49601 481 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
monch0te
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105787 ft
Spain

jchayden Posted at 2017-8-1 08:32
I was one of the few not to have any issues at all with mine before the latest update.  After the update though it's gone straight downhill.  Nothing but disconnects and black viewing screen.  Using iphone 7 connected to remote with cable.  Too nervous to fly it anymore, no fun at all.  I wish I wouldve bought the Mavic.

Same here. Not a single problem and excellent range until July's FW update. Now I get random disconnections even at short distances.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-107467-1-1.html
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LeonidLi Posted at 2017-8-1 05:32
The console switches on red two times when it is turned on. When you press the power button and delay the pressing for about 9 seconds, a beep sounds but the remote is not visible by the devices. After about a minute the remote starts to squeak but it's not visible and the lamp also flashes

In that case, the remote needs to be sent in for evaluation, really sorry for the trouble caused.
Please contact support to start a case number: http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jchayden Posted at 2017-8-1 08:32
I was one of the few not to have any issues at all with mine before the latest update.  After the update though it's gone straight downhill.  Nothing but disconnects and black viewing screen.  Using iphone 7 connected to remote with cable.  Too nervous to fly it anymore, no fun at all.  I wish I wouldve bought the Mavic.

Would you please export the data so we can analyze it for you?
There are 3 files in total, here is the tutorial for your reference:
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cubi Posted at 2017-8-2 22:24
I've sent you a message with my RMA number. Let's hope they can fix the problem.

I received your message and responded, please keep me updated, thanks.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

monch0te Posted at 2017-8-3 04:29
Same here. Not a single problem and excellent range until July's FW update. Now I get random disconnections even at short distances.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-107467-1-1.html

Would you please export the data for further analysis? Thank you very much.
2017-8-3
Use props
monch0te
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105787 ft
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-3 05:20

Done:
Flight Data: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqpxv6 ... 2_23-20-13.DAT?dl=0
Black Box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0erau56u2mni1g/BlackBox.zip?dl=0
Controller Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/759v4i ... 1-23-06%5D.txt?dl=0

Also added them to my thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-107467-1-1.html

2017-8-3
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-3 05:20
https://youtu.be/ngEHdAlAh9A

Dear Natalia,

This my first attempt to fly a bit further with the Spark. The first 2 batteries without issues but the third battery lost signals several times. The routes of the three flights were about the same. I knew that I am flying in an area full of WiFi interferences. Please see if this is normal. I am scarce to fly it anymore further than just around the park.

1st Battery
http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... ENERALNotifications

2nd battery

3rd Battery The loss of signals

And if this is normal when loss of data that Warning- Obstacle Avoidance Disabled. Fly with caution happened?
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

monch0te Posted at 2017-8-3 05:33
Done:

Also added them to my thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-107467-1-1.html

Thanks, I replied your another post and forwarded the data to engineers, will keep you updated in your new thread, please follow up it there.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2017-8-3 05:50
Dear Natalia,

This my first attempt to fly a bit further with the Spark. The first 2 batteries without issues but the third battery lost signals several times. The routes of the three flights were about the same. I knew that I am flying in an area full of WiFi interferences. Please see if this is normal. I am scarce to fly it anymore further than just around the park.

Sorry, you uploaded the data to a third party website, we're not able to review it.
Please refer to the tutorial I posted above to export the data then upload it to Dropbox, thank you very much!

2017-8-3
Use props
LeonidLi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25085 ft
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-3 05:11
In that case, the remote needs to be sent in for evaluation, really sorry for the trouble caused.
Please contact support to start a case number: http://www.dji.com/support/product

I already did it, all the week I sent the clips and poked the buttons as directed by the support. As a result: send your remote control to China for study. And all it took was to do it as a Mavik, so that the remote would be connected to the computer. Now it's easier for me to throw out the old one and buy a new one than send it from Russia to China and wait for six months. We are soon winter, I already lost two months on the correspondence with you
2017-8-4
Use props
fansa04ebe3b
New
Flight distance : 79839 ft
Singapore

My SPARK crashed after RC lost connection! Now one arm is broke and I am grounded. Please help!

Version - v01.00.0500

Case number - 671913

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0nfparj14hcws7/DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-08-06_01-02-50.DAT?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0g2w06v0v2asujb/AADXzxZ6v9T7OtZvwWkbLLAwa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb603hel7lasaad/AABYedq1mx360b2xBj2SgeD6a?dl=0
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansa04ebe3b Posted at 2017-8-5 10:08
My SPARK crashed after RC lost connection! Now one arm is broke and I am grounded. Please help!

Version - v01.00.0500

Sorry to hear about the crash, just to verify, did you get a repair case to send it in for evaluation?
We'll help you analyze the data and let you know why it happened.
2017-8-6
Use props
xarrell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155902 ft
Latvia

Could you, please, send me a firmware?
2017-8-7
Use props
fansc2c60b65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14006 ft
United States

Just got the firmware update for the RC to stop the mid flight disconnects.  IT WORKED!!!!!  Flew through 2 batteries, and no problem!!!!  No video disconnects either!  Just open your DJI GO 4 app, and it will notify you of the RC firmware update.

Also tested the RTH function, and it worked as well.

Just as I was filling out the form for a refund.  Just in time (for me anyway).
2017-8-9
Use props
roberteb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131417 ft
Nigeria

Which version ?
2017-8-9
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Fansc2c60b65 which remote version number the one that came out July 26th or is there a new one?
2017-8-9
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No new firmware update for me today for the RC.
2017-8-9
Use props
fansc2c60b65
lvl.1
United States

RC Firmware version:  01.00.0300
App Version:  4.1.5
App Database:  01.00.01.04
Aircraft Version:  01.00.0500

It's the RC Firmware that I had a notice on this morning when I turned on the DJI GO 4 app, with the phone connected to the internet!  The "What's New" for this version says that it corrects the disconnect problem!  Previous updates did not claim to do that.

Oh, one more thing.  When I flew it, it warned about interferrence, and said to turn off Bluetooth.  Which I did, prior to flight.

Good Luck!
2017-8-9
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Our of curiosity, has anyone else had the Spark disconnect when using the OTG Cable, like mine ? http://amzn.to/2uHrfTa
2017-8-9
Use props
fansc2c60b65
lvl.1
United States

So, has anybody else received the fix?????
2017-8-10
Use props
wisnia.sebastia
lvl.1

Hong Kong

We have read your flight data. Sorry to inform you that the aircraft crashed when RTH. And Spark will Return to home at a flight speed of 10m/s and cannot avoid obstacles when RTH is triggered and the aircraft is further than 100m from the home point.
2017-8-15
Use props
Odie Samuel
New
Indonesia

This happened to me too, after the update i received 1 month ago ( The one that can record video with gesture mode ) . I'm using android ( LG V20 ) connected to my remote control. At first i tried it at back of my home. I flied it to 30meters and my handphone got disconnected from the remote control. But i still can control the spark using the controller, so i managed to back it home with my self. At this fly, dji record my RTH point automatically. Then i thought it happened because the poor reception that i got from back of my house, so i tried to fly it in front of my house. After about 30 second the same thing happened again. My handphone lost its connection to the RC. I tried to bring it back home. When i about try to land it ( like 1 meter in front of me ). Suddenly it fly upwards and crashed against big metal bar. The camera got smashed into metal railing after falling 3 meters from the ground. I think it happened because it tried to RTH because it lost its connection

Right now i'm really mad because what i have is 3 broken propeller and dented camera.

Do you know where i can get replacement / service center ? Right now i live in Indonesia and i dont know where to look
2017-8-16
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oww8o ... nnRtvhd2cDv79a?dl=0

Flew Spark 2X.  Once out of sight, aircraft disconnected both times.  WHY?
2017-8-18
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

Tried again with a new battery.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxobm ... goALTrM3vMHuUa?dl=0

Also, every time I connect to DJI Assistant 2, I get this message and I re-install the firmware.  It never stops.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/99416bxtcss2jgn/Untitled.jpg?dl=0
2017-8-18
Use props
eddySh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1220 ft
United States

I bought brand new RC, paired it to spark, upgraded all firmware and saw exact same issue !!!! Really disappointed now. Anyone able to get any fix for this !! I was expecting to fly out to the distance now I cant even fly few meters !!
2017-8-21
Use props
spearson
lvl.1
United States

I have been experiencing the issue of the drone disconnecting as well. I had to send my RC back to DJI for review as I couldn't get it to pair with my Spark nor would it show up via the application.

In the meantime, I've been flying via my iPhone 6 with the latest version of iOS and the DJI GO app. Hopefully when the RC arrives this Friday it will work better. I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet, as I've read that the battery life doesn't last as long but if the latest firmware  solves the issue of Spark disconnecting, I'd be willing to try it.
2017-8-21
Use props
Cubi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27776 ft
Germany

I just wanted to post the outcome of my issue. After sending my Spark to DJI they replaced my RC due to "short connection". I took the Spark on one flight since then and it worked pefectly for the first time. I hope all issues could have been fixed by replacing the RC!
2017-8-27
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

The RC with iphone 6 disconnected while in a Gesture Mode. I was practicing the gesture palm launch and after about my 5th time doing a palm takeoff, I had No control with the RC! So I looked down and the green light went to red on the RC and the iphone 6 said it was disconnected.  Had to grab it out of the air then turn sideways to stop. Now I come across this thread. OH BOY!  now I will run some more tests!  Please Note: I was only using the Gesture Palm Takeoff then imitatively taking control with the RC. Worked great until about the 5th time!!!!!  if this happens again.... I may return it for my money back.
2017-8-28
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bobsma Posted at 2017-8-28 12:37
The RC with iphone 6 disconnected while in a Gesture Mode. I was practicing the gesture palm launch and after about my 5th time doing a palm takeoff, I had No control with the RC! So I looked down and the green light went to red on the RC and the iphone 6 said it was disconnected.  Had to grab it out of the air then turn sideways to stop. Now I come across this thread. OH BOY!  now I will run some more tests!  Please Note: I was only using the Gesture Palm Takeoff then imitatively taking control with the RC. Worked great until about the 5th time!!!!!  if this happens again.... I may return it for my money back.

Were you using wifi to connect iPhone to RC, or were you using wired connection?  The reason I ask is that I've had mixed results with wifi, and a lot more success with wired (OTG) connection.

Wifi connection has improved since the latest firmware update, but in my tests it's still not as reliable as OTG.

P.S.  Some of my use cases are exactly the same as you described:   Using the RC, but launching from the palm.
2017-8-28
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-28 12:43
Were you using wifi to connect iPhone to RC, or were you using wired connection?  The reason I ask is that I've had mixed results with wifi, and a lot more success with wired (OTG) connection.

Wifi connection has improved since the latest firmware update, but in my tests it's still not as reliable as OTG.

No cable, just wireless (I need to order an OTG adapter.)  I was able to replicate the same exact disconnect again. A regular flight in my large backyard was totally connected including a few Gesture Palm takeoffs and Gesture palm landings with the DJI Spark Remote and iphone 6 connected. Then towards the middle of the flight I only did The Gesture palm takeoffs/landings and just like before,  after my 4th or 5th try.... a total disconnect with the RC going from a solid green to a solid red... This time though I was able to do a successful Gesture Palm Landing.  (the last time I had to grab it out of the air and turn it sideways to stop the motors.)
2017-8-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bobsma Posted at 2017-8-29 03:34
No cable, just wireless (I need to order an OTG adapter.)  I was able to replicate the same exact disconnect again. A regular flight in my large backyard was totally connected including a few Gesture Palm takeoffs and Gesture palm landings with the DJI Spark Remote and iphone 6 connected. Then towards the middle of the flight I only did The Gesture palm takeoffs/landings and just like before,  after my 4th or 5th try.... a total disconnect with the RC going from a solid green to a solid red... This time though I was able to do a successful Gesture Palm Landing.  (the last time I had to grab it out of the air and turn it sideways to stop the motors.)

Being totally theoretical here:  It's possible that in proximity of your house is a lot of wifi traffic which is causing communication issues between your RC and spark.  If/when you get an OTG cable, you can test and determine if your connection is more stable (it will be).

Also, you can try a more remote location and see if you have a more stable wifi connection.  And finally, there are some wifi analyzer apps you can use to visually get a report of the wifi congestion in your neighborhood.
2017-8-29
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-29 05:12
Being totally theoretical here:  It's possible that in proximity of your house is a lot of wifi traffic which is causing communication issues between your RC and spark.  If/when you get an OTG cable, you can test and determine if your connection is more stable (it will be).

Also, you can try a more remote location and see if you have a more stable wifi connection.  And finally, there are some wifi analyzer apps you can use to visually get a report of the wifi congestion in your neighborhood.

well I was thinking the same thing about being close to my home because there is a cordless phone on 5.8 nearby where I did get the disconnect/red light on the RC. ALSO PLEASE NOTE: the second time I got the disconnect I had just got a low battery warning on my iphone 6, it was at 19% then a few seconds later I noticed the red light on the RC and the Disconnect warning on the iphone 6. Today when testing with a fully charged iphone. I was Not able to get any disconnects and I ran the exact same test in the exact some location and another location. I must of done the test 30 times. the palm takeoff and palm landing using the Gesture with the RC connected of course.  I will report back.
2017-8-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bobsma Posted at 2017-8-29 16:40
well I was thinking the same thing about being close to my home because there is a cordless phone on 5.8 nearby where I did get the disconnect/red light on the RC. ALSO PLEASE NOTE: the second time I got the disconnect I had just got a low battery warning on my iphone 6, it was at 19% then a few seconds later I noticed the red light on the RC and the Disconnect warning on the iphone 6. Today when testing with a fully charged iphone. I was Not able to get any disconnects and I ran the exact same test in the exact some location and another location. I must of done the test 30 times. the palm takeoff and palm landing using the Gesture with the RC connected of course.  I will report back.

I'm completely and totally unfamiliar with the iPhone...  maybe it has a power saving mode that limits the wifi power?
2017-8-30
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-30
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-8-30
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-8-30
Use props
Rallyass
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9665 ft
Germany

I had similiar problems without the Remote.
The Spark disconnected several times with my mobile. It just stood in the air and waited for the phone to connect again. Luckily it was possible to reconnect and land.
I don't know but i think with the old firmware it worked without problems. Next week i get the remote, but if it's disconnecting from that in flight too, i'm really considering to sell it.
2017-8-30
Use props
lelehc
New
Flight distance : 82362 ft
Italy

Same thing happened to me, I lost control of it at 110m, I was even watching it,  the drone went in RTH mode itself at full speed, with sensor deactivated. It crashed on a church tower, breaking one arm and 2 engines. Totally nulled. I am still shocked, since I couldn't avoid it in any case and I didn't do anything but losing connection... any ideas?
2017-8-30
Use props
dookilooki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27618 ft
United States

i tried to fly my spark 3 times (different days) last week, and each time i get remote disconnected mid flight on second battery, and the drone is between 1-20 meter from the controller. i think it is heat issue, but not confident as last time it happened as soon as i started the spark on first battery.
DJI can you explain and help?
2017-9-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules