12Next >
7616 50 2015-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Recently updates with more GS centric features...

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... .djiultimateflight2

The list of high-level features is quite significant and comes with a free Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/dji-ultimate-flight) where you can make suggestions for features to be included in future releases.  In my own words, this app is as much about what the community would like to see in an app as what I would like to see in an app!

Video documentation: http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/

•Recently updated: Waypoint mission offline creation, edit and save!

•Video and camera controls on par with Vision App and more. Camera parameters available and changes can be saved as new default or the current flight only.

•Auto video start/stop – recording start/stop with the Phantom motors.

•Live video

•3 display modes: Split screen, video/map, Full video, Full map

•Map represents the location of the Phantom and the Phantom’s set home point and is available in satellite, terrain or hybrid views as defined by Google Map.

•Map auto-orients during flight

•Flight safety – the app includes pre-flight safety checks:

•Flight battery limit uses smart battery information to calculate and display a “circle” that can be used as an indicator for the turn-around point for flight.

•Cached maps will be usable for both free-flight as well as waypoint flight missions.

•Phantom latitude and longitude displayed

•Active voice feedback system includes configurable settings to report flight status and Phantom health information at regularly defined intervals.

•Phantoms that have had camera and gimbal replacements using the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D, 3-Axis Gimbal with GoPro camera will be supported in a screen-efficient manner. Since this configuration does not allow for certain camera operations to be performed the screen controls for camera will be removed resulting a more efficient display without the additional controls unneeded for this configuration.

•Variable speed gimbal control.

•Onscreen information displays: altitude, distance and speed

•Phantom status: flight timer, satellite count, Wi-Fi strength and batter levels of the Phantom and Wi-Fi extender will be available on screen

•On screen camera orientation display

•Phantom bearing and bearing indicator towards home with easy-point allowing the pilot to rotate the Phantom until Phantom bearing aligns to home point indicator and fly towards home.

•Ground Station flight mission

•Waypoint missions can be designed at a comfortable location for the pilot and saved on the device. Once on location the mission can be loaded and flown. Waypoint missions are saved using a comma-delimited format and can be edited using the app or the users favorite text editor

•Waypoint editor will extend the ability to individually control speed, altitude and stay-time for each waypoint individually.

•Waypoint editor will include an easy-copy mode, enabling the user to setup one waypoint, edit the settings based on the flying location and to use those settings as a temporary default for new waypoints in the same mission. In effect this creates a temporary override of configured waypoint defaults

•Mission limits are enabled by default that match DJI Vision Ground Station but will be configurable by the user.

•Waypoint flight protection will inform the user of issues identified in a waypoint mission.

•Waypoint missions can be started from the ground, with motors on or off or after take-off while in the air based on the user’s preference.

•Return to home button

•Waypoint mission summary will be displayed to the user prior to waypoint flight. The user will be able to review the following and choose to cancel or fly the mission

•Miscellaneous features:

•Compass calibration

•Flight logging will be stored in comma-delimited files and stored on the device. There will be 2 typed of flight logs: (1) Flight summary, this one-line log will include summary information per the flight (e.g. min/max satellite, starting and ending location, battery min/max, etc.) (2) Flight tracking log will include detailed flight information as the Phantom flies as reported by the DJI SDK. This details log can be used to review the flight offline at a larger time.

•All presented measurement to the user will be in the user’s specified units of display: metric and imperial will both be available.

2015-3-16
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Flew this weekend.  All worked well.  Thanks
2015-3-16
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Love the App Kenargo but i would like to see a better, more cleaner UI.. Something more professional looking. Take a look at the  DJI Inspire Pilot App  for Example... Or the GS APP for iPad but other than that your App is Top Notch.
2015-3-16
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-3-17 02:16
Love the App Kenargo but i would like to see a better, more cleaner UI.. Something more professional ...

Yes, I've been looking at the Inspire UI and they look really nice and I think for the larger screens I think those layouts work very well.
2015-3-16
Use props
jtrager
lvl.3
United States

Would it be possible to place the coordinates next to each other, so that you can correct the aspect ratio of the video, making it look more natural?  That is, increase the height of the image.
2015-3-16
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

<post removed>
2015-3-16
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jtrager@carolin Posted at 2015-3-17 12:43
Would it be possible to place the coordinates next to each other, so that you can correct the aspect ...

Yes, I am looking at reworking how the map/video screen functions after seeing many pilots using it and sending feedback on what they would like to see.
2015-3-17
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-3-17 01:33
Flew this weekend.  All worked well.  Thanks

Thank you for the information; what Android device are you using?  I'm trying to keep track of which ones work best.
2015-3-17
Use props
sdtag
lvl.2

United States

I bought this the other day and put it on my SGS5 and older tab 10.1.
I couldn't make it fly.
THEN I watched the videos.
I'm going to try it again.
will this work on a 10.1 tab? It seems like it got stuck and dumped me out.
2015-3-17
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

bradreid20@gmai Posted at 2015-3-17 15:38
Another app that works well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.beyondthecube.DjiVisio ...

Been using that. Pretty simple and straight forward.
2015-3-17
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sdtag@msn.com Posted at 2015-3-18 07:48
I bought this the other day and put it on my SGS5 and older tab 10.1.
I couldn't make it fly.
THEN I ...

Samsung and the DJI SDK can be iffy and there isn't any reason or consistency.  On some models it works well with few issues and on other models it has more issues.  All the reports I've seen have been traced into the DJI SDK communications or video library but until DJI makes some updates it will continue to be a problem.

Even the same model but from difference pre-loads can have different levels of stability.

Galaxy series seams to be the touchiest according to the reports I've seen but not always as I have many pilots using the Galaxy series just fine.

I wish I could be more specific but until DJI makes fixes expect any SDK app to have some issues.
2015-3-17
Use props
sdtag
lvl.2

United States

I got it to work on my S5. Even though I saw the videos it took me a long time to find the go button.
When I finally found it, it worked!
Very nice ap, thank you.
I gave up on the 10.1.
2015-3-17
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sdtag@msn.com Posted at 2015-3-18 09:53
I got it to work on my S5. Even though I saw the videos it took me a long time to find the go button ...

Yes, the next version (in pre-release testing) gets better wrt the GO button.  I had been hiding the GO button when the Phantom home point wasn't reporting but it seams that it was causing confusion as the button wouldn't appear but with no reason.  The new release shows the GO button all the time and handles errors on the back side of the operation.

The other issue with finding the GO button is that the app has an offline mission planning screen and some people thought that was also the flying screen.

I'm glad you have things figured out!
2015-3-17
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-18 07:42
Thank you for the information; what Android device are you using?  I'm trying to keep track of whi ...

Samsung Note 3
2015-3-18
Use props
sdtag
lvl.2

United States

I am using a Galaxy S5,
It didn't work on an older Samsung 10.1 wifi
BUT
I have another one, a Samsung 10.1 note, on Verizon. I use it for navigation for work.
It looks like it's going to work on this tab. I opened the ap and set the various settings and went to plan, then fly, and it never crashed. It looks like it will work.
I am a little leery flying right now because of the solar storm. I'm still pretty new at this and I don't want to watch my new 1200.00 toy fly off into the sunset or into the side of a building. I am very anxious to try it though. As soon as the sun settles down.
2015-3-18
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

This was just recommended after my question as one of the apps.  Is there a iPhone version of this?  If not,  this is so good that I might hunt eBay for a Android device.  What is the recommended Android version for this that you guys have tested without any hiccups?
2015-3-19
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-20 09:32
This was just recommended after my question as one of the apps.  Is there a iPhone version of this?  ...

There is not an iOS version and I'd need to clone myself to find the extra time to even begin building one.  Your timing however couldn't be more perfect.  One of the users on the Google Forum just commented on an Android tablet they purchased For $39.

Here is the thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/ ... -flight/kur7G6bCtzY
2015-3-19
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Thanks.  I read this at late night so didn't realize you were the developer.  Thanks for being personally involved and care about what you do.  I'll checkout that tablet or start digging for my old Note3
2015-3-20
Use props
davidw63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Does this work with the P2Vision....?
2015-3-20
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

This is a great APP, I have used many times.
2015-3-20
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

davidw63@comcas Posted at 2015-3-20 19:04
Does this work with the P2Vision....?

Yes it works with phantom 2 v2 and v3.
2015-3-20
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-20 12:46
There is not an iOS version and I'd need to clone myself to find the extra time to even begin buil ...

Ken,

Thanks for doing what you do and personally investing iyourself in your product. I purchased it the other day just because of your personal involvement. Only used it in-flight once the other day. I'm using it with the Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 and a Nexus 7 and it appeared to do what I asked of it. Been a bit breezy around here lately but I'm looking forward to spending some more time with it when the winds die down.

Jerry
2015-3-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-3-21 02:25
Ken,

Thanks for doing what you do and personally investing iyourself in your product. I purchased ...

Be sure to drop by the Google group; this app is as much about what you want as what I might want.  YOUR ideas are what will make this app the ultimate app!

Ken
2015-3-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bradreid20@gmai Posted at 2015-3-21 02:04
Yes it works with phantom 2 v2 and v3.

Yes, the app mentioned in the top of the thread works with Vision and Vision+

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... .djiultimateflight2
2015-3-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Follow-me now in pre-release.  It's not in final form, it's still not as smooth as I want to end up with but it's a good start.
2015-3-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A follow me video from one of the pilots using the app.  He took a stroll around the neighborhood

2015-3-21
Use props
GMacD
lvl.4

Australia

Do you get any sleep!!

I just wish I had a Vision and Android.

Good Work!!

Guy
2015-3-21
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GMacD Posted at 2015-3-22 07:29
Do you get any sleep!!

I just wish I had a Vision and Android.

Plenty of time to sleep after I'm dead ;)
2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Kenargo,
nice work on the app,
Can you change the orientation of the Phantom in the follow me mode ie. I want to video 90 degrees to the right of where I am walking ie. Eyes on the side of my head? Like maybe walking a a fence or something like that
2015-3-22
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-23 06:42
Kenargo,
nice work on the app,
Can you change the orientation of the Phantom in the follow me mode i ...

Not in this version but a future version, once I get the calculations better you will be able to orientation; that will be included with the POI functionality and ported into the follow-me.

It will be this way for a bit.
2015-3-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-23 07:26
Not in this version but a future version, once I get the calculations better you will be able to o ...

So can i presume then that since two bits is a quarter, then two bits of one year would = 3 months,
therefore a bit is approx 6 weeks...
2015-3-22
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

<post removed>
2015-3-23
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

bradreid20@gmai Posted at 2015-3-23 16:06
If anyone is interested in follow-me you can try out a version that is already released: https://www ...

Brad,

I have your product, still checking it out. While I believe in capitalism and the right and need for you to promote your product, I think it's a bit tacky to continually promote your product on a thread in which Ken is attempting to answer questions about his product. It appears as though Ken has been doing this stuff for sometime and spends a great deal of time personally listening to and responding to his many customers, potential customers and anyone else that just may have a question.

I also have Ken's product.

It would be great if you started your own thread, promoted it as much as Ken has promoted his and spent all of your waking moments directly communicating with and constantly implementing the many changes that your customers may be asking about. That would be great!

Just my opinion but I think promoting your product on his thread is tacky at best.

Not trying to start anything here, just wanted to say my piece.

Jerry

Jerry
2015-3-23
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-3-23 20:47
Brad,

I have your product, still checking it out. While I believe in capitalism and the right and ...

+1

Unless Ken has said it was okay for you to hijack his thread.......not very cool. JMHO.
2015-3-23
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

Fair enough, sorry for upsetting anyone.  Was just posting to threads with follow-me for those that may be interested.  I'll be more careful in the forums going forward.
2015-3-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

bradreid20@gmai Posted at 2015-3-24 03:34
Fair enough, sorry for upsetting anyone.  Was just posting to threads with follow-me for those that  ...

Brad,
There are still a few posts in here with reference to the video etc. why don't you remove those as well and just start a new Thread....
2015-3-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-24 03:54
Brad,
There are still a few posts in here with reference to the video etc. why don't you remove th ...

With all due respect why does Ken deserve special treatment? It is not like Ken has not make plugs for his software in other peoples threads. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the grander.
2015-3-23
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-3-24 04:44
With all due respect why does Ken deserve special treatment? It is not like Ken has not make plugs ...

Pardon me but I am not making comments in thread's of another person's app.  If you can show otherwise, please do and I would remove the posts appropriately.

Commenting in threads asking about specific features and apps that support those features is not of issue here.  The issue raised is that Brad used a thread announcing features in an app I am making and put information in his app into the thread.  That is hijacking the thread and should not be done.

There is no special treatment; it is about respect.
2015-3-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

JATO,
I suppose my point was with respect to the fact Ken titled the Thread with regard to a specific app and someone else just tried to grab a ride on his vortex...Kens software has been fairly high profile so I suppose someone else looking to invite someone to look at their software would be tempted to try to steal some of the limelight though they would be more ethically served starting their own Thread...It only takes a minute...
That said, if any were to review Part Three: Forum Specific Rules, I am not certain that any or all had been or are in or are not in breach..
Anyhow, this is not my site..Just my opinion and if I wanted to garner attention to a product or service I had it would be on my own Thread..
And for the record, I do not own any Android phones or tablets..Yet!
Maybe we can look forward to a Vendors Market in the future with Forum Changes..it would be nice to see!
2015-3-23
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-24 03:54
Brad,
There are still a few posts in here with reference to the video etc. why don't you remove th ...

'Nough said. I'll be reading your "new" thread as well, Brad.

Jerry
2015-3-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules