Unable to sign in to DJI 4 Go app rendering Phantom worthless
4489 56 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

David_ Posted at 2018-1-1 18:11
This is really simple. DJI is taking its problems (i.e. FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, etc.). Technically, you are better off having as many options as possible. Forcing you to log in is just one of the many ways DJI is limiting your options. I'm just saying, "Get your hands off of my aircraft. I didn't rent it, I bought it, so F off."

You really are incredibly stupid if you think that your incessant rants on this one subject are going to influence DJI in any way. You are just a boring, repetitive individual. How about you Eff off as you say.
2018-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

David_ Posted at 2018-1-1 20:36
This is really simple. DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.). Technically, you are better off having as many options as possible. DJI's log-in-or-you-can't-fly policy is just one of the many ways DJI is limiting those options for their sole benefit. Do you really own your aircraft or does DJI own it?

Having read your incessant rants, two alternative explanations come to mind.
Either you are a genius and should consult to DJI to tell them how to run their business
or
You haven't a clue what you are going on about

Whichever is correct, continuing to bang on as you have been will never get any result.
2018-1-1
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

This is really simple. DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.). Technically, you are better off having as many options as possible. DJI's log-in-or-you-can't-fly policy is just one of the many ways DJI is limiting those options for their sole benefit. Do you really own your aircraft or does DJI own it?
2018-1-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2018-1-2 19:30
This is really simple. DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.). Technically, you are better off having as many options as possible. DJI's log-in-or-you-can't-fly policy is just one of the many ways DJI is limiting those options for their sole benefit. Do you really own your aircraft or does DJI own it?

"This is really simple. DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.)."

It's very simple as you say, it seems odd that you see the F.A.A as being a problem.

The air rules and regulations are set, for you at least in the U.S.A by the F.A.A. The F.A.A are under direct control of your democratic government, elected by you and all American DJI customers, that gives the elected government a mandate to act and make decisions on your behalf.

Nothing that DJI has introduced has stopped me from flying and filming wherever I like, I am limited by the rules and regulations of the C.A.A, the government and the local authorities.
2018-1-3
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-3 12:00
"This is really simple. DJI is taking its problems (i.e. the FAA and inept drone pilots) and pushing those problems onto you, the customer by adding unnecessary restrictions (i.e. no-fly zones, forced autoland, forced login, altitude limits, etc.)."

It's very simple as you say, it seems odd that you see the F.A.A as being a problem.

There are a lot of things you can't to with a DJI product that you can do with any other drone. You just haven't tried to do those things, haven't run into those situations yet, or your standards and expectations just aren't as high as people who have issue with all of these restrictions. Your flight speed is limited. Your attitude is limited. If you don't login to share your info with DJI, you can't fly.  The no-fly zones don't always make sense, especially in other countries. I'm sure I left out many other restrictions.
2018-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David_ Posted at 2018-1-3 18:56
There are a lot of things you can't to with a DJI product that you can do with any other drone. You just haven't tried to do those things, haven't run into those situations yet, or your standards and expectations just aren't as high as people who have issue with all of these restrictions. Your flight speed is limited. Your attitude is limited. If you don't login to share your info with DJI, you can't fly.  The no-fly zones don't always make sense, especially in other countries. I'm sure I left out many other restrictions.

If you don't login to share your info with DJI, you can't fly.
You keep saying this but it's just not true.
I last logged in months ago but I fly many times a week.
And DJI only every see my flight data if I choose to share it with them.
Much of your ongoing campaign is based on a poor understanding of how the Phantom works and false information based on what you imagine.
2018-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

David_ Posted at 2018-1-3 22:52
You logged in months ago and it just assumes the same user is still flying it, still logging your actions and associating them with your personal info.

I have already removed DJI's authoritarian grip on my property. I downgraded to version 1.03.0700 on the drone, down to DJI GO 4 4.0.8 on the iPad mini 4, and down to DJI Assistant 1.1.2 on the PC (enabling custom settings modifications). Now all limitations are removed. No login requirement at all, no altitude limit, adjustable speed limits in all directions (20mph up and down for example), no forced landing, no sending of my data to anyone, NFZ warnings instead of physical enforcement, and no forced updates. Now the drone works like it is supposed to. Look for the user digdat0 on youtube. His videos are clear and simple.

I would love you to set your vertical speed limit to 20 mph down, then you would wreck your aircraft and we might be shot of you.
2018-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

David_ Posted at 2018-1-3 22:52
You logged in months ago and it just assumes the same user is still flying it, still logging your actions and associating them with your personal info.

I have already removed DJI's authoritarian grip on my property. I downgraded to version 1.03.0700 on the drone, down to DJI GO 4 4.0.8 on the iPad mini 4, and down to DJI Assistant 1.1.2 on the PC (enabling custom settings modifications). Now all limitations are removed. No login requirement at all, no altitude limit, adjustable speed limits in all directions (20mph up and down for example), no forced landing, no sending of my data to anyone, NFZ warnings instead of physical enforcement, and no forced updates. Now the drone works like it is supposed to. Look for the user digdat0 on youtube. His videos are clear and simple.

no sending of my data to anyone and no forced updates.
More imagined issues
Where do you get the silly idea that DJI are siphoning off flight data? (They aren't)
Why would they even want to?
I'm glad that they do record it in the app though.
It means when/if there is a problem, you can always look at the "black box recorder" to find the problem.
It also means that you have the chance to submit it to DJI in the unlikely event of a genuine malfunction for a warranty claim.
As for "forced updates" .. the people that believe there are such things are the people that leave auto-updating enabled in their tablet.
2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2018-1-3 18:56

As my interest is video or still photography, speed is not so much an issue, 45 mph is more than enough for my needs.

'By 'Attitude' I assume you mean altitude; my altitude is limited by the CAA to 120m which is well below the 500m I could fly to under DJI specification.

You seem to be mis-informed regarding the 'log in'. I've logged into my account via DJI Go 4 once, thereafter no wifi nor cell link is required to fly. My expectation is that I will not be required to log in again until next firmware upgrade.
Google, Farcebook & Co are far more interested in your data than DJI, they (DJI) would have way too much information to even attempt to begin to process.

The best thing might be for you to accept facts and move on, or reject them on principle and sell your DJI equipment, so freeing yourself from their control. Or you could chose to ignore the F.A.A regulations as being wrong, until you get caught !

As it's unlikely that DJI will change their policy perhaps a better course of action for you would be to pursue the F.A.A and the consumer rights authorities asking why they allow a retailer to have such control over your property.
2018-1-4
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-4 18:45
As my interest is video or still photography, speed is not so much an issue, 45 mph is more than enough for my needs.

'By 'Attitude' I assume you mean altitude; my altitude is limited by the CAA to 120m which is well below the 500m I could fly to under DJI specification.

That's great that you happen to not feel limited by DJI's artificially imposed limitations. I clearly do have an issue with all of their unnecessary limitations. I choose the personal responsibility route in that I want all of the capability, without any of the limitations, with the expectation that I know that I'm personally responsible for what I do with my property. These limitations are just another example of a company dumbing down and limiting a product to account for the lowest common denominator of their customer base, at the expense of their customers who do know what they are doing. I should be able to do anything with this drone that I can already do with a homebuilt drone, and now I can.
2018-1-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2018-1-4 19:45
That's great that you happen to not feel limited by DJI's artificially imposed limitations. I clearly do have an issue with all of their unnecessary limitations. I choose the personal responsibility route in that I want all of the capability, without any of the limitations, with the expectation that I know that I'm personally responsible for what I do with my property. These limitations are just another example of a company dumbing down and limiting a product to account for the lowest common denominator of their customer base, at the expense of their customers who do know what they are doing. I should be able to do anything with this drone that I can already do with a homebuilt drone, and now I can.

Do you not then feel limited by the F.A.A restrictions  ?

What right have they to dictate how you use your property ?

Now that you find yourself free of DJIs specification, you are now limited by the laws of your own country, which are more limiting than those ‘imposed’ by DJI.

We all have the freedom to do as we chose.
2018-1-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-4 20:10

'We all have the freedom to do as we chose.'

Not him, he has the American right to do what the hell he likes, regardless of laws.
2018-1-4
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-4 20:10

"Do you not then feel limited by the F.A.A restrictions  ?"

No, not really. I never had to care about them for the 15+ years I've been flying RC helis and planes. They were never an issue until DJI decided to be an authoritarian nanny and make them an issue.  If I ever receive a ticket or other real consequence, then I would feel a little annoyed, depending on the real, final consequence at the time. That would require a lot of things first. First I would have to actually be doing something that is against their rules. Then I would have to be actually caught in the act of doing it. Then the fine or charges or whatever would have to actually stick. That's a lot of ifs and maybes that all amount to a big not-going-to-give-a-s**t. I'm a lot more concerned with the people nearby nagging me after getting annoyed by the sound of angry bees than the FAA...

I don't know why you are so fascinated with rules and restrictions, so interested on making sure they are placed on people, and so opposed to the idea that you should be able to be personally responsible for your actions in a way that requires no artificial limitations to be placed on you by some company who isn't even a government entity.

2018-1-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2018-1-4 21:24

No, not really. I never had to care about them for the 15+ years I've been flying RC helis and planes. They were never an issue until DJI decided to be an authoritarian nanny and make them an issue.  If I ever receive a ticket or other real consequence, then I would feel a little annoyed, depending on the real, final consequence at the time. That would require a lot of things first. First I would have to actually be doing something that is against their rules. Then I would have to be actually caught in the act of doing it. Then the fine or charges or whatever would have to actually stick. That's a lot of ifs and maybes that all amount to a big not-going-to-give-a-s**t. I'm a lot more concerned with the people nearby nagging me after getting annoyed by the sound of angry bees than the FAA...

"I don't know why you are so fascinated with rules and restrictions, so interested on making sure they are placed on people, and so opposed to the idea that you should be able to be personally responsible for your actions in a way that requires no artificial limitations to be placed on you by some company who isn't even a government entity."

My whole point is that I believe these limitations are in place because of government interventions. DJI nor any other company that limits and controls your property, would spend any time or money developing these if they did not have to, if there were not some external pressure being applied to them.

Freedom to chose to do what we like does not mean that it's right if one of the criteria of that freedom is that we 'do not get caught in the act'. That would imply everything is permissible until one gets discovered. And I'm sure you would agree that should not be the case.

Whatever the discussions and disagreements, the fact is that these things are now in place. And we have to live with them. Had they rendered my equipment unfit for purpose then things might be different for me, but they have not.
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-5 01:33
"I don't know why you are so fascinated with rules and restrictions, so interested on making sure they are placed on people, and so opposed to the idea that you should be able to be personally responsible for your actions in a way that requires no artificial limitations to be placed on you by some company who isn't even a government entity."

"I believe these limitations are in place because of government interventions."
I am sorry but i believe you have to rethink that, our governments can not have producers to implement something that is not required due to the laws, if this was revealed someone would get their a.. in trouble for sure. Also if this was the case we would have seen other brands without the same limitations being locked out of the markets.

"DJI nor any other company would spend any time or money developing these if they did not have to,"
Of cause they would if they can see a revenue doing so, this is a show off, "see what we can do", and should not force this on already sold products, if anything they could implement this to new products followed by the right advertisement.

"if there were not some external pressure being applied to them."
It would be the other way around, now they have this to show of and a lot of lobbying is going on in the hallways trying to make this part of future laws and rules that after a sign by the government have secured them to be the monopoly of the market and license out the technology.

If this had been without trouble i might not would have ranted the way i am, but really after 7 months of issues i still have the following statement from the release notes waving in front of my eyes like a red cloth for a bull: "If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware using DJI Assistant 2."
2018-1-5
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-26 13:18
Flying your drone does not depend on DJI servers once you have activated your drone.

And drop he aggression.  It's not helping and won' achieve anything.

you said "your drone" not from the clowns of dji .... but keep giving pigs chocolates .... flying with all cracked is priceless .... never closes, I do not depend on any fallen server, and if Mr. dji wants us to fly that day ... everyone does what works best ... it shows that the company nothing is what best comes out
2018-1-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

David_ Posted at 2018-1-4 21:24

No, not really. I never had to care about them for the 15+ years I've been flying RC helis and planes. They were never an issue until DJI decided to be an authoritarian nanny and make them an issue.  If I ever receive a ticket or other real consequence, then I would feel a little annoyed, depending on the real, final consequence at the time. That would require a lot of things first. First I would have to actually be doing something that is against their rules. Then I would have to be actually caught in the act of doing it. Then the fine or charges or whatever would have to actually stick. That's a lot of ifs and maybes that all amount to a big not-going-to-give-a-s**t. I'm a lot more concerned with the people nearby nagging me after getting annoyed by the sound of angry bees than the FAA...

Surely the reason so many countries are wanting to tighten laws on drones is because so many people do not already follow the laws already in place. Just because you’ve never been caught does not make something right. There’s lots of places I would like to photograph but I don’t because it puts me outside of the laws.
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules