Lightbridge antennas Air end
6760 11 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andersonpaac
lvl.1

United States

The DJI Lightbridge is great , can someone please point out which antennas (panel or regular) are better and how their antenna setup looks like ?

2014-9-17
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

The paddles are the better antenna choice.
Depending on the room you have and attachment locations available, you'll have to choose.
Most of us flying an S800 or S1000 use these...
http://1uas.com/DJI-Lightbridge- ... ghtbridge%20antenna
2014-9-18
Use props
andersonpaac
lvl.1

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-18 23:16
The paddles are the better antenna choice.
Depending on the room you have and attachment locations a ...

I see , what angle do you maintain between the paddles?
2014-9-18
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
United States

With the LG down, the paddles are almost perpendicular to each other.
When the LG is retracted, the paddles aren't parallel, but they are not perpendicular.
I'd say something other than parallel is optimal.
I think the design of the paddles lends them to being able to operate well when not particularly at a 90 degree angle to each other...
2014-9-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also suggest to point one forward and one back, when using the paddle holders.
2014-9-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

andersonpaac@gm Posted at 2014-9-19 00:47
I see , what angle do you maintain between the paddles?

TJ is correct.  When I am flying with the gear down, ideal antenna placement is not an issue because I am close in.  However, when I fly out over 200m with the gear down that is when I want the antennas to be the best.
2014-9-20
Use props
filipposole
New

Italy

It depends, with Phantom I noticed that normal antenna are better than panel. Very often the problem is how you set the groundstation antennas. If you point the antennas to the multi rotor you'll loose the signal, but if the side of the antennas are directed to the multi rotor you'll get a great signal even very far.
2014-9-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

RE: Lightbridge antennas Air end

I was installing the longer S900 legs on my Hex and while doing so I checked the antenna extender cables.  I noted that there were several places when the outer cover had been nicked.  My guess is that it was because of chaffing by the movement of the landing gear.  I was not able to get a good picture of the damage.  I covered the area with liquid tape then installed some shrink wrap.  I am hoping that this will take care of the problem.  I would make this part of your preflight check list.
2014-9-23
Use props
andersonpaac
lvl.1

United States

filipposole@hot Posted at 2014-9-23 03:08
It depends, with Phantom I noticed that normal antenna are better than panel. Very often the problem ...

So do use it in parallel?
2014-9-26
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-9-24 10:19
I was installing the longer S900 legs on my Hex and while doing so I checked the antenna extender ca ...

The extender cables are what I'd call extra long...
Safe attachment to the LG and collecting up the excess cable to safely store it should be carefully noted by the builder.
I don't know if I'll ever get mine positioned on the moving legs in a manner that suits me.
OCD!
2014-9-28
Use props
filipposole
New

Italy

Yes, parallel!
2014-9-30
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I looped towards the front of the craft. This way it still gives enough length for the legs to retract but keeps the wire safe from the retract system. Don't have any damage on mine.
2014-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules