UMBRA - An exercise in shadow observation and abstraction
4395 27 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
illking
lvl.2
United States

Ive been doing monthly projects and this last months theme was "Shadow" I thought the shadows you see from ariel view would be a pretty cool idea to explore. I dont feel its done and more of an idea at this point but id love to explore the theme more and add in some well shot motion timelapse with DSLR and use my osmo as well. ANyways I thought Id share it with yall.

2017-6-28
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Hi illking,

Man...it's very awesome!
You captured some great moments and on that grey scale you transform it in a superb piece of art.
Congratulations.
2017-6-28
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

Very nice
2017-6-28
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

like the vid bud
2017-6-28
Use props
illking
lvl.2
United States

Thanks guys. This was the first time I shot in manual setting using polar pro filters as well. After increasing the contrast i got a lot of noise in a few shots but im still learning the limits of this camera.
2017-6-28
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

Very nice and artful. Really different and really creative. Keep em coming
2017-6-30
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Nice bit of art work, thanks for sharing.
2017-6-30
Use props
Mauro Pagliai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Beautiful. Keep up the good work!
2017-6-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job, I like the Grayscale
2017-6-30
Use props
FilmFlight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117379 ft
Netherlands

Great video. Keep up the good work!
2017-7-3
Use props
Saskebaby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1017989 ft
Philippines

Wow amazing....thanks for sharing
2017-7-3
Use props
djiuser_ckzMDfV
New

United States

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing. In fact I was viewing it again and again. According to Carl Jung shadow is an unconscious aspect of the personality which the conscious ego does not identify in itself.
2017-7-4
Use props
fansc80f7c32
Banned

Thailand

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-5
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

very nice style and sound. looks awesome.
2017-7-5
Use props
fansc80f7c32
Banned

Thailand

2017-7-12
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

Completely off topic but what is the music used in the video?  Shazam is not being my friend on this...
2017-7-12
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

MDJ Posted at 2017-7-12 05:51
Completely off topic but what is the music used in the video?  Shazam is not being my friend on this...

Really like the video by the way...
2017-7-12
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

illking Posted at 2017-6-28 09:36
Thanks guys. This was the first time I shot in manual setting using polar pro filters as well. After increasing the contrast i got a lot of noise in a few shots but im still learning the limits of this camera.

thats was just wow, there was nothing I didnt like about it. it was properly art like if that makes sense.

2017-7-12
Use props
illking
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it was really fun to make and im happy you all enjoy it. What should the next theme be? any suggestions?   
2017-7-12
Use props
illking
lvl.2
United States

MDJ Posted at 2017-7-12 05:51

Dead Pirates - The Shape
2017-7-12
Use props
Calamal1122
Banned

Thailand

2017-7-17
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

really nice done! what i like most (beyond what others aready said in this thread): the last scene. this looks absolutely awesome! how did you do it? it remind me of shots using zoom lenses and sliders, but we all know, this isnt possible with your drone. did you composite two shots here? or did you play with lens correction fx? however: im impressed!
2017-7-19
Use props
illking
lvl.2
United States

CiRec Posted at 2017-7-19 07:54
really nice done! what i like most (beyond what others aready said in this thread): the last scene. this looks absolutely awesome! how did you do it? it remind me of shots using zoom lenses and sliders, but we all know, this isnt possible with your drone. did you composite two shots here? or did you play with lens correction fx? however: im impressed!

the effect is actually really easy to achive,  a video tutorial was posted. Essentially all you do fixate on a target and either fly your drone twords or away from it, then in post you adjust scale to keep the targeted object roughly the same scale.

2017-7-24
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent video; the bikes and the time-lapse were great.  WIthout a zoom, how did you achieve the last 10 seconds of the film, zooming into the cross whilst panning out the horizon?  Was that clever crop and zoom in post production?

Cheers,
Ian

https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon
2017-7-24
Use props
Hemlock_Cloud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 107418 ft
Canada

I have now watched this vid like 7 times. It's calm but dark, it makes me want to shoot something like that myself!!!
2017-7-30
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

Interesting monochrome footage.
One of the way to make Artistic effect.
nice.
2017-8-5
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Informative and helpful to us newbies just getting into drone photography and movies.
2017-8-5
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

illking Posted at 2017-7-24 10:54
the effect is actually really easy to achive,  a video tutorial was posted. Essentially all you do fixate on a target and either fly your drone twords or away from it, then in post you adjust scale to keep the targeted object roughly the same scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ_giZ4d2Hc&t=30s

hey! thanks a lot for your answer, and linking the video. really nice effect... and as i assumed, it is the "dolly zoom effect", but i never would have thougt of achieving it this simple with drone footage...

well, i think i might use that often in my future productions. great!
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules