and bingo Operator error so i have hand caught it ever since..... Peace.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I never used any other apps but the delightful DJI Pilot~Go. It's always been much more than I need, even in the early days of my drone... The majority of my flights, I just fly it, and usually leave the video camera rolling. I enjoy watching my Phantom 3 Pro', 4K video of my flights, and seeing the broad landscape and awesome scenery from that elevated height. My drone has been excemplary, and never given me any problems or concerns, I fly it hard, but land it gently.
I've never even thought about a hand catch scenario, but do pay particular attention to my surtoundings before taking off, realizing I may have to land it in a slightly different spot than where it took off from.  Now with a Plasticase Nanuk 945 case, I have a decently sized take off - landing zone, that provides a stable and comfortably sized platform.

I have no complaints, and only frequent the forum to offer assistance, guidance and basic info, in hopes of helping others here enjoy their drones, as much as I have done with mine. It's been a lot of fun, and I have made several new good friends, from all points of the spinning globe, in this most enjoyable mission. ;-)
Wishing you and everyone here, a positive and most enjoyable experience with your various DJI drones as well.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-10 22:43
I never used any other apps but the delightful DJI Pilot~Go. It's always been much more than I need, even in the early days of my drone... The majority of my flights, I just fly it, and usually leave the video camera rolling. I enjoy watching my Phantom 3 Pro', 4K video of my flights, and seeing the broad landscape and awesome scenery from that elevated height. My drone has been excemplary, and never given me any problems or concerns, I fly it hard, but land it gently.
I've never even thought about a hand catch scenario, but do pay particular attention to my surtoundings before taking off, realizing I may have to land it in a slightly different spot than where it took off from.  Now with a Plasticase Nanuk 945 case, I have a decently sized take off - landing zone, that provides a stable and comfortably sized platform.

Yeah i looked at the Nanuk cases but didn't see one where the props stay on, So i bought the Case Club Waterproof DJI Phantom 4 Drone Wheeled Case with Silica Gel (Propellers On) case. That saves the Spring locks for the props to not wear out so fast having to de-prop the drone after almost every flight only changing a broken prop if that ever happens and inspection of the plastic locking tongs that lock into the props themselves is the only time i have to press down on the props for removal. God i hope things get fixed because if I want to fly any kind of distance i have to fly it by Map view Which also in Update 1.8 the Map quit moving with the drone. Drone cursor flies off map and when you move map it becomes out of sync with the direction of the nose of the cursor pointing away from your return to home route. Please bring me an update.  
I was hit with three major problems with Firmware Update 1.8 I don't even know if any of the special automated flight functions even work, Haven't tried them since Version 1.6 That i can not roll back to, Fails every time, So pretty stuck i am. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Not sure what you may have looked at, but here's a web pic... image.jpeg

With room to spare for leaving the rotor blades/props installed on the Phantom 3 Pro.
That's one of the reasons I love mine, besides the six battery slots and room to leave one battery in my Phantom.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-11
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Safety Is always 1st
2016-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, perhaps he should have used the prop guards. ;-)

Nothing like thinking ahead, to avoid someone losing theirs. Haha

Perhaps the actual wedding video will be used as the prosecutor evidence?

RedHotPoker

2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules