Is there any official word on the new carbon fiber reinforced DJI propellers?
8593 68 2015-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-3-27 23:00
Yeah, that's awesome!!

Can you post some close up photos of the mounting and the prop hub area.   ...

Will do   
2015-3-27
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-3-27 22:48
Very cool, I am still pending to ship for mine.  Did you order the yellow tip props?

Yes, at the time I ordered those were the only ones listed...
2015-3-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

amorrison Posted at 2015-3-28 01:58
Yes, at the time I ordered those were the only ones listed...

The difference is I ordered the white tip props.   probably why they have not shipped yet....

oh well its all good.
2015-3-27
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Got these E800 adapters and 1345s props from Multicopter Warehouse. (I'm not affiliated)   Installed easily and are very solid.  The Inspire 1 has the E800 motors.

http://www.multicopterwarehouse.com/e800-quick-connect?search=e800

http://www.multicopterwarehouse.com/1345-white-tip?search=e800

Inspire_1.png
Inspire_2.png
2015-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MJDMike Posted at 2015-3-28 18:55
Got these E800 adapters and 1345s props from Multicopter Warehouse. (I'm not affiliated)   Installed ...

Mike, thanks for sharing your new prop installation. This looks very nice indeed.

How does the prop hubs look? Do you think they will hold up over time putting them on and off. I was wondering how the plastic will wear against the metal mounting tabs. It seems that this would be the new stress point on the props.
I sure looks like a solid design.
2015-3-28
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-3-29 00:47
Mike, thanks for sharing your new prop installation. This looks very nice indeed.

How does the p ...

I think they will hold up well.  The metal tabs are only pushing up against the bottom of the prop, so there is little friction there.

The most likely point of wear will be the plastic-to-plastic friction where the prop meets the lock itself.  Even then, I believe it will only wear during the act of locking and unlocking the props.

I think during flight, there will be little movement between the two, so very little wear.
But, as cheap and easy to install as they are, one might consider just replacing them every so often.
2015-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MJDMike Posted at 2015-3-29 00:58
I think they will hold up well.  The metal tabs are only pushing up against the bottom of the prop, ...

I agree with you that these will most likely have a usable life span (X * hours) maybe DJI will post the expected life cycle for these items.  Thanks for the feedback, I am still waiting for my props to ship, hopefully next week.
2015-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

My props are shipping from DJI today... Yeah and hope you have a good report on how they are working!
2015-3-29
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

Props worked flawlessly.  Easy to install.  Two screws secure both the metal bottom plate, which are universal( doesn't matter which motor they go on), and the plastic locking mechanism.  The plastic piece must be installed on either the CW or CCW motors.  They are marked with  a silver paint dot, which go on the silver studded motor, or have no marking, which are to be installed on the black studded motors.  Once the locking mechanisms are installed, the props can only be installed on the correct motor, meaning, you cannot install a CW prop on a CCW motor by accident.  Prop installation is very quick, easy, and feels secure. Removal is just as quick.   
2015-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-3-30 22:35
Props worked flawlessly.  Easy to install.  Two screws secure both the metal bottom plate, which are ...

Hey AegisFC, that is very good news indeed. My props have shipped from DJI and I will get to try them out by the end of the week or weekend. Sounds like this is a very nice solution for sure.
2015-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Got these E800 adapters and 1345s props from Multicopter Warehouse. (I'm not affiliated)   Installed ...

Hey Mike,

I found out today by email that DJI will be sending the Inspire owners the new E800 props for free by the end of April..  see below..... Great news.

Storeagent01 (DJI)
Mar 31, 10:49
Dear Rich,
Yes. We will ship at the end of April.
Thanks.

RichJ53
Mar 31, 04:06
DJI

I read in the Inspire forum that DJI is shipping free carbon fiber propellers to all Inspire 1 owners. Is this true and when would we expect these new propellers to ship to us?
2015-3-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-3-30 22:35
Props worked flawlessly.  Easy to install.  Two screws secure both the metal bottom plate, which are ...

I received my props today and they are as good as you said they would be.
Did the screws bottom out when installing the assembly? don't want to over tighten them.
2015-4-1
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-2 12:38
I received my props today and they are as good as you said they would be.
Did the screws bottom o ...

I tightened them down as much as I could without stripping out the head. After each bracket was mounted, I'd turn the motor by hand to make sure there wasn't any binding.  They seem to be the right length.  I wouldn't have used them if I could tighten them all the way.  Don't take my word for it though.  Install them and do a check to make sure screws are clear from anything in the motor housing.
2015-4-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-4-2 21:35
I tightened them down as much as I could without stripping out the head. After each bracket was mo ...

Hey Aegis

Yes, I understand and if your look at the hardware the screws have a shoulder preventing the screw from going to deep. I think we just need to be careful during assembly that's for sure.
2015-4-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Okay, I installed the new Props and all went well.

Please use a 2.0mm Allen driver wrench to make sure you get the screw tight,  but to overly so.
Note the props do not have a color dot on either the CCW or CW side. in my photo below you can see the CW prop is marked next to the hub "1345s CW" this one goes on the black shaft. The unmarked prop goes on the CCW side. I will probably mark the prop to make it easier for me.  
I am hoping to try them still this weekend, but snow is in the forecast.
IMG_5392.jpg
IMG_5393.jpg
IMG_5395.jpg
IMG_5396.jpg
2015-4-4
Use props
rich.midnightri
New

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-1 11:32
Hey Mike,

I found out today by email that DJI will be sending the Inspire owners the new E800 pro ...

Hmmm just ordered them!
2015-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You are going to like them!!
I am chicken sometimes with new things and slow to change. I was able to fly the new propellers today and they worked just great. I did not notice and sound difference between these and the originals (prop noise). They ran very smoothly no vibration at all. At this point, I do not have any way to check the balance on these props.
2015-4-4
Use props
pieter
lvl.1

Netherlands

I'm also waiting already a few months for my props te arrive. I crashed the original sets In the meanwhile I'm using carbon props. But they are more stiffer. I think my flight is less smoother, but I'm not sure cause because I have been flying in windy conditions lately.
Has anyone an experience with carbon props?
I use these:

http://www.toemen.nl/dji-inspire ... cw-ccw-p-21137.html

2015-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

pieter Posted at 2015-4-5 15:38
I'm also waiting already a few months for my props te arrive. I crashed the original sets In the m ...

Sorry my friend, I do have any personal experience with them. But I have read the carbon fiber props are stiffer. You should try the new props from DJI, I believe you would like them.

http://store.dji.com/product/134 ... -with-white-stripes
2015-4-5
Use props
pieter
lvl.1

Netherlands

i guess so to, those are reinforced with carbon and  balanced.. should give a smooth performance..
2015-4-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

pieter Posted at 2015-4-6 19:54
i guess so to, those are reinforced with carbon and  balanced.. should give a smooth performance..

I received one of the balancers for the standard props and it will work on the new version props too. Instead of threading into the prop it will push straight into the hub and lock.  Check out this link.

http://www.infinity-hobby-jp.com ... p?products_id=11252
2015-4-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

how are your props holding up? I have three flights on mine so far.
2015-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just got an email confirming shipment of new props !!!  Free props to the latest E800 version... Thank you DJI for coming through with these items for all Inspire 1 owners

2015-4-24
Use props
frysteen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 615026 ft
Australia

Is there a link somewhere to DJI's official announcement of the free replacement propellors? My reseller wants to see their official announcement before proceeding. And yes, they are an officially listed reseller of DJI products.
2015-5-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

frysteen Posted at 2015-5-16 10:34
Is there a link somewhere to DJI's official announcement of the free replacement propellors? My rese ...

This is from one of my questions to DJI support by email copied below:  I hope this helps you
Storeagent01 (DJI)
Mar 31, 10:49
Dear Rich,
Yes. We will ship at the end of April.
Thanks.

RichJ53
Mar 31, 04:06
DJI

I read in the Inspire forum that DJI is shipping free carbon fiber propellers to all Inspire 1 owners. Is this true and when would we expect these new propellers to ship to us?

Sent from Windows Mail
Rich J

Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎March‎ ‎29‎, ‎2015 ‎11‎:‎45‎ ‎PM
2015-5-15
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-7 08:39
I received one of the balancers for the standard props and it will work on the new version props t ...

Hey Rich, what is it they are applying to the propeller to balance it?  And how much of that material comes in a kit?
2015-6-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kneverett Posted at 2015-7-1 07:55
Hey Rich, what is it they are applying to the propeller to balance it?  And how much of that mater ...

Hey kneverett

No balancing material comes with the set. They use a super sticky (thin) vinyl tape. You need to clean off the prop with alcohol first then apply the tape. This works very well for me and you can use a dab of CA glue if you prefer (hard to move).  

Rich
2015-6-30
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Any difference between these props and the Inspire 1 specific props DJI is shipping? I'm especially curious about the quick-release connector itself - still plastic?  
2015-6-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-7-1 09:40
Any difference between these props and the Inspire 1 specific props DJI is shipping? I'm especially  ...

The Props that DJI provided us were the non painted tips (black) versions with the plastic hubs. These are the E800 type and are supplied with the new Inspire 1 kits.

I am using the white tip props on mine to make it easier to see in confined places. They are all the same other than the colored tips.

Hope this helps
Rich
2015-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules