Firmware upgrade progress - doing it right now - 1.11.20 P3 Adva..
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Ok, I decided to do it, check if I have any issues...  So as I go....
I was at the latest on the app (android, multiple devices), controller was on 1.8.0, aircraft was on 1.10.90...
Just upgraded the radio to 1.9.2. Confirmed the aircraft connected and all functions seemed to work. Did not fly.
Now waiting on the aircraft to go to 1.11.20 - and I have total of 5 batteries, will run thorugh those.
When that is done I will do some testing, we will see what happens... I think I am doing this because I don't want to keep cleaning the house, I don;t want to mow the grass, and also want to make sure I am all good for flying tomorrow ;)
Update dione, 1 battery for now, leaving the firmware on the card.
Had to go through pretty much all the settings, and quite a few were back to default.
The map now shows ALL warning zones, where before I had it show only some... So the area almost everywhere is full of green... mind you, green should not be in any way preventing me from flying. Will see...
Dinner then some test flights ;)
OK, back frpom testing....
So, first I flew without the tablet.. I've never seen the drone be so geofenced in - just like they said 50 ft sirce or something like that.. quite cool!
Then I flew with tablet, no internet. Frle no problem! That is NOT what I expected.. I still expected to be locked in, but I guess not... Flew about 800 feet away....
Now I flipped back to no tablket, and were dfanced in again.... well, that did alarm me a bit, but....
Next test, tablet and internwt.. Flight as usuall, no issues at all.
One more test with no tablet - just the radio - no restrictions!

Hope this will be the case diuring my flights tomorrow - no event is a good flight!

I did turn off the GEO system, then enabled it, have seen no impact.. I think it would only display warnings or not. I am pretty sure the airport and other sych NFZs are in the firmware, as they always  were - this just adds stuff that DJI adds in the software...

Anyhow, had not a single issue... that's how I like it....

It NEVER asked me to relogin into the app.. I thought it's supposed to.. but as it did not, and I had no iussues flying, I'll just take it as is....

So thus far.. 1.11.20 did not cause me any grief! (BTW, neither did upgrading my shield and tab 10.1 to android 7! This was a big issue a few months ago, so I am happy there too!)

Be safe and enjoy floow pilots!
Did another test flight at night, all good - had NO internet!

2017-7-8
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Hey, DJI, could one of you guys confirm 2 things for me? That seems to be contention based on what I see on other forums, facebook, so on.....:
1. Is, from now on, internet needed during every flight?
2. Will restrictions  ALWAYS kick in when flying just with the radio, no app? And what is it is again? 100ft up, 50 ft radius?

I figure the more places u mention it, the more places the users can find the info!

Thx!
2017-7-10
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Upgrader and tested P3 Pro today, no issues as well! exact same behavior!
I flew both drones with no internet today, no issues at all...
2017-7-13
Use props
kovbenc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128560 ft
Hungary

Phantomski Posted at 2017-7-10 08:34
Hey, DJI, could one of you guys confirm 2 things for me? That seems to be contention based on what I see on other forums, facebook, so on.....:
1. Is, from now on, internet needed during every flight?
2. Will restrictions  ALWAYS kick in when flying just with the radio, no app? And what is it is again? 100ft up, 50 ft radius?

As far as I know, you have to login to the DJI Go app only ONCE, and you will stay logged in (until you log out). So you don't need to have internet during all your flights. :-) You can do the login at home, and take your drone to fly anywhere... :-) And you can also use the Litchi app, which also needs you to login only once.

As of the second question, I'm not sure, I've never flown my dron without the app... but maybe I'll try it someday...
2017-7-23
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45249 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

update, calibrate, test diffrent android cellphone, rec 4k video and flew my p3p indoors for several minutes drain all 3 batteries.  up,down,up,down and left,right left, right and fast 360 twist and turn clockwise counterclockwise. turn off and on RC. still connects. so far its good update ever since! its stable for me? cant wait to fly outside? good job dji! dont screw again with another bad firmware.
2017-7-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

u have to power on your motors, after u log in.. or else the login does not seem to count 100%, so I took off with internet, then killed the internet.
2017-7-24
Use props
cgh1
lvl.1

United States

OK, so now I'm a little confused...  So Phontomski - you're saying we need the Internet to start a flight?  Most areas I fly will not have Internet/WiFi available unless I tether from my phone and there may not be connectivity on my phone either.  I've not performed the update yet and won't until I'm clear on this possible show-stopper for me.

Surely dji knows that Internet being a requirement is going to be a major problem...

Thanks for all the testing, posting and knowledge sharing!!
2017-7-25
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

Only first flight after the update, or if u r flying with an NFZ unlock.. Otherwise no internet needed.
I simply noticed that powering on the drone, but not starting the motors, does not fully work as "first flight after update"....
2017-7-26
Use props
cgh1
lvl.1

United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-7-26 00:18
Only first flight after the update, or if u r flying with an NFZ unlock.. Otherwise no internet needed.
I simply noticed that powering on the drone, but not starting the motors, does not fully work as "first flight after update"....

Awesome - Thanks for the info!
The other thread around this got so in the weeds, I gave up on getting any reliable info.  It's like a bad day in Congress over there!  LOL

Thanks again!
2017-7-26
Use props
cgh1
lvl.1

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-20 15:59
I have both the ZenPad 8 380M & S8 580C, also a ZenPad 10, ZenPad S3 10, & ZenPad 7C.  Runs fine on all of mine except the 7C which is too laggy due to only 1GB RAM.

Hey Bird,
How do you have your 580C configured?  The only apps I've loaded are drone specific and I don't use it for anything else but my experience is far different from yours.  I'm wondering what I've got/set incorrect on mine that I might be able to fix and actually use it with my P4P.

Or if it is/could be an inconsistency in hardware & FW implementation from ASUS - something that a lot of people in other communities have complained about.  I just purchased mine in May and it's running Android 6.0.1 (latest available for it AFAIK).  It should be as up to date as it can be...

Cheers,
C
2017-7-26
Use props
kiborggg
New
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello Everyone.
I read the forum regularly although I'm not active in writing. This time I share the problem with my fellow pilots. My Phantom 3 Adv can not fly more than 30m in height and in the distance. After 5 days of research, downgrade, upgrading and more, I think I found the cause and solution of the problem. I think the problem is DJI Go application. After more hours of testing and testing, I came to the conclusion that if you do not cancel the application after each flight, but completely from the recently launched applications you will have a problem with the limitation of flight height and distance. Every time I repeatedly turned on the remote, I started the application but from start, loading the app (of course, I was loged in), so I started the phantom, I flew more than 30m every time. I tried that with 6 batteries in 2 days. Every time I turned on the remote and the application was already running, although I was logged in, I was limited to 30m in height after flight. I suggest that until the correct version of the application is there, you turn it off completely before the next flight. I hope I helped someone this. greetings from Bosnia and Herzegovina
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules