RC TX accuracy of GPS on different flying modes VIDEO UP...
4946 52 2015-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I only get a red dot (sometime it flashes blue quickly) only if I have GPS turn on on my Android. Otherwise there is no dot at all.
2015-3-31
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-4-1 10:53
I only get a red dot (sometime it flashes blue quickly) only if I have GPS turn on on my Android. Ot ...

Zoom out on the map and see if it is far away from you... BLUE is strong signal.. Red is weak.

If you do not see the dot nor orientation of it that would be very concerning!!
2015-3-31
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Can you post a link to the Shou app please?

Thanks.
2015-4-1
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

genettico@hotma Posted at 2015-3-31 09:53
Thank you... But my concern is not over 20ft... I'm ok with that.. Even 50 ft is still ok in my bo ...

Nice work Genettico, DJI should give you a job, we'd have all these bugs sorted out in no time. I'm getting a feeling from what i've been reading that there may be more than one thing causing this problem, one of them surely is placing a large mobile device on top of a GPS receiver? Have you tried moving your i-Pad upright and out of the way? It may be worth trying. I would go try it now but I'm waiting for a break in the weather.
2015-4-1
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

markaguille Posted at 2015-4-1 17:57
Nice work Genettico, DJI should give you a job, we'd have all these bugs sorted out in no time. I' ...

Thank you and yes I have. I used a 6ft lightning cable and set the ipad on a tripod with the same result.
I also do believe there is more to it than meets the eye.

To me it seems like there are some software issues to be considered... And I will keep on investigating causes..
2015-4-1
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

Muzzy Posted at 2015-4-1 16:10
Can you post a link to the Shou app please?

Thanks.

Once on the you tube page.. Click the link below the video where it says "get it"
2015-4-1
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks genetics, but this link just takes me to a Sophos video! Not sure how to find the video you refer to, to get the app!

I have been reading your posts with great interest and I was wondering if it is anything to do with your iPad.
My iPad mini is only a second generation and not the Air version which I believe has a powerful solid state memory system. On my little old iPad mini, I fly with wi-fi on, airplane mode off and have not had this type of issue or inaccuracies.

I do set the RTH to the controller, so I can move around with my I1 and so far it works great. The I1 when I press the RTH button goes upto the level I have set (60mtrs) and then flies to me. It even lands 2 ft away from me. I also ( for piece of mind/safety) reset the RTH for the controller several times as I move around, just to make sure the I1 has understood the signal.

Regards.
Mike.
2015-4-1
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

Muzzy Posted at 2015-4-2 14:58
Thanks genetics, but this link just takes me to a Sophos video! Not sure how to find the video you r ...

Thank you for the feedback. I doubt is the Ipad as I have tried separating myself from by putting it on a tripod away from RC. I have also tried my Iphone 6. Anyways..

From your IPAD click this link (for the SHOU app)... it will take you to the install immediately:

THIS IS DIRECT:
Just click one:

[url=http://t.co/SGjj2WRwxH]http://t.co/SGjj2WRwxH[/url]

Or redirected:

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FSGjj2WRwxH&redir_token=gVvCDGI_T6m8-BXFNxmw9oKFA8B8MTQyODA3MTk3N0AxNDI3OTg1NTc3

Hope this works out for you.
2015-4-2
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-1 07:19
Genettico, the effects by the environment is not just a cop out.  Have you noticed the solar activit ...

Agree with you, tried to warn folks about this when the solar activity is strong but several posts seemed to not believe this , I've used the solar monitor APP and solar ham web site , and listen to Ben Davis suspicious observers youtube daily solar weather he's done his homework check his info daily.
I bought a phantom two years ago and I've definatly noticed when there is high solar activity , CMEs , filaments , delta configured sun spots etc . Getting a GPS lock was not possible sometimes at my home location , north of Seattle WA. I tried flying the inspire that day and never had so many false homepoint readings , and when it did grab lock for a few seconds it was 300 yards from me over a forest of 120 ft fir trees .. Yikes ....
The last big KP index rise affected areas the worst from Oregon ,Washington , and lower southern Canada .. These areas were hit the hardest on the solar index map. This event was the strongest of solar cycle 24 which is near over ,
2015-4-2
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

genettico@hotma Posted at 2015-4-2 22:45
Thank you for the feedback. I doubt is the Ipad as I have tried separating myself from by putting i ...

Many thanks Genettico. Downloaded and good to go.
2015-4-2
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

genettico@hotma Posted at 2015-3-31 05:07
Man... customer support thru chat IS rough!... seems like language barrier has lots to do with it... ...

5 posts posted by you in a row with no reply, starting to feel spam even though I know you are trying to make a point, you need to please keep it relevant
2015-4-2
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

dm.booth.hotmai Posted at 2015-4-3 03:51
5 posts posted by you in a row with no reply, starting to feel spam even though I know you are tryi ...

Lol... 5 posts in a row... Im glad you are keeping count.. Thanks for that! I'm glad someone here has the time to keep track on how many posts someone does in a row!!! I think the fact your only contribution  to this thread is to make this point speaks for itself... Sorry I offended your sense of relevance, I will try to make it a point to not post 5 posts in a row... However and in the sense on clarifying what I would assume a misunderstanding of my intentions on your part I will indulge to justify my posts (though not needed): One of the posts was to answer GB44, the second one to make a correction to my answer to him plus add details not previously noted, posts 3 and 4 were to add a pic and to show actual distance and the fifth one to convey information someone else might want to know and didn't or just to confirm it ( red vs blue dot meaning on RC)   I don't see your "relevant"  contribution to the thread other than to make a point about "spam".... Lol, indeed please... Let's keep it relevant!
2015-4-2
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

genettico@hotma Posted at 2015-4-3 10:40
Lol... 5 posts in a row... Im glad you are keeping count.. Thanks for that! I'm glad someone here h ...

There you go again!
2015-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules