123Next >
10923 86 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

I get the wind warning also...almost every time I fly, and sometimes, there is not any wind.   I can see trees near me that are 85-90 ft tall and the leaves are not moving, yet I get a wind warning when I'm 25 ft off the ground.  Very annoying.  I even made a post about it a few weeks ago.  
2017-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CH4T6 Posted at 2017-11-23 18:11
His/her argument is perfect.  Real airplanes don't blast the pilot with stupid ass wind warnings over and over and over again.  As a pilot (since 1997) I don't need repeated wind speed alerts.  I know the wind speed before I take off and I keep up with any wind speed changes throughout the flight BUT if some crazy blast of wind comes out of absolutely nowhere and someone feels the need to warn me about it I only need to hear or see the warning once.  Anymore than that is insulting.  Same goes for DJI: if the quad determines the wind speed is a hazard then it can tell me once.  I don't need to be told 187 times in the next two minutes.  You, on the other hand, sound like someone who might just be so stupid as to need repeated warnings.  This is why someone like you should be flying sponge copters from Toys R US instead of real ones.

“...There are too many idiots in this world. And having said it, I have the burden of proving it.”
2017-11-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

CH4T6 Posted at 2017-11-23 17:51
You're an idiot.  The wind warning appears when the damn machine is 10 ft. off the ground in 5 mph wind.  Yes, dumbass, it does!  Over and over and over and over and over again. So shut your stupid face.

A little rough aren't you?
Really the worst user in here is this one, but here You might find a user really adding value to the place by participation.
2017-11-25
Use props
Kevin2462
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1806867 ft
United States

They do suck but could be worse please help the p4p owners out and straighen out the djigo4 app.Klee
2017-11-26
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never seem to have false wind warnings. I wonder why some do.
2017-11-29
Use props
fans3f45181b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168540 ft
United States

These warning messages are very annoying, specially if you are trying to take pictures. They keep showing up all the time. PLEASE,  we should have the option to turn off/on the messages!
2017-11-30
Use props
OOO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3319262 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-11-22 16:35
As I mentioned in the initial post, I also fly an Inspire 1 and do not get any of these messages. Yes, this craft is geared more towards the professional, that is to say for use in commercial situations, and I never get any of these warnings. Yes, I know, it's a different app all together but still, come on. I suppose the DJI Go app (not the GO 4 app) is designed more for the PROFESSIONAL but if that is the case, then REMOVE the word PRO from Phantom 4 PRO if we are going to get all these ridiculous and childish warnings. If this craft is truley inteded for professional use than we really do not need all the hand holding. I was flying the other day in 5 mph winds and got the wind warning popup. I can not tell you how distracting all this crap is on my screen. If you are using a smart phone than your screen real estate is even more precious. I don't need this crap popping up on my screen while I am trying to get a shot. I NEED to see the view, not this nonsensical warnings.

As for the beginner, I would think that all these message would freak someone out who is first learning to fly. Could you imagine trying to learn how to fly a plane with warning buzzers going off every few seconds. I for one would just give up or invest in some noise canceling headphones. LOL .  Probably a bad analogy but you get my point.  Maybe I should just put some gaffer tape on the upper left corner of my screen. Problem solved.

I agree with you. I crushed my first drone (MP) 9 months ago. Multiple error messages popped up simultaneously on my iPhone 5s screen when the drone went into ATTI mode. I was closing the messages one by one but they were popping up again and again. At that critical time, instead of trying to save the aircraft I was dealing with those messages because I could hardly see the screen. Disoriented, confused and finally crushed.
2017-11-30
Use props
fansbe81dd51
lvl.2
Canada

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-22 03:33
Safety is at first place, that's why these messages appears. Some of us said that they are fricking, other will blame DJI for missing some warning messages ... people are just crazy with no excuses!

Repetitive warning messages are dangerous. They distract from flying.
2017-12-6
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally figured out how to get into the parameters to adjust the wind warnings. From what I can tell, you are basically changing the settings from 6 and 9 MPH (assuming that it is MPH) to some higher value such as 25. I am speculating that now the warnings will not go off unless the wind is at 25mph or better. Perhaps I am giving the system more credit that it is due and these numbers are just arbitrary but either way, increasing them is suppose to get rid of the warnings which I am DYING to do. It is 11:26 PM here so will not know until I test tomorrow. I will keep you posted for those interested.
2017-12-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are doing this via the debug mode then its no longer possible unless you downgrade the firmware

I agree with most of the others in here, constant warnings re wind or interference  is  far from needed and distracts from the users concentration and can be very dangerous
To prove my point, i had the very  same yesterday, i had an message come up, i had to tick the box and click the button, in that time i had  messages come up to and then i
lost connection with the aircraft, it carried on on its own for 100m then initiated landing.

My main concern is like i said above, untold messages for the same thing over an over again, i have seen them come up like in a  scroll, just continuous  scrolling, No need DJI
How about 1 beep, 1 message per 100m or if the user cancels the message then no more reporting for tha message type per 100m (just an example, dont shoot me) this is for the wind and interference only,  
2017-12-12
Use props
JanvanderKnaap
lvl.1
Netherlands

So much this. It is annoying, intrusive, distracting. There should be an option to disable all these annoying warnings and disclaimers. Stop policing your customers.
2017-12-13
Use props
JanvanderKnaap
lvl.1
Netherlands

Safety is at first place, that's why these messages appears. Some of us said that they are fricking, other will blame DJI for missing some warning messages ... people are just crazy with no excuses!

The experienced DJI customer should be able to switch off all warnings. I flew hundreds of hours and dont want to be bothered and distracted by these pop ups. Also I don't want to be forced to tick two "agree" boxes before every flight. Stop policing customers and stop treating the experienced as newbies.
2017-12-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI .. better do an app without audio/video editors that eat the resources of any device ....  better do a simply version TO PILOT !! not to edit video and join F... social NETWORKS .... I LL eDIT VIDEOS & join these in my PC

simply as that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2017-12-13
Use props
OOO
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-25 04:54
Really the worst user in here is this one, but here You might find a user really adding value to the place by participation.

Why do you think that I'm the worst user?
2017-12-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

OOO Posted at 2017-12-13 02:17
Why you think that I'm the worst user?

Are we not all?
Did you check the next link :-)
2017-12-13
Use props
OOO
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-13 02:33
Are we not all?
Did you check the next link :-)

Can you please double check the links both are linked to my profile.
2017-12-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

OOO Posted at 2017-12-13 02:38
Can you please double check the links both are linked to my profile.

No they are linking to any users profile
2017-12-13
Use props
OOO
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-13 02:40
No they are linking to any users profile

Thanks for the explanation.
2017-12-13
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

As I mentioned in the initial post, I also fly an Inspire 1 and do not get any of these messages. Yes, this craft is geared more towards the professional, that is to say for use in commercial situations, and I never get any of these warnings. Yes, I know, it's a different app all together but still, come on. I suppose the DJI Go app (not the GO 4 app) is designed more for the PROFESSIONAL but if that is the case, then REMOVE the word PRO from Phantom 4 PRO if we are going to get all these ridiculous and childish warnings. If this craft is truley inteded for professional use than we really do not need all the hand holding. I was flying the other day in 5 mph winds and got the wind warning popup. I can not tell you how distracting all this crap is on my screen. If you are using a smart phone than your screen real estate is even more precious. I don't need this crap popping up on my screen while I am trying to get a shot. I NEED to see the view, not this nonsensical warnings.

As for the beginner, I would think that all these message would freak someone out who is first learning to fly. Could you imagine trying to learn how to fly a plane with warning buzzers going off every few seconds. I for one would just give up or invest in some noise canceling headphones. LOL .  Probably a bad analogy but you get my point.  Maybe I should just put some gaffer tape on the upper left corner of my screen. Problem solved.

Excuse me, but the P4 series is not " truely intended for  professional use". They are listed, along with the Mavics and Sparks, in the "Consumer" section...
2017-12-13
Use props
OOO
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

JanvanderKnaap Posted at 2017-12-13 01:54
So much this. It is annoying, intrusive, distracting. There should be an option to disable all these annoying warnings and disclaimers. Stop policing your customers.

You repeated this message 3 times. It is annoying and distracting
2017-12-13
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-13 02:06
DJI .. better do an app without audio/video editors that eat the resources of any device ....  better do a simply version TO PILOT !! not to edit video and join F... social NETWORKS .... I LL eDIT VIDEOS & join these in my PC

simply as that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [view_image]

Nebuchadnezzar,
LMAO. I love that. That is a keeper and you are right on with all the bells and whistle crap they put in the app.
2017-12-13
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-12-13 04:46
Excuse me, but the P4 series is not " truely intended for  professional use". They are listed, along with the Mavics and Sparks, in the "Consumer" section...

Yes you are correct, but then if that is the case than why have the word "PRO" in the naming of the product? When I see that, I feel it is safe to expect a product for Professional use.
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As I mentioned in the initial post, I also fly an Inspire 1 and do not get any of these messages. Yes, this craft is geared more towards the professional, that is to say for use in commercial situations, and I never get any of these warnings. Yes, I know, it's a different app all together but still, come on. I suppose the DJI Go app (not the GO 4 app) is designed more for the PROFESSIONAL but if that is the case, then REMOVE the word PRO from Phantom 4 PRO if we are going to get all these ridiculous and childish warnings. If this craft is truley inteded for professional use than we really do not need all the hand holding. I was flying the other day in 5 mph winds and got the wind warning popup. I can not tell you how distracting all this crap is on my screen. If you are using a smart phone than your screen real estate is even more precious. I don't need this crap popping up on my screen while I am trying to get a shot. I NEED to see the view, not this nonsensical warnings.

As for the beginner, I would think that all these message would freak someone out who is first learning to fly. Could you imagine trying to learn how to fly a plane with warning buzzers going off every few seconds. I for one would just give up or invest in some noise canceling headphones. LOL .  Probably a bad analogy but you get my point.  Maybe I should just put some gaffer tape on the upper left corner of my screen. Problem solved.

Ahh good idea don’t give beginners warnings while flying, just wait until they crash and tell them you didn’t want to freak them out, what a clever idea.
2017-12-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-12-13 08:52
Nebuchadnezzar,
LMAO. I love that. That is a keeper and you are right on with all the bells and whistle crap they put in the app.

tHANKS U SO MUCH
2017-12-13
Use props
JamesWhenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

I too am tired of seeing these pop ups.
2017-12-13
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-12-13 08:54
Yes you are correct, but then if that is the case than why have the word "PRO" in the naming of the product? When I see that, I feel it is safe to expect a product for Professional use.

There are tons of items with the "Pro" in their name and buyers do not expects them to be of  real "professional" grade... they buy them because they like to think of themselves -or that others think of them- as "professionals".  Go look at the Matrice 600 Pro. Is it the same class of the P4P? Or is the Inspire  -which does not have a "Pro" attached to its name- a lesser product than the P4P?  
2017-12-13
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

JanvanderKnaap Posted at 2017-12-13 02:01
The experienced DJI customer should be able to switch off all warnings. I flew hundreds of hours and dont want to be bothered and distracted by these pop ups. Also I don't want to be forced to tick two "agree" boxes before every flight. Stop policing customers and stop treating the experienced as newbies.

Excuse me, if you don't want to see messages, you better don't fly
2017-12-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-12-13 13:03
There are tons of items with the "Pro" in their name and buyers do not expects them to be of  real "professional" grade... they buy them because they like to think of themselves -or that others think of them- as "professionals".  Go look at the Matrice 600 Pro. Is it the same class of the P4P? Or is the Inspire  -which does not have a "Pro" attached to its name- a lesser product than the P4P?

If you read the advertisement of the 4 Pro, you would have no reason to think that DJI is not seeing it as a professional product, the word professional is repeated several times.
Having one of the best cameras offered also point it against being a professional device, i don't think that size or prize should be what make the difference and only using a MC for transportation size matter.

But all in all it is very simple, let the users make the choice of seeing all those false warnings or not, then the poster above can be happy having them and all the rest of us enjoy not get disturbed of them.
2017-12-15
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Vendex Posted at 2017-12-13 15:36
Excuse me, if you don't want to see messages, you better don't fly

Well with an argument like that i guess CH4T6 wasn't that wrong anyway even it can be said much nicer or much more simple!
2017-12-15
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Sometimes customer may need some message just to remember like a reminder... no matter how advanced is, everybody can forget something and I think it's normal, we have brain not an MMC ;)
2017-12-15
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-12-15 15:24
Sometimes customer may need some message just to remember like a reminder... no matter how advanced is, everybody can forget something and I think it's normal, we have brain not an MMC ;)

Well, I can not speak to the length of time you can hold a thought, but I certainly doubt anyone in here needs to be reminded every 15 seconds. The pops ups, regardless of their purpose or intentions, are FAR TOO frequent no matter what your level of experience is.

Reminding me that the scroll wheel that controls iso/apeture/shutter is locked every 20 seconds is a complete waste. This to me is just lazy programming, pure and simple.
2017-12-15
Use props
CH4T6
lvl.1
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-23 04:47
Houston, it's better even for beginners to know every situation and message, and why is that message appears on-screen. If you are expert with drones, many other people aren't and I think it is better not to skip any situations. Don't forget that your drone can crash if you fly it extremly high wind and than what's going on? Just imagine surprisely you're flying and you meet extreme wind from nowhere? What should you do

Dude, you should stop posting.  You're a fkng idiot.  Just shut up and listen to the adults in the room.  It's obvious from reading your posts and replies that you shouldn't even be in possession of a drone in the first place.  Scared ass pansies like you should just sit in the corner and watch.  
2018-5-1
Use props
CH4T6
lvl.1
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-25 04:54
Really the worst user in here is this one, but here You might find a user really adding value to the place by participation.

Yes, yes I am.  
2018-5-1
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

CH4T6 Posted at 2018-5-1 14:42
Dude, you should stop posting.  You're a fkng idiot.  Just shut up and listen to the adults in the room.  It's obvious from reading your posts and replies that you shouldn't even be in possession of a drone in the first place.  Scared ass pansies like you should just sit in the corner and watch.

Okay, than let your mamma be with me?
2018-5-1
Use props
fhturner3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413264 ft
United States

RE: STOP THE POPUP MESSAGES in DJI GO 4

CreativeSky Posted at 2017-12-15 21:45
Well, I can not speak to the length of time you can hold a thought, but I certainly doubt anyone in here needs to be reminded every 15 seconds. The pops ups, regardless of their purpose or intentions, are FAR TOO frequent no matter what your level of experience is.

Reminding me that the scroll wheel that controls iso/apeture/shutter is locked every 20 seconds is a complete waste. This to me is just lazy programming, pure and simple.

Couldn't agree more. To me, it's not even a matter of "false positive" wind messages or genuine/correct ones— when I cannot concentrate on flying because I'm having to take my hand off the stick every few seconds to close the EXACT SAME alert that I just got, that's unsafe. And we don't even need to debate whether machine-gun wind alerts are preferred or not...there should simply be a check box or a setting that lets me tell the app, "Okay, got it, thanks."
All kinds of computer alerts give us this ability, with a checkbox to not show the alert again. It's not hard. With many of these common issues and lack of response from DJI on them that I've observed in the short time I've been in the hobby, I wonder if anybody there actually goes flying and uses their own products... They've got great stuff, if they'd just be a little smarter about implementation.

2018-5-2
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was getting ready to start a thread on this very subject!  It's PATHIC and stupid YES, Stupid! Warning pop-ups that distract the view and is a DANGEROUS Distraction while flying and has nothing to do with safety! repeated over and over wind/no-fly/rear sensor\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/ blah blah.... I get it but when it's over and over and over then thats a issue that DJI needs to address!
2018-5-2
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Warn me once.... okay...
Warn me 20 times..... OKAY I GET IT...
Warn me after my 200th flight... Puh-Leeze!
2018-5-9
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

A couple of thoughts on this with regard to wind. First, let me qualify that with the acknowledgement that the app may be false alarming or has it's sensitivity threshold too low.
2018-5-9
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

A couple of thoughts on this with regard to wind. First, let me qualify that with the acknowledgement that the app may be false alarming or has it's sensitivity threshold too low.Now, my story of "calm on the ground, but windy up there". Before I retired, in my younger radio engineering days, I used to do work on towers. Many days it would be absolutely calm on the ground and then I get about 125' up the tower and as soon as I cleared the treeline, I had 15-20MPH wind. Constant wind. So in some cases, just because it's calm where you take off, doesn't mean it's not windy "up there".

Now with regard to too many messages, this is a recognized flight hazard for commercial airline pilots. In fact, there was a crash of Air France 447 not too long ago that was the result of information overload which kept the pilots busy dealing with handling the information, rather than flying the plane. They even have a term for it, "Children of the Magenta", meaning that pilots became too dependent on the magenta colored lines on their screens. Pilots become too dependant on automation and thus lose their flying skills. And when there is too much information coming at them at once, they stop concentrating on their primary goal, which is to FLY THE AIRCRAFT. Disaster can result.
2018-5-9
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-5-9 18:34
A couple of thoughts on this with regard to wind. First, let me qualify that with the acknowledgement that the app may be false alarming or has it's sensitivity threshold too low.Now, my story of "calm on the ground, but windy up there". Before I retired, in my younger radio engineering days, I used to do work on towers. Many days it would be absolutely calm on the ground and then I get about 125' up the tower and as soon as I cleared the treeline, I had 15-20MPH wind. Constant wind. So in some cases, just because it's calm where you take off, doesn't mean it's not windy "up there".

Now with regard to too many messages, this is a recognized flight hazard for commercial airline pilots. In fact, there was a crash of Air France 447 not too long ago that was the result of information overload which kept the pilots busy dealing with handling the information, rather than flying the plane. They even have a term for it, "Children of the Magenta", meaning that pilots became too dependent on the magenta colored lines on their screens. Pilots become too dependant on automation and thus lose their flying skills. And when there is too much information coming at them at once, they stop concentrating on their primary goal, which is to FLY THE AIRCRAFT. Disaster can result.

Best answer!
2018-5-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules