Anybody know anything about DJI repair queue 'position'?
12Next >
5081 62 2015-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Sent my Phantom back to DJI for repair, it is listed as B5 in repair queue.  Any clue what that means?
2015-3-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Nothing concrete, however...
My guesses are as follows:
Could B5 minutes..
Could B5 hours..
Could B5 days..
Could B5 weeks..
Could B5 months...
In any case, it is in the queue and it is being looked after...I would call them or send them an email if you hear nothing back after 5 weeks....
2015-3-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-20 09:53
Nothing concrete, however...
My guesses are as follows:
Could B5 minutes..

That is funny, but so true!
2015-3-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-20 09:54
That is funny, but so true!

Sorry, but I could not help it, it was perfect!..and I am still laughing...and I am still laughing...my wife thinks I had a mental flyaway....
Hope it does not put me down the Totem Pole...If we cannot have a bit of fun and poke a bit of fun..what else would we have?
2015-3-19
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

That is funny.  Got me to smile even though I am going through flight withdrawal.  Last time I saw my Phantom was 2/27/15, the day I shipped it to California.  The week before that was the unintentional landing.
2015-3-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

5 unit in line for repair on the B line.
2015-3-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

That doesn't sound bad, as long as I don't have to wait for 1,000 units to be repaired on the A line first!
2015-3-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-21 03:22
5 unit in line for repair on the B line.

I looked exactly like your avatar the first time the screen flashed the LOST CONNECTION message.   Scared the crap out of me.
2015-3-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

That is a sickening feeling.
2015-3-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Guess things move very slow.......Still at position B5.  For past 12 days.
2015-3-24
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

17 days now.  Went from position B5 to 'checked in'.  I don't know if that's better or worse.  That's on top of the week it took to ship it there via Fedex and the week it sat there before they checked it in.
2015-3-29
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Where did you find the queue. I have one in for repair also
2015-3-29
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

When you log into the Zendesk using the email they sent you and log in,  click on activities under your name,  then click on the last activity.  Mine says checked into repair queue.  Once you clicked on that, you should see Repair Status Update in a frame to the right.  Mine was saying position B5, now it just says Checked In.  18 days now.  Plus 2 weeks of shipping and sitting around time.  If I don't get an email update in a couple days, I'm calling.
2015-3-30
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine shipped out yesterday and will arrive today.  The repair center is ten minutes from my home but we're not allowed to drop it off.  I hope their estimate of 5 to 6 weeks is long but who knows?  I had to buy a new phantom 2 for a shoot i'm doing, and to make sure i didn't go through withdrawals from not flying.  It's hard to believe that something like the phantom is so much fun to fly and also a great relaxation tool in the middle of the day.  The video is a huge bonus.
2015-3-31
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

they are saying 5 to 6 weeks now?  They said 3-4 weeks when I sent mine in.  Can't believe you couldn't drop it off.  Cost me 35 bucks to ship  it Fedex from East coast.
2015-3-31
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Checked in 20 days now and still no update.
2015-4-1
Use props
jackg
New
Flight distance : 107785 ft
United States

Yesterday mine said repair completed and then today i got this update" UNIT CHECKED INTO QUEUE. Have no idea whether it is done or not..
2015-4-8
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mine was received at their dock over a week ago and i have received no update.  i can ride my bike to their facility.  Damn
2015-4-8
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I'm glad I'm not so close or my presence might initiate a police response.  They have had mine well over a month now without update.  30 minutes of on hold phone call was useless.   All they said is that it is a 5-6 week turnaround now.  My initial RMA email said 3-4 weeks.  Guy told me they are swamped and extremely backlogged.  I imagine this problem is only going to get worse.
2015-4-9
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I hope I never have to send mine in. I think I would opt to take it to a local shop and pay. Some other posts regarding the issue of no video on their phones or devices after a firmware update (and there are lots) other than the Phantom data are being told to send their birds in for repair. Several posts later it is confirmed that it is caused by a bad wifi unit which can be purchased from a shop for $189......I would order the part rather than wait 2 or more months.
2015-4-9
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I'm sorry I sent it in.  I'm also thinking I would have rather paid someone to fix the gimbal rather than wait this long, and possibly have them say it is not a warranty issue, and me have to pay them anyway.
2015-4-9
Use props
doc43
lvl.2

United States

I sent my P2 to the Southern California repair center in late February to deal with the ESC compatibility issue. It is on its way back to me today by FedEx. All the work was done under warranty thus no cost to me.
2015-4-9
Use props
homer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612457 ft
United States

03/09/15 My unit was received via UPS location: Dock

03/18/15 (7 Working Days) Received an Email.
03/18/15 My unit was checked into their system. STATUS: Awaiting Your Reply.

03/30/15 (8 Working Days) I posted a reply " I don't know what the question was"  STATUS instantly changed to OPEN.

04/07/15 (6 Working Days) I signed on, Last Activity is now 4/7/15 Status still OPEN
04/07/15 I have more detail on the current status, like (amount due) and (repair status update) which says repaired.
04/07/15 My Info Name, Address, Etc and RMA number had always been displayed.

04/09/15 (2 Working Days) No Change and no email since 3/18/15

Summery
Total Time in their possession 31 days (22 Working Days)
Total Time in my possession Jan 22 - March 4th, 41 days.
Total Flights when everything worked. 0 Flights = Zero days. Problem Blank FPV
Total Time trying to make it work so I didn't have to send it in. Priceless
I have know idea when it will be returned.

Thoughts,
How about an extension in the warranty related to days in repair.
Each day = a week.

2015-4-9
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I brought the fact up to the guy I talked to that my warranty is ticking away while they sit on my Phantom.  I said I should have my warranty extended for the time they have had it.  He said they would.
2015-4-9
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

This coming Tuesday will be the end of 6 entire calendar weeks without any update.  4 days from now.  A phone call 9 days ago and an email yesterday were both answered that there is no way to check on status of repairs, absent getting an email from a repair tech.
2015-4-11
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

Thanks,
I can't think of any nice comments to share, but the look on my dog should say it all.

2015-4-11
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

i just want mine back for an upcoming trip.  i want two birds (at least) when traveling to shoot.  And my trip will be before the new P3 ships so i am f-ed there too.  
2015-4-12
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I'm afraid you will have to wait AT LEAST another 4 weeks, probably longer.   As of tomorrow, they have had mine for 6 weeks, with no update!
2015-4-13
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I finally got an update that my unit was repaired today.  Took a full 6 weeks to reach that point.  Now I gotta wait for it to be shipped back, I'll let you know how that goes.
2015-4-13
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

let us know the total time, and the total time from check in to repaired.  Mine has been sitting there for two weeks and finally was checked in.
2015-4-14
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Mine sat for 7 days before check in.  So they had it a total of 6 calender weeks.   They overnight shipped it and tried to deliver it today, but I was asleep having worked all night.  They are going to redeliver it on Thursday.  I'm guessing they are getting really swamped since the warm weather has more people flying than in the winter, so there will be more returns, crashes, etc.  I can say I am happy everything was repaired under warranty at least.
2015-4-14
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

When you got your update that your unit was repaired to did you receive an email or did the status change on Zendesk?
They entered my shipping address incorrect on Zendesk.

So those that are following. They will have had my unit 6 calander weeks on the April 20th.
2015-4-16
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Status changed and I got emails.  Just got it back today.  Guess what?  Now I can't get any telemetry data on the Vision App.  I have to send it back!!!!!!!!  I'm not in a good place right now.
2015-4-16
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Ok, figured it out.  When it came back from repair, the plug with four wires going to it that is supposed to be plugged into gimble platform was unplugged.  I prodded it a little and it came right off.  Seated it correctly, and Viola!  I have telemetry!
2015-4-16
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

Cool, Hope you don't have to send yours back "EVER" and "ME" and everybody else.

Today I got a email that my unit was repaired (PERIOD), Same as the Status page.
What else should I and followers expect on their repair system.

My personal issue is the address they may try to ship it to.

I will post my info,
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

2015-4-16
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I was surprised how fast mine shipped after it was repaired.  Hopefully you will have same luck.  Hey, you can always reply to the email you got and ask when they expect it to ship back.
2015-4-17
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

Got an Email this morning 4/17/15 before 8:00 am Pacific, with a FedEx tracking #.
The address is correct. (would not have a chance to fix it).
Tracking # not on FedEx's website yet.
Got another Email "Rate are Support" O.M.G.
2015-4-17
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

Mines been there since the 26th of last month. Cost $60 to ship to LA from Sarasota. Still no word...
2015-4-17
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

With in 10 days of them receiving the unit.
You should have got a email that says:
"We have checked your unit into Zendesk"
That's about it until it is worked on.
2015-4-17
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

OMG, I was so happy to be flying today, was too low flying over some tree tops and skimmed upper tips of trees.  Crashed.  Bent yaw arm on gimbal again.  I'm going to cry.  I'm finding somebody local to fix it this time.  Crash was my fault, underestimated height of trees.  Though 65 feet was high enough.  Not.
2015-4-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules