6695 52 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the UK as we know the rules and regulations are already in place, and probably quite sufficient. Those who are likely to fly in a selfish way are unlikely to register or licence. The difficulty is in policing the legislation, and the fact that the quads are 'remote' from their owner by their very nature.

The likelihood is that whoever (if anybody, no hard evidence yet) was flying the alleged quad had no idea whatsoever regarding the rules and regulations. Although certainly in DJIs case the front face of the paperwork that comes with the P4s clearly points towards responsible flying and the CAA regulations.
2016-4-18
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

wellsi Posted at 2016-4-18 20:11
Well Nigel, not everyone is as relaxed about the present laws as you unfortunately.  

A London MP  ...

I know about the DOT consultation, but not the MP, which was bound to happen.  I actually agree with the MP though.  Why wouldn't anyone want to register, other than for their own misguided principals or because they want to fly where they shouldn't?  Nobody would want people to be able to drive, or even own cars without any kind of registration, other than on private land.
2016-4-18
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Flipperman Posted at 2016-4-18 20:18
The UK goverment is due to report on drones in a few months. I expect they'll put restrictions in  ...

I agree.  But I also think the EU will eventually have the same rules for every EU country.  That's the way they've been heading for years with all sorts of regulations, some good, some bad.
2016-4-18
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-18 21:07
In the UK as we know the rules and regulations are already in place, and probably quite sufficient.  ...

I think the way to go is the same as with cars.  The drone is registered at point of sale so always has an accountable owner/keeper.  Yes, some will find ways around it, but the majority won't bother.
2016-4-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-18 23:27
I think the way to go is the same as with cars.  The drone is registered at point of sale so alway ...

"The drone is registered at point of sale "

Just as a side thought, all these drones have to be activated on initial setup, surely DJI has a complete record of devices to email addresses ?
In saying that I agree totally with what you're saying regarding registration at point of sale.
2016-4-18
Use props
mike.wilding.46
New

United Kingdom

Flipperman Posted at 2016-4-18 20:18
The UK goverment is due to report on drones in a few months. I expect they'll put restrictions in  ...

On 25th Feb 2015 the EU Committee in the House of Lords completed the latest report on the Civilian use of Drones in the EU. go to http://www.publications.parliame ... ldeucom/122/122.pdf

To view. 82 pages of the report.

Conclusion I guess is that they will be regulated out of existence and the sport killed off. The wimps win again.
Just as they have killed of other sports and fun hobbies.
Bugger was just about to get kitted out and enjoy flying a drone.
2016-4-19
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Croatia

Over a year ago without any follow up? Likely some things have changed again between then and now

And if not then it's not all bad:

We support the Commission’s move towards adopting a risk-based approach to safety regulations for RPAS. Not only would this approach, which considers the characteristics of the RPAS flight, accommodate the variation in size of RPAS, but it would also avoid burdensome regulations for businesses.
Skimming even more of the report there are quite some positive things in there. Both from EU proposals back then as UK pov.

But, I just skimmed so I could have missed things. I'll leave it for somebody else to read properly
2016-4-19
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mike.wilding.46 Posted at 2016-4-19 15:09
On 25th Feb 2015 the EU Committee in the House of Lords completed the latest report on the Civilia ...

Hahaha...I wonder how many of the Lords, Earls & Baroness' know what's going on in the world!  We're stuffed
2016-4-19
Use props
mike.wilding.46
New

United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-19 17:46
Hahaha...I wonder how many of the Lords, Earls & Baroness' know what's going on in the world!  We' ...

I have Been reserching the French rules and it seems the following is the latest as of the update for Jan 1st 2016. i live in France and have a nice little cottage with about 4 Hectors of fields and wood land. I have simplified the latest info and had a chat with a old frend at the DGAC who i have worked with before retirment.
Opening comments.

The French Aviation Administration made, in dialogue with the CNIL (National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties), the manufacturers, the professional federation of the civils drones and the French federation of aeromodelling, a note of warning on the rules for flying recreational drones (also named UAV, UAS or RPCA) aimed at the consumers.

The note reminds to the users, in a short and simple format, what they have the right to do or not and that there is an air space in which we do not do what we want.

MLV Drone provides here a complimentary translation of these rules for foreigners who are visiting France with their drones.

The translation is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for the official document. You can download the official note on the rules for flying recreational drones (PDF French – 96 Kb).

As i see the rules and what I can and cannot doo.

1. I do not fly over people

I use my drone carefully without endangering persons and nearby vehicles. I will not overfly them and will maintain a minimum distance for safety. I will avoid flying near any gathering of people.

2. I always fly my drone below an altitude of 500 feet (150m)

I will always respect the maximum flying altitude to avoid any risk of collision between my drone and an aircraft and to maintain control. In any case, I will not begin a flight or I will interrupt an ongoing flight, if an aircraft is nearby.

3. I never lose visual contact with my drone

I keep my drone within a distance that ensures easy visibility to the naked eye, and I keep it at all times in my field of vision. Immersion Flights (FPV) using vision goggles are only possible when a second person keeps the drone in his field of vision and is able at any time to easily to take control of the drone.

4. I do not fly my drone over public spaces in urban areas

In urban areas, flying over my personal property using a small drone is
allowed subject to compliance with speed and a maximum height restrictions adapted to the environment
(buildings, trees, …) to limit the risk in case of loss of control. Under any circumstances, I do not fly my drone over roads.

5. I do not fly my drone near airfields

I do not use my drone near any airfield that accommodates airplanes, helicopters, gliders,
ULM, etc. The minimum distance restriction is about 5 km, and can reachs 15 km for major airfields.
(i.e. with runways longer than 1200 m).

6. I do not fly over strategic sites

Flying over some strategic sites and their surrounding area is banned. This is the case, for example, for nuclear power plants,
military installations, historic monuments, or nature reserves and national parks. I obtain information on the location of such sites before undertaking a flight nearby.

7. I do not fly my drone at night

To ensure the safety of aircraft flying at low altitudes such as evacuation helicopters, French regulations prohibit the use of drones at night, even if they are equipped with lights.

8. I respect the privacy of others

The people in my flight path must be informed , especially if my drone
is equipped with a camera or other sensor capable of recording personal data. I inform those present, I answer their questions and I respect their right to privacy. I do not record any images allowing recognition of individuals (faces, license plates …) without their permission.

9. I do not distribute any images, commercially or not, without the consent of the persons concerned

Any image distribution must be subject to authorization by the persons concerned or the owner for a private space (home, garden, etc.) and must comply with current legislation (notably the French law of 6 January 1978 « Informatique et Libertés »).
Any use of drones for the acquisition of images for commercial or professional exploitation is subject to specific requirements and requires the possession of permits issued by the French Aviation Administration.
For more information on this subject: http://www.developpementdurable. ... -des-activites.html (french only)

10. When in doubt, I make inquiries.

Visit the website of the French Aviation Administration for more information. User federations and the National Data Protection Commission are also sources of useful information.
DGAC: http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/Drones-civils-loisiraeromodelisme
CNIL:  http://www.cnil.fr
FFAM: http://www.cnil.fr
FPDC: http://www.federation-drone.org

I hope this helps those who may have an intrest, The light weight drones that we fly are subjeted to the legislation ie. Frence UK  and ON, NOT the EU. Thus the the comments i have seen re OPTING out of the EU realy have no bearing.

One item above re notification of possible flight paths and notification re privacy ( notification in writing at the local Mairie and available to all is it seems enough), contact number and assurance of respect of privacy. The fligh records and info available through the App is always available intrested parties if needed.

Any coments welcom, if I can help further no proble, however I am in France and presently that my intrest, however off the mountains and  Lake Geneva soon so will be looking at the Swiss regulations soon as looking forward to some cool video.

M

2016-4-19
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-19 17:46
Hahaha...I wonder how many of the Lords, Earls & Baroness' know what's going on in the world!  We' ...

You'd be surprised. My neighbour is one....and I had a good chat with him the other night as he watched me land mine.....then I took a couple of photos of his house for him.....every little helps...
2016-4-19
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Flipperman Posted at 2016-4-19 20:15
You'd be surprised. My neighbour is one....and I had a good chat with him the other night as he wa ...

I'm only having a dig for fun...they're just people after all.  It's just a shame they're all apparently privileged.  I don't really judge people that easily.
2016-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules