How to enter remote ID after C1 certification of Mini 4 Pro ?
2651 65 2-21 03:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1353386 ft
Germany

Skyline3000 Posted at 4-10 06:03
Still no C1 update for me. Are they on vacation?

Since DJI anounced a general Software Update for mid April, it probably makes more sense now, to use this way to update all users, instead of sending individual updates to users in the forum by request.
4-10 07:11
Use props
adda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29298 ft
Germany

Swen Posted at 4-10 07:11
Since DJI anounced a general Software Update for mid April, it probably makes more sense now, to use this way to update all users, instead of sending individual updates to users in the forum by request.

Even more people were promised this update within 3 working days, but unfortunately nothing has happened :=((
4-10 07:23
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

It's not comming on automatic. RC-2 must be connected to internet over wifi router or smartphone Hotspot, the M4P must be connectes to the RC-2 and must have GPS homepoint fix. Than you must go to tab "INFO" and  clic on serch for updates. The new software for the RC-2 will not show op automaticlly, like previous normal SW updates. Same with the new FlySave Data.
4-10 07:34
Use props
adda
lvl.4
Germany

Swen Posted at 4-10 07:34
It's not comming on automatic. RC-2 must be connected to internet over wifi router or smartphone Hotspot, the M4P must be connectes to the RC-2 and must have GPS homepoint fix. Than you must go to tab "INFO" and  clic on serch for updates. The new software for the RC-2 will not show op automaticlly, like previous normal SW updates. Same with the new FlySave Data.

@Sven

This was all tried several times, without success! I suspect that DJI has activated individual serial numbers for this update, unfortunately not for everyone affected :=((
4-10 07:48
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

adda Posted at 4-10 07:48
@Sven

This was all tried several times, without success! I suspect that DJI has activated individual serial numbers for this update, unfortunately not for everyone affected :=((

There is a new software update right now.
M4P V01.00.0400
RC-2 V02.02.0000
Together 1640,40MB
Try the download, if it solves the problem.
4-11 06:51
Use props
adda
lvl.4
Germany

Swen Posted at 4-11 06:51
There is a new software update right now.
M4P V01.00.0400
RC-2 V02.02.0000

Yes it does! Sometimes signs and wonders still happen :=))
4-11 07:04
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Lucky guys!
Good flights!

Ralf
4-11 10:09
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 343451 ft
Poland

My mini 4 pro is after C0 removal in 2023. I have RC N2.
There is a application version update 1.13.00, firmware dron 01.00.0400.
The first update of the drone connected to the equipment was unsuccessful. Using DJI Assistant 2, the RC N2 update was successful.
DJI nini 4 pro update negative
4-11 22:14
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Piotr Pe Posted at 4-11 22:14
My mini 4 pro is after C0 removal in 2023. I have RC N2.
There is a application version update 1.13.00, firmware dron 01.00.0400.
The first update of the drone connected to the equipment was unsuccessful. Using DJI Assistant 2, the RC N2 update was successful.

Than use DJI Assistant 2 to update the drone to V01.00.0400 .
I had absolute no problem. Update of drone and RC-2 was without any problem a all, just a usual DJI update. First night flight with new software perfect.
4-12 01:34
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

Hamburg Speicherstadt, nice pic
4-12 01:46
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Mini4pro update successful

Dji mini 4pro expected software update is a problem. The normal 2453mAh battery from mini 3 pro is not detected in mini4pro as MTOM exceeded (C1 Class). However, the replacement Mini 3 Plus 3850mAh battery is detected as not DJI and the program blocks the drone from starting!!! In the European Union, parts of the so-called substitutes produced by another manufacturer. Parts not only manufactured by Mercedes can be installed in a Mercedes.
DJI recognizes the Mini 3 Plus Battery 3850mAh as a product from another manufacturer and does not allow its use!!!
Normal 2453mAh battery from mini 3 pro is not detected in mini4pro as MTOM exceeded C1 class and Does not generate Remote ID!!!
4-12 09:51
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

4-12 09:53
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Sorry Piotr Pe , but your information isn't true.
The M4P does recognise the plus battery without any problem and let you take off with it. It also doesn't show the "not C0 conform" any more.
Logical correct since it's a C1 drone now and can have higher weight.

I know for sure, because I have a plus battery, have the latest software installed and just did a flight 5 minutes ago to check your story.
The reason for the message in your screenshot is very simple.
Your battery is not a DJI Battery, but a cheap no name battery.
Picture of my original DJI plus battery and sales box below. Looks quite different, as you can see.
IMHO it's legitimate, that DJI stops the use of not certified batterys in a certified drone, since the performance of 3. party components is not testet or can be certified at all.
Your example with Mercedes parts isn't valid too.
3. party car parts must pass a homologation test to be accepted as a valid sparepart. (E) number on parts.
Using not homologated spareparts will void the cars certification for use on public roads.
Same as a no name battery voids the C1 certification of the M4P.
Send back this battery to your dealer and get a real one.

4-12 13:13
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

Sven , I agree with you, but the DJI badge does not guarantee the validity of the replacement part.All original parts are only cool on vintage vehicles
Sven, can you check the battery of the mini 3 (it's heavier than the normal one of the m4p), is Remote ID sent? Because I want to install a wide-angle lens and additional night lighting to my mini4pro.

4-13 01:34
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Can't do a test with M3P battery, because I sold the whole M3P stuff and don't have one of these any more.
Original wide -angle lens from DJI is recognised by the drone camera, at least that was so on the M3P. The gimbal callibrates after installation of lens and panorama photo functions is no longer possible with lens installed.
I use Pol/ND Filters from Freewell and have no problems with the additional weight.
There is no need to put on additional night light, because the green LED lights don't turn off anymore when recording video.
They are now constantly flashing in flight. Full C1 compliance for night flights.
Remote ID is transmitted, when entered into the RC-2.
Checked with Dorne Scanner App v1.5.2 on my Galaxy S22 Ultra.

4-13 03:25
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 637923 ft

Slovakia

I've checked regular Mini 3 battery (that is few grams heavier than original Mini 4). Drone is C1 certified, with previous firmware version there was always warning that weight is above 250g and drone is no longer C0 compliant, even drone was already C1 labelled. Now this warning is gone.
Seems they updated also green led blinking, now the leds are blinking also during video recording.
Unfortunately can't check the RID, seems my phone does not support Wifi NaN thus no drone is shown in the app (checked with several other drones as well)
4-13 05:32
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

Thank you Sven The original DJI wide angle lens solved the problem. I have Remote ID.
My C1 certificate for mini 4 pro is complete.
The drone gives a message about the wide-angle lens. There is no notification about the BWX162-2453-7.38 battery from mini 3 pro.

In my opinion, DJI should provide a message when the drone flies in class C0 and when in class C1.

Two heads are better than one.
Thank you Swen

There is a problem with other 3850mAh batteries. Several chain stores sell this replacement for mini3 and mini3pro - Model: CS-DJM300RC and Model: JMI3.
I checked m3 and m3p with my JMI3 - 3850 batteries and there is no error and no overweight message wrong!
There is no message - it's not a DJI battery - very bad.
Maybe because the app v1.13.0 and ver. drone software latest from 2024-01-24 mini3.
IMG_0136 RID.jpg
4-14 07:50
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 637923 ft

Slovakia

"In my opinion, DJI should provide a message when the drone flies in class C0 and when in class C1."

well, I don't think that once it is certified as C1 you can consider flying with original equipment and below 250 grams as flying with C0 drone, once C1 forever C1, no way back, no jumping  between classes. You have C1 sticker, C1 certificate from DJI, it's now just C1.
4-14 08:26
Use props
Piotr Pe
lvl.2
Poland

harweyko Posted at 4-13 05:32
I've checked regular Mini 3 battery (that is few grams heavier than original Mini 4). Drone is C1 certified, with previous firmware version there was always warning that weight is above 250g and drone is no longer C0 compliant, even drone was already C1 labelled. Now this warning is gone.
Seems they updated also green led blinking, now the leds are blinking also during video recording.
Unfortunately can't check the RID, seems my phone does not support Wifi NaN thus no drone is shown in the app (checked with several other drones as well)

Success . I uninstalled DroneScanner and reinstalled it. I only changed the refresh time in the settings from 60 seconds to 20 seconds. A mini3p battery is connected to the drone
4-18 11:07
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Hi there dear drone pilots and DJI staff…
A status update regarding my continued nightmare (!!!) with DJI:

As you might remember I had severe problems to update my declassified and reclassified C1 drone.
I‘ve opened a support case, sent drone to Hungaria and today a new drone arrives.

I had a chat with somebody at the chat window upfront delivery and this guy stated that a C1 sticker will be included in the package.
THIS has worked (to my really big surprise) so I was very optimistic to get things done now.

I got a brand new drone and my old RC - including C1 Sticker and SD card which I forgot to remove.

So far so nice.

I‘ve sent in old drone because FW update cannot be performed so my assumption was to have installed newest FW and C1 is preconfigured on the new drone (especially because guy in chat stated that there will be a flight test performed !).

The drone was NOT updated!
So first I had performed the update to FW V01.00.0500.

This time luckily it worked.

Now for bad news (I‘m really disappointed!) - I am NOT able to remove the height restriction (generated QR code leads only for 1/10 of a second to the correct site and then being redirected to page for application for C1 - reproducable)
AND: I’m still NOT able to enter r-ID.

I‘m really, really angry.

Any hint out of the community?
Any hint from DJI Gurus?

Unbelievable this whole szenario.

Ralf
4-23 05:49
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Rkorell Posted at 4-23 05:49
Hi there dear drone pilots and DJI staff…
A status update regarding my continued nightmare (!!!) with DJI:

Did you request C1 certification for that drone by yourself, or do you assume, that this was done by DJI?
Maybe they just put in the stickers and the drone is still C0 ?
I would simply start that C1 process again. Doesn't hurt.
4-23 06:29
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Swen Posted at 4-23 06:29
Did you request C1 certification for that drone by yourself, or do you assume, that this was done by DJI?
Maybe they just put in the stickers and the drone is still C0 ?
I would simply start that C1 process again. Doesn't hurt.

Dear Swen,
Thanks for your idea.
I‘ve already started C1 certification process.
(THIS time it was very fast because I could click on „not send“ - so I could upload photos immediatly and now waiting for approval)
May THIS helps to enter e-ID.
But I‘m still not able to change flight height above 120m and „remove height restriction“ don‘t work …

Regards,
Ralf
4-23 06:40
Use props
Swen
lvl.2
Germany

Rkorell Posted at 4-23 06:40
Dear Swen,
Thanks for your idea.
I‘ve already started C1 certification process.

Maybe the height restriction can be removed, after the process of C1 is completed, also the remote id line to enter will show up. Keep my fingers XX.
4-23 07:14
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Swen Posted at 4-23 07:14
Maybe the height restriction can be removed, after the process of C1 is completed, also the remote id line to enter will show up. Keep my fingers XX.

Thanks again!
4-23 08:34
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Status update: Application for C1 for my new drone is approved now …
(THIS was really ultra fast!).

Checking now drone and RC.

Greetings,
Ralf
4-23 09:29
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Status update: The approval of my C1 application did the job.

Swen, you gave the right direction, thanks again.

It is still a shame (!) how bad DJI‘s communication as well as documentation is.

For a - not THAT cheap - product it feels like left alone in deep, deep darkness.

Nevertheless my drone works as expected now and this is - for sure - my last attempt for any update.

Thanks to all who have invested time to answer me.

Warm regards,
Ralf
4-23 09:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules