Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

I can not believe that it does not have a solution .... or even to accept the problem from DJI ... a simple thing to do would be to release the last valid firmware only with a new provisory number, until I set the current one with problems..
2017-8-26
Use props
dave72
lvl.1
Canada

Rolled back to 0503 (tried 0604 as well) and was experimenting. After rolling back to 0503 and 0604, the VPS system is not functional. Front and bottom camera's do not work. Drone will land hard if you're not careful. No detection when you're close to any objects. Everything 100% functional when I put the latest v2 firmware back on.

No wobbles on 0503/0604

This leads me to believe that the problem is with new firmware pushed to the VPS. I haven't tested this yet, but I'm going to put the latest back on and disable VPS and see if this fixes (or at least works-around) the wobbles on the latest version.
2017-8-26
Use props
dave72
lvl.1
Canada

Just tested. Upgraded to latest and calibrated the forward/down facing cameras.

- No change when just disabling VPS.
- However, disabling obstacle avoidance had a marked improvement. There was the occasional wobble but the were few and far between. Flight seemed much smoother.
- Re-enabled VPS (kept obstacle avoidance off), Same - marked improvement, smooth landings. Hardly any wobbles.
2017-8-26
Use props
fans0fce35f1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11965 ft
France

Depuis la mise à jour, mon drone est instable et donc reste dans sa boite. Difficile de comprendre la logique de cette mise à jour catastrophique ? La notion de "clients" pour DJi semble aussi étrange que leur communication.
2017-8-26
Use props
fans0fce35f1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11965 ft
France

Perte de signal et dérive depuis la mise à jour; l'avion n'est plus opérationnel. Et maintenant DJi, on fait quoi ?
2017-8-26
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I dont even think you can update a p4 like that. You may can, I really dont know but I believe thats the process for updating a p3.
2017-8-26
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fans0fce35f1 Posted at 2017-8-26 07:36
Perte de signal et dérive depuis la mise à jour; l'avion n'est plus opérationnel. Et maintenant DJi, on fait quoi ?

Estoy de acuerdo contigo 100%. No contestarán sus preguntas. Aún no admitirán que se trata de un problema de firmware. Ellos dicen que es hardware y quieren que usted pague $ 250 para arreglarlo. La única opción es devolverlo con una aplicación de terceros.
2017-8-26
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

DJI n est pas presse de regler ce probleme, ca fais presque 2 mois que ca perdure. Soit tu continue d attendre que DJI sorte un nouveau firmware ou tu downgrade au firmware d avant avec le third party application....
2017-8-26
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P4 just lost control and fell out of the sky after pretty much disconnecting and RTH. Totaled
2017-8-26
Use props
user890b5fd1cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3130 ft
France

wormz30 Posted at 2017-8-26 14:54
I don't know about you guys, but I'm down to look into starting a class-action lawsuit if the Phantoms are falling out of the sky and crashing, causing damage to property, injuring people, etc. not including damaging the drones themselves.

Hi to all
Dowgrade carried out easly   ,wobbling issue disapeared   in windy condition . However i have noticed   small drifting  in hover (vertical and horrizontal )    that i have not seen up to know.
I will redo some test without wind.

DJi customer support are below what we could expect , we need at least temporary solution to fix these firmware issues and to know if  last firmware update leads security questions .
2017-8-26
Use props
fans3f9e34c6
New

Italy

Anch' io phantom 4 problemi di instabilita' e movimenti veloci dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento firmware ipad mini3 sono disponibile a testare firmware nuovo
2017-8-27
Use props
fans62fcc81b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 599308 ft
Australia

Anyone in Australia that is sick of DJI lack of interest in this should now report them to ACCC. Lets make them accountable.  https://www.accc.gov.au/contact- ... rt-a-consumer-issue
2017-8-27
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

fans0fce35f1 Posted at 2017-8-26 07:36

Ils ne vous répondront pas. Ils ne se soucient pas. Tout ce que vous pouvez faire est de redresser le micrologiciel à l'aide de l'application tierce et de la version du microprogramme 602.
2017-8-28
Use props
HCADAMS3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219278 ft
United States

dave72 Posted at 2017-8-26 07:08
Just tested. Upgraded to latest and calibrated the forward/down facing cameras.

- No change when just disabling VPS.

It is definitely messing up VPS I think we all suspected that.   The issue is that DJI is not responding to this issue in any kind of helpful way.{:4_154:}
2017-8-28
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Two beta firmwares have been released for testing for those who applied, so they are working on it.
2017-8-28
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question... What firmware version number does your DJI Go 4 app say you have? Mine says i have the latest, but it says 1.8 and 1.92 for controller...
2017-8-28
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

wormz30 Posted at 2017-8-28 06:46
Question... What firmware version number does your DJI Go 4 app say you have? Mine says i have the latest, but it says 1.8 and 1.92 for controller...

App: 4.1.5, RC : 1.9.2, 1.8 was the prior version.
2017-8-28
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5459859 ft
  • >>>
Spain

The problem recording un 4K it is present in the new beta..............
2017-8-28
Use props
fans62fcc81b
lvl.1
Australia

Okay everyone, this is how I fixed my drone today. DJI finally sent thru firmware for the downgrade and also an upgrade to the Beta version. Do the UPGRADE via Assistant, because the downgrade will restrict you to 30m height and 50m distance which is useless. Once you upgrade to the beta version, then do a VPS calibration via assistant. Now if you cant see the dots on the calibration screen, lower your screen resolution and this will fix the problem. Once you've done the VPS calibration shut the drone down, take out the battery and let it cool for 30 mins. Then do a IMU calibration as soon as you start it up again. My drone is now flying smoothly and behaving how it should. If you havent got the Beta version, call DJI and hassle them and escalate until they send it to your account. Hope that helps everyone.
2017-8-28
Use props
fans27dc0c8d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461611 ft
United Kingdom

fans62fcc81b Posted at 2017-8-28 22:06
Okay everyone, this is how I fixed my drone today. DJI finally sent thru firmware for the downgrade and also an upgrade to the Beta version. Do the UPGRADE via Assistant, because the downgrade will restrict you to 30m height and 50m distance which is useless. Once you upgrade to the beta version, then do a VPS calibration via assistant. Now if you cant see the dots on the calibration screen, lower your screen resolution and this will fix the problem. Once you've done the VPS calibration shut the drone down, take out the battery and let it cool for 30 mins. Then do a IMU calibration as soon as you start it up again. My drone is now flying smoothly and behaving how it should. If you havent got the Beta version, call DJI and hassle them and escalate until they send it to your account. Hope that helps everyone.

Save us time and hassle by uploading the beta and inbox me the dl url, i would apprc that.
2017-8-28
Use props
Abdul Baset
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1649416 ft
Qatar

I am experiencing the same issue.. It is completely shaky footage.. Currently i am managing with Premiere Warp stablizer to smooth the footage.
2017-8-28
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

Exactly in section 4 Phantom does not have to download the Beta version. Where to get it? I support - fans27dc0c8d - please upload a .bin file
2017-8-28
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

Abdul Baset Posted at 2017-8-28 22:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYjvlBaaGCU&t=40s

I am experiencing the same issue.. It is completely shaky footage.. Currently i am managing with Premiere Warp stablizer to smooth the footage.

I have the same situation - the picture shakes because dron rages - ver.0106
2017-8-28
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

Do I understand that now how do I perform an update via Assistant, it will automatically download the latest ver. Beta from DJI servers?
2017-8-28
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Rob W Posted at 2017-8-28 05:41
Two beta firmwares have been released for testing for those who applied, so they are working on it.

That doesn't give me any confidence, it's almost 8 weeks since they released the failware and by all reports, the beta firmware hasn't fixed anything. DJI still haven't formally acknowledged the litany of issues from the FW. Their 'customer support' (I use that term loosely since there's no real support) apparently have no idea about the firmware issues. DJI is a mess and an absolute disgraceful company to deal with. Yes, they make fantastic products, but those products are worthless with a world's worst support environment.
2017-8-29
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

So is this the new beta firmware and is it flying without problems is that correct? What about the camera is it working ok too?
2017-8-29
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
France

gyrex Posted at 2017-8-29 02:46
That doesn't give me any confidence, it's almost 8 weeks since they released the failware and by all reports, the beta firmware hasn't fixed anything. DJI still haven't formally acknowledged the litany of issues from the FW. Their 'customer support' (I use that term loosely since there's no real support) apparently have no idea about the firmware issues. DJI is a mess and an absolute disgraceful company to deal with. Yes, they make fantastic products, but those products are worthless with a world's worst support environment.

Sorry, but it is not up to me to give you confidence in what DJI do. All I can say is that they are working on it. I'm waiting as everyone else, though my P4 seems to fly well.
2017-8-29
Use props
fans62fcc81b
lvl.1
Australia

For those that have asked for copies of the Beta version, you have to get DJI to put these on your account and you update via Assistant only, not your app.  When it's on your account you will have in order from the top, 1/ the latest beta version, 2/ the current version which caused all the problems, and 3/ and older beta version which I suspect is the old firmware with some changes. The only problem with the older beta file is that you may be restricted to 30m / 50m, so I'd go for the latest beta file.  If the operator you speak too claims not to know about it, ask to speak to their superior. You dont want to be uploading firmware from third party sites otherwise if something goes wrong you will void your warranties if you brick your drone.
2017-8-29
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

Again downgrade using an external program (Assistans do not have downgrade) and then upgrade Assistanse to 0106 - NIC DOES NOT CHANGE, it shakes again as if you wanted to throw something out.
2017-8-29
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

This means that officially do not have to give you the latest beta. Did you do as you described?
2017-8-29
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

fans62fcc81b Posted at 2017-8-29 17:38
For those that have asked for copies of the Beta version, you have to get DJI to put these on your account and you update via Assistant only, not your app.  When it's on your account you will have in order from the top, 1/ the latest beta version, 2/ the current version which caused all the problems, and 3/ and older beta version which I suspect is the old firmware with some changes. The only problem with the older beta file is that you may be restricted to 30m / 50m, so I'd go for the latest beta file.  If the operator you speak too claims not to know about it, ask to speak to their superior. You dont want to be uploading firmware from third party sites otherwise if something goes wrong you will void your warranties if you brick your drone.

Hi,
Cud you please make copy of you last beta and give us link for download? It is much faster way then going through support. That is you firmware version now (new beta)?
Thanks.
2017-8-29
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

jancop1 Posted at 2017-8-29 22:55
I just talked over CHAT - he sent me back to support me to send an email about this.

As for the beta version, it probably will not be able to copy because it is probably somehow downloaded online by Assistans 2 and the user has no access to that.

Once it's  on the drone, people should be able to use that unmentionable third party utility to make a copy.
2017-8-29
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I just talked over CHAT - he sent me back to support me to send an email about this.

As for the beta version, it probably will not be able to copy because it is probably somehow downloaded online by Assistans 2 and the user has no access to that.

Once it's installed on the drone, they can make a copy.
2017-8-29
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

2017-8-29
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

JockC Posted at 2017-8-29 22:54
Once it's installed on the drone, they can make a copy.

You're right. The external program has the option of "backup soft".
2017-8-29
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Then software is already flashed to P4 by assistant, you can use special tool to make copy from your drone.
2017-8-29
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

To be clear, I do not have this ver.beta, I'm waiting for her too
2017-8-30
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

I do not know from where you have these BETA versions, I got this answer from Dji's support:

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We thank you for your interest in our products! Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with your request at beta firmware.
Temporarily there is no notice about beta firmware , do you know where do they get beta firmware from?
However we would like to help you. For the unstable issue, we are also very concerned about this issue .Can you kindly offer a detailed description with snaps?
Your information would be much appreciated.
If you have any other questions, please reply to this email and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic weekend!
Shirley
DJI – The Future of Possible
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00) "

I answered:
"Hello.
Your approach as a support customer is described in this forum thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-103711-33-1.html
  - my problem is almost the same as writing about the latest software ver.0106 users around the world on the 33 pages of the above mentioned thread in Dji forum.
Sure you know what's going on with the D4 P4, but I'll repeat: it's unstable, it shakes, it violently brakes, it's afraid to land on the ground so it does not crash, so I grab it with my hand.
Officially you can not go back to ver. 0105 - the former, you do not officially give this option to Assistant 2
If you do not want to give ver. Beta, I want to know when you will seriously treat your customers?"
2017-8-30
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

The latest beta does not work. My P4 is still wobbling and the camera randomly shooting down when filming 4K@30. I tested both betas and got the same results, DJI reviewed the flying logs and then they asked me to send then my aircraft. My P4 is still under warranty (I only had it for 2 months) so I shipped it back.
2017-8-30
Use props
jancop1
lvl.1

Poland

What does it mean?
All Dji P4 are damaged? Are they damaged after updating? Funny, but it may not be funny - you have to cry for such a deal to support Dji
Clearly the bug is causing new software, and they are looking for fault in the drones

It remains to wait in sorrow when installed v.0105
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules