5210 33 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

Update Reddit 1-9-17 https://www.reddit.com/r/djiphan ... _p4p_rapid_support/
I contacted chat support today and was told my email is in queue. But how is this Rapid Support for such a small repair case?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello I crashed my P4P 3rd day and have noob questions : )))

I have DJI care refresh and I am on https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/CaseInformation
and the only option it seems is to send the whole P4P in for replacement.

Q#1: Has anyone had any luck requesting parts, instead of sending the whole drone in for repeair? (shipping a whole drone from hawaii 2 ways seems like a waste)

3 Pieces missing: Front LED, 2 white plasitc pieces (1inch below the left front and rear obstacle sensor)

The front LED has no connectors and just pops in, the 2 white plastic pieces are also just pop ins.

front led

front led

white plastic cover

white plastic cover

Q#2 Any Pro Tips for cleaning the lens and checking for scratches? IMG_20161205_155326.jpg IMG_20161205_155501.jpg

Q#3: Is the battery still safe to use after touching a tree branch 10 feet up then crashing into grass/bushes? It did not seem like a high impact landing :p at all, no dents just 3 plastic pieces popped out.

Thanks for any answers/help !!

2016-12-5
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Also not sure if ironic or not but I would figure one of the 4 propellers would have broken before 3 parts of the P4P start popping off. All 4 propellers are fine, a few scuffs. First phantom and it has been alot of fun!!

Crash was in p-mode, flying left to right in the same spots about 10 times, (I noticed the phantom kept going lower and lower each time and it did not stay at the same altitude). I guess I should have been in tripod so the side sensors worked : (((
2016-12-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I don't think they supply parts, especially with a new model that is not even in the stores yet or at dealers who can get parts.

Best bet is to send it in as they will give it a go over.  Seems most who crash have other internal problems where once they do fix it, it still will not work right.  Likely they will just replace your drone with a refurb model too.

Good luck!
2016-12-5
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-5 17:44
I don't think they supply parts, especially with a new model that is not even in the stores yet or at dealers who can get parts.

Best bet is to send it in as they will give it a go over.  Seems most who crash have other internal problems where once they do fix it, it still will not work right.  Likely they will just replace your drone with a refurb model too.

Thanks for the reply !!

A. I send it in and DJI pays $100-200 hawaii shipping to replace 3 pieces that popped off.
B. They send a small package with the 3 pieces that popped off.
(It is not like I am working on the phantom with a screwdriver or anything). The pieces the popped off are like attaching a propeller "snap on and off".

Oh and I still flew the phantom after, since it only crashed 10 feet into short bushes and I wanted to check it.
Flight was still perfect, calibration worked, all sensors worked, checked some intelligent flight modes even. Checked everything that I could think off.

I was just worried about the battery, because I read the battery safety manual. And was looking for pro lens cleaning tips !! : ))))

2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your crash, Chris.
I'd suggest you to send it in for fixing. It's better to let our engineers evaluate your drone.
2016-12-5
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the reply. I did contact the repair team today. Did not figure flying into short bushes/shrubs needed evaluation if the P4P fly's perfectly and is fine.

Q: Would you or anyone know if the Front LED and the 2 white plastic caps (landing gear covers) (in the pictures above) that both snap in are the same as the standard Phantom 4?

Thanks again !!!
Just found the Front LED cover that popped off: http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-led-cover

Also found the plastic white caps for landing gear: http://www.multicopterwarehouse. ... g5rh8kHAaAk6R8P8HAQ

Is the Front LED cover and 4 plastic white caps (landing gear covers) from the Phantom 4 compatible with the P4P (Pro)? Thanks : )))

2016-12-6
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Sorry for your crash, but may i ask how your crash happened?
Indoor sports mode?

Edit: Nvm i just read the last bit, well that's unfortunate
2016-12-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-12-6 11:08
Sorry for your crash, but may i ask how your crash happened?
Indoor sports mode?

Comment #2 "Crash was in p-mode, flying left to right in the same spots about 10 times, (I noticed the phantom kept going lower and lower each time and it did not stay at the same altitude). I guess I should have been in tripod so the side sensors worked : ((("

And hahah no not indoors : p

Outside about 10 feet up just flying left to right around 20 feet. Touched a small twig/branch (I have seen Mavic Pros and other Phantoms fight with trees !!!).
Not mine, after it hit, it lowered a foot and and flew right and down less than 15 feet into some bushes/shrubs.
2016-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

You can buy led covers on dji store I think you can also buy your lens cover the two small white door things I've seen people loose these before and dji have sent them out replacements, try contact dji Ken he might have more news for you , I think after crash you should do IMU and gimbal calibration and check everything else is working..
2016-12-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-6 12:01
You can buy led covers on dji store I think you can also buy your lens cover the two small white door things I've seen people loose these before and dji have sent them out replacements, try contact dji Ken he might have more news for you , I think after crash you should do IMU and gimbal calibration and check everything else is working..

Thanks for the info !! I did the IMU calibration I believe and flew around more already low to check everything out. Will do the gimbal calibration as well.

Comment #8: Found the *LED cover* and landing gear/4 plastic covers for phantom 4, you think they are compatible with the phantom 4 pro?
2016-12-6
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Chris Posted at 2016-12-6 03:20
Also not sure if ironic or not but I would figure one of the 4 propellers would have broken before 3 parts of the P4P start popping off. All 4 propellers are fine, a few scuffs. First phantom and it has been alot of fun!!

Crash was in p-mode, flying left to right in the same spots about 10 times, (I noticed the phantom kept going lower and lower each time and it did not stay at the same altitude). I guess I should have been in tripod so the side sensors worked : (((

Flying left to right like that reduces lift. If you noticed the phantom going lower each time why didn't you increase the altitude pushing the left stick up to maintain height? I don't think P-Mode is the same as Beginner Mode.
2016-12-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-6 12:55
Flying left to right like that reduces lift. If you noticed the phantom going lower each time why didn't you increase the altitude pushing the left stick up to maintain height? I don't think P-Mode is the same as Beginner Mode.

Yes that is what I was figuring out (reducing lift), testing and figuring stuff out (first phantom). I was raising the phantom then trying it again. I did know that P-mode does not enable the side sensors, like tripod or beginner mode does enable the side sensors. My final left I accidentally went to close to the tree and touched a small branch then flew 10ish feet down into bush/shrubs : ((((
2016-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Hungary

Chris Posted at 2016-12-6 23:45
Thanks for the info !! I did the IMU calibration I believe and flew around more already low to check everything out. Will do the gimbal calibration as well.

Comment #8: Found the lens cover and landing gear + covers for phantom 4, you think they are compatible with the phantom 4 pro?

Lens cover is not the same as P4 leds covers are, they should be able to send you a p4p lens cover and white filler pieces, as I said contact dji Ken maybe send him a PM he might organize for you.
2016-12-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

UPDATE #1 - Wrong parts sent : (Looks like a different model of phantom Front LED and landing gear covers were sent.

Did not expect this long of a DJI Care Refresh wait time for the wrong parts to come. (Would have been longer if I sent in, Shipping to time + evaluation)
Case accepted 12-7, shipped 12-26, delivered 12-29

2016-12-29
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Anyone else have issues with repairs?
2016-12-31
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Update #2 1-6-17 still no reply.

12-6 Case startded
12-7 Accepted
12-26 Parts shipped
12-29 Wrong parts delivered
12-29 contacted about P4 parts sent instead of P4P parts : (
1-6-17 Still no response (over a week now)

Spent $1500 on a P4P and even paid the extra $149 for DJI Care Refresh!
Disappointed with DJI support so far.
2017-1-6
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

So u got p4 parts? The landing gear covers are exact smae and so are led covers!!! The only thing that is different in reference to your crash was the camera lens
2017-1-6
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

And if u want to use dji care refresh u are going to have to send it in bro!!!
2017-1-6
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

that's too bad they sent the wrong parts I am sure they will work something out with you I also wish more people would talk better about this company
2017-1-6
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Were the original parts broken or just popped out? Should have been easy to find.
2017-1-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-1-6 06:32
So u got p4 parts? The landing gear covers are exact smae and so are led covers!!! The only thing that is different in reference to your crash was the camera lens

How are they the same if they do not fit? -_- Pictures in comment #18
2017-1-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-1-6 06:55
that's too bad they sent the wrong parts I am sure they will work something out with you I also wish more people would talk better about this company

I also wish I was not disappointing with support! DJI packs the most features in a drone but with their current support you better not run into any issues : (

Not sure how it took over 3 weeks for 3 tiny plastic pieces to be sent. Then on top wrong parts, then now another week without even a reply from support. : (
2017-1-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-1-6 08:11
Were the original parts broken or just popped out? Should have been easy to find.

Trust me I did look. My P4P went into bushes/shrubs/tall grass on a small slope.

A small clear piece, and 2 tiny white caps and found none. (even if broken I imagine it would have been very easy to fix with tape/glue)
2017-1-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Update #3 Reddit 1-9-17
https://www.reddit.com/r/djiphan ... _p4p_rapid_support/

I contacted chat support today and was told my email is in queue. But how is this Rapid Support for such a small repair case?

2017-1-9
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Update #4 1-10-17
With DJI Tech Support chat yesterday they said they would follow up. Today I got an email asking me to show how I install the item on the unit.

The pictures clearly shows I was sent different phantom series parts sent instead of Phantom 4 Pro parts.
#1 The indent on the legs and the cover is also a little taller.
#2 the round + smooth P4P LED cover with small clip vs indent/dip + grid pattern on the other.

2017-1-10
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-10 15:48
Best advice with a large company is not to try to make them go outside of their normal SOP to save a few days of shipping or whatnot.   It never works and always ends up fubar.  At least in my experience.

Thanks for the reply, that might have worked. But a few days of shipping?

A few days of shipping + 22 days (12-7 to 12-29) + something else could have gone wrong (just like sending the wrong parts in the first place).

+no reason to ship an entire Phantom 4 Pro from Hawaii and then back for 3 plastic pieces worth 50 cents.

2017-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

[quote]Chris Posted at 2016-12-6 12:57
Thanks for the reply. I did contact the repair team today. Did not figure flying into short bushes/shrubs needed evaluation if the P4P fly's perfectly and is fine.

Hope everything works out good luck.
2017-1-10
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-10 16:49
Quote:

+no reason to ship an entire Phantom 4 Pro from Hawaii and then back for 3 plastic pieces worth 50 cents.

My thoughts were NOT save 2 days shipping to the repair center.

My thoughts were; save DJI $100 shipping to and from Hawaii.
2nd thought was to avoid additional problems in shipping and in repairing, etc.

I am unsure how the DJI Repair Center could not send parts for the Phantom 4 Pro.

Also I am not upset, just disappointed and was updating my experience.
2017-1-10
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-10 17:05
You have dji care, it's their shipping cost, who cares what it costs them?  HI is always at max 2 days air to the mainland unless you deliberately try to ship freight type items via the sea.    Anyhow, you tried to circumnavigate SOP and it's fubar.

Hopefully the awesome mods here get this sorted for you.  Good luck

The more it costs DJI, the more it will cost us eventually. I am surprised DJI Care Refresh even offers free shipping to Hawaii.

And thank you, I hope the correct small 3 plastic pieces get sent soon and if there is a next time it will not be 5+ weeks and still ongoing.
2017-1-10
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

Regardless what Gambino said in post 21, those parts are different, I own a P4 and a P4Pro, believe me, they are different parts !
2017-1-10
Use props
fansf3cc1668
New

United States

You are correct.  I own both the P4 and P4P.  The landing gear is completely different.  I can't find P4P landing gear anywhere.  Even DJI support has no clue.
2017-1-10
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Update #5 1-11-17
Another 2-3 weeks. Total time to receive 3 small plastic parts worth 50 cents will be roughly 2 months : (

"Dear Chris,  
Thank you for providing that information.  DJI of North America would like to assist with the small part request process.
Your case number is: CAS
If you're located in America and Canada, where UPS can reach to, we'll send you the requested small parts in approximately 2 - 3 weeks.
I believe that the correct part will be deliver to you. Thank you so much for cooperation and patience in this matter.
Best Regards,
DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT
2017-1-11
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
United States

Update #6 1-18-17 wrong parts sent twice now after support confirmed 3 times the correct parts were being sent.

2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chris Posted at 2017-1-18 17:26
Update #6 1-18-17 wrong parts sent twice now after support confirmed 3 times the correct parts were being sent.

I can understand how frustrating this must be, Chris.
Thanks for bring this to our attention and we will keep improving the service.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules